[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Feb 28, 2014 at 10:14 AM Post #3,992 of 5,962
  M'kay...
blink.gif

well i am a/b ing right now I hear more in the music in the mids and treble details than I do on the x1 ?

Feb 28, 2014 at 10:21 AM Post #3,994 of 5,962
I agree that the dr150 is a "sleeper" headphone. It had awesome soundstage, imaging, even frequency response (with a bit of a subdued bass), but the build and comfort were terrible. There were times when I thought I had broken the headband because of how creaky it was.

The fidelio isn't up there in terms of analytical treble and high resolution, but that's why people like it. It doesn't fatigue like beyers or even hifiman.
The x1 also has incredibly solid build quality. Kinda makes me regret selling mine :/

Feb 28, 2014 at 10:23 AM Post #3,995 of 5,962

those are bottom of ear to ear measurements of my head not the headphone

But you are saying that anyone with ears measurements longer than that won't fit into the earcups, even though the inner diameter is 60mm.

because the headband strap is almost touching the metal headband for me so anyone with say 47cm ear to ear the metal headband will be pressing against the top of their head

Feb 28, 2014 at 10:26 AM Post #3,996 of 5,962
I agree that the dr150 is a "sleeper" headphone. It had awesome soundstage, imaging, even frequency response (with a bit of a subdued bass), but the build and comfort were terrible. There were times when I thought I had broken the headband because of how creaky it was.

The fidelio isn't up there in terms of analytical treble and high resolution, but that's why people like it. It doesn't fatigue like beyers or even hifiman.
The x1 also has incredibly solid build quality. Kinda makes me regret selling mine :/

I think people are just being influenced by the bass quantity and have come from lesser cans.
I can hear clear distinct symbols on muse for example under the dr150 that you have to squint to barely even hear on the x1 ?
Each to their own I'd keep them too had I only paid $150 for them for that price they are more impressive.

What can I say if they were any good i'd be keeping them not sending them back I don't need the money.
I notice you also sent yours back ? well why would you do that ? unless you agree the details and refinement are not HQ ?

Feb 28, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #3,997 of 5,962
  I think people are just being influenced by the bass quantity and have come from lesser cans.
I can hear clear distinct symbols on muse for example under the dr150 that you have to squint to barely even hear on the x1 ?
Each to their own I'd keep them too had I only paid $150 for them for that price they are more impressive.

What can I say if they were any good i'd be keeping them not sending them back I don't need the money.
I notice you also sent yours back ? well why would you do that ? unless you agree the details and refinement are not HQ ?

I actually a/b'd the fidelio x1 and hd600 at one point with a friend. He and I both agreed the two headphones were comparable with the hd600 edging out in terms of ultimate detail and transient speed, but the x1 held its own in terms of air, soundstage, and overall frequency response (+ bass obviously).

& I actually sold my pair to a member here. Why? Haha not sure, I just like trying different headphones. I might go back to the x1 someday or wait it out until fidelio decides to drop an x2

btw, while I like Muse their recordings aren't quality http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/list?artist=Muse
Not really what I would consider reference material to compare 'phones

Feb 28, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #3,998 of 5,962
  well i am a/b ing right now I hear more in the music in the mids and treble details than I do on the x1 ?

Well, since you edited your post, my "M'kay..." comment is less pertinent. Your pre-edited post as a whole, including the part where you stated people on Head-Fi lying about what components they owned and that you were leaving the site because of such dishonesty induced said tongue-in-cheek rebuttal and emoticon.

If you do not like the X1s, sell them. I happen to love them, therefore am keeping mine. Simple enough.

Feb 28, 2014 at 12:30 PM Post #4,000 of 5,962
  Well, since you edited your post, my "M'kay..." comment is less pertinent. Your pre-edited post as a whole, including the part where you stated people on Head-Fi lying about what components they owned and that you were leaving the site because of such dishonesty induced said tongue-in-cheek rebuttal and emoticon.

If you do not like the X1s, sell them. I happen to love them, therefore am keeping mine. Simple enough.

because i realized I was going too far and insulting, okay enjoy your "in my opinion" flabby woolly \ _ _ _ sounding non reference quality muddy non existant mids and treble headphones glad you like them

Feb 28, 2014 at 12:31 PM Post #4,001 of 5,962
I think X1 is a really nice and fun piece of gem for its price(at around $200). It's something intended for general audience to have - deep, good bass, and a little recessed treble and mids to make it not overly bright for everyone. A great thing about the X1 is the open design, which brings a soundstage improvement over most of the closed HP. 

HD600 or similar dark headphones at similar price range usually need some sort of amp to drive, while the X1 do not. This is another perk of the X1 and another hint that X1 is designed with the general audience in mind. 

Now, for those who criticize it and say that it's over-hyped, while I do not necessarily disagree, but the X1 is definitely a good contender for around $300-$400 range, which is about $100 higher than X1. And if you prefer bright sounding headphones or a treble-freak, X1 will sound like a junk. So, for someone that uses about a $200 headphone and got X1, or someone who has never had a $300 headphones before,hell yeah, they will definitely love it and hype it, because it is such a great bang for the buck. If you strictly look at how neutral and how well it translate the source, yeah, it's a terrible one, but the musicality of the X1 and the fun you can have with X1 with many different genre(and gaming/movies) is what makes the X1 really appealing. 

By the way, I have my HD700 as my main headphones, which is on the bright side, but I still love the X1 and use it when I want to hear a darker presentation for some music.

:D :D :D :D I reached 100 :D :D :D :D

Feb 28, 2014 at 2:21 PM Post #4,004 of 5,962
Not sure if he's trolling or just got a bad unit. Listening my X1 with Modi+Magni right now, various tracks, detail is awesome, to an extent that now I hear all the irregularities/badly compressed songs. Nowhere near "muddy non existant mids and treble"...

Feb 28, 2014 at 2:29 PM Post #4,005 of 5,962

Wut...

I respectfully disagree.

x2

Yeah, buy you are one of the liars. Just like Tyll at Innerfidelity - he managed to lie them right onto the wall of fame lol. You may as well include me into the merry little band of liars as well 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back