[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Jan 24, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #766 of 5,962
Quote:
I've contacted with Amazon with my sibilance problem, and they said I can return them and get a refund, but they no longer carry them, so no replacement possible...Great!
mad.gif

Reading back through the thread: you said it was Amazon Italy (amazon.it) you ordered them from, correct?

I ordered a set of X1's from them last week but availability is still listed as unknown, if they told you they aren't selling them anymore then I guess I'll have to cancel that order :frowning2:

Jan 24, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #767 of 5,962
Quote:
Reading back through the thread: you said it was Amazon Italy (amazon.it) you ordered them from, correct?

I ordered a set of X1's from them last week but availability is still listed as unknown, if they told you they aren't selling them anymore then I guess I'll have to cancel that order :frowning2:

Yes, it is from amazon dot it.
They've sent me the following:
"Unfortunately I can not create a replacement order for the article "Philips X1/00, X1 Earphones with Fidelio range" as it is no longer available from our suppliers."

I think you should contact them! (Amazon.de has them....)

Jan 24, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #768 of 5,962
I really hope they are only temporarily out of stock.

@attika89 You sure have lots of Finnish artists/bands in your music preferences. Some might even think you are from Finland :D

Jan 24, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #769 of 5,962
Quote:
@attika89 You sure have lots of Finnish artists/bands in your music preferences. Some might even think you are from Finland :D

Haha yes, nordic bands know how to make good music!
Honestly for me it began with Tarja Turunen. I still remember when did I fell in love with that voice.
redface.gif

A few years ago I even wanted to start learning Finnish, but I did not find a school for that.

Jan 24, 2013 at 4:25 PM Post #770 of 5,962
Quote:
Yes, it is from amazon dot it.
They've sent me the following:
"Unfortunately I can not create a replacement order for the article "Philips X1/00, X1 Earphones with Fidelio range" as it is no longer available from our suppliers."

I think you should contact them! (Amazon.de has them....)

Thanks very much for that! I've sent them an e-mail so I'll see what they say. I checked Amazon.de and on there it seems that Amazon themselves do not have the X1's in stock but other resellers do, seems to be the same story for all of the European Amazon sites - Amazon.es no longer have the X1's on the website at all though...

Jan 25, 2013 at 7:22 AM Post #772 of 5,962
Quote:
BTW, that album was Amaranthe - Amaranthe (2011)
If anyone would try it....

I played the first song on youtube on FA-004 (which is a warm headphone with no sibilance problems otherwise), it sounds like the album was mastered this way, there's a lot of sibilant consonants and I hear them very well. Any detailed headphone with clear highs will make it worse.

It also depends on a person's subjective sensitivity to sibilance, many people don't mind/hear it at all. Your brain also learns it after a while. I remember when I first listened to my Fischer-Audio DBA-02 (which is neutral with a bit of emphasis on highs) and everything was so sibilant... bleh. But after a few months I actually stopped hearing the sibilance and loved the sound, although I still can't listen to some genres on it (some metal subgenres for example).

My X1 will arrive on monday, but I doubt it will be any better if I can hear it on FA-004. It's not that bad though, I've heard worse. :wink:

Jan 25, 2013 at 8:53 AM Post #773 of 5,962
Quote:
I played the first song on youtube on FA-004 (which is a warm headphone with no sibilance problems otherwise), it sounds like the album was mastered this way, there's a lot of sibilant consonants and I hear them very well. Any detailed headphone with clear highs will make it worse.

It also depends on a person's subjective sensitivity to sibilance, many people don't mind/hear it at all. Your brain also learns it after a while. I remember when I first listened to my Fischer-Audio DBA-02 (which is neutral with a bit of emphasis on highs) and everything was so sibilant... bleh. But after a few months I actually stopped hearing the sibilance and loved the sound, although I still can't listen to some genres on it (some metal subgenres for example).

My X1 will arrive on monday, but I doubt it will be any better if I can hear it on FA-004. It's not that bad though, I've heard worse. :wink:

Yes, it could be that the album was mastered poorly. Look up the Loudness War if you want details about dynamic range compression and increasing loudness beyond 0db which causes noticeable clipping and distortion. I thought Californication by the Red Hot Chili Peppers was incredibly sibilant when I first heard it a few years ago. I was blaming my headphones but then later found out that it was because it was mastered by the worst sound engineer alive, Rick Rubin and that he distorted the hell out of it on purpose.

Basically, what I am trying to say is simply that sometimes the recording is just complete ****.

Jan 25, 2013 at 9:07 AM Post #775 of 5,962
Can someone put these in order of bass impact
HD650
Philips X1
LCD2
HE400
HE500
HD700
DT770
I know this quite a mix of headphones and pricing, but it would be really helpful to know about bass impact and also bass quantity and soundstage of each headphone
I shue most people haven't heard all of them but comparisons of those on the list or maybe some other god headphones for bass impact would be good.
hope people can help with this
Thanks

Jan 26, 2013 at 5:49 AM Post #776 of 5,962
Quote:
HD650
Philips X1
LCD2
HE400
HE500
HD700
DT770
I know this quite a mix of headphones and pricing, but it would be really helpful to know about bass impact and also bass quantity and soundstage of each headphone
I shue most people haven't heard all of them but comparisons of those on the list or maybe some other god headphones for bass impact would be good.
Thanks

Your probably not gonna get it.

Jan 26, 2013 at 3:58 PM Post #778 of 5,962
Quote:
HD650
Philips X1
LCD2
HE400
HE500
HD700
DT770
Thanks

From most to least:
DT770
HD650
HE400
HE500
LCD-2
HD700

I haven't heard the X1 yet.

Jan 26, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #780 of 5,962
Quote:
From most to least:
DT770
HD650
HE400
HE500
LCD-2
HD700

I haven't heard the X1 yet.

The X1 is above the HD650 in terms of quantity and quality. It is definitely a mile less than the DT770 though as this headphone hits like a brick wall with bass (just too much).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back