New Nagra HD DAC
Nov 23, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #677 of 820
What Music streamer or CD Player are you using with the NAGRA Tube DAC ?

Dec 5, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #679 of 820
I wonder which sources are available using the new Nagra Link developed with Andreas Koch for the new tubeDAC ? so far there is no NAGRA Sources with Nagra Link output !?

Dec 6, 2019 at 10:13 AM Post #681 of 820
Hope you are right and legacy products are supported.

Hi,
what I have heard that Nagra is developing a Roon Bridge which will have the link onboard.
It will show up next year at the Munich Hifi Show (Rumors)

Mar 31, 2020 at 2:41 PM Post #682 of 820
Hi,
what I have heard that Nagra is developing a Roon Bridge which will have the link onboard.
It will show up next year at the Munich Hifi Show (Rumors)

I hope this will happen.

But; a NAGRA's ROON Server (with the link and internal storage for the music files) instead of a Roon Bridge, will be even better, so that NAGRA can control the complete audio chain...

This will really make sense considering the fulgurent grow of streaming and Roon together. NAGRA cannot forever ignore streaming...

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2020 at 3:50 AM Post #683 of 820
I hope this will happen.

But; a NAGRA's ROON Server (with the link) instead of a Roon Bridge, will be even better, so that NAGRA can control the complete audio chain...

This will really make sense considering the fulgurent grow of streaming and Roon together. NAGRA cannot forever ignore streaming...

Even better: An Ethernet input added to their TOL DAC to convert the Tube DAC & HD X DAC into "streaming DACs" . But here... I am just dreaming :rolling_eyes:

Apr 1, 2020 at 6:04 AM Post #684 of 820
Even better: An Ethernet input added to their TOL DAC to convert the Tube DAC & HD X DAC into "streaming DACs" . But here... I am just dreaming :rolling_eyes:

agree, but this will never hapend.

Apr 1, 2020 at 7:43 AM Post #685 of 820
IMO you are better with a designed for purpose Music Server. Putting more complex circuit into a DAC is not such a good idea IMO. Most of the loss in SQ with streaming is noise form the data, and noise from power supplies in the router, switch, cables etc. After I fitted the 432 EVO music server in my system, it proved to me the cause of a lot of the problems in digital was in the streaming. Not much point in having a top DAC and a Laptop feeding it.

Apr 1, 2020 at 1:12 PM Post #686 of 820
I use the Roon Nucleus + along with the Nagra HD DAC. Been this way since last summer.

Apr 1, 2020 at 3:03 PM Post #687 of 820
I use the Roon Nucleus + along with the Nagra HD DAC. Been this way since last summer.

no temptation to "ugrade " to the Tube DAC ? :blush:

Apr 1, 2020 at 3:59 PM Post #688 of 820
no temptation to "ugrade " to the Tube DAC ? :blush:

I heard that as well as the current Nagra DAC X in Hong Kong over the course of a few days back in January before crap hit the fan. With my ears, I could not hear much difference over the 3 year old Nagra HD DAC using my test tracks with my Utopia and Sony IER-Z1R phones. Those were the ones I bought for my travels and what I consider the most revealing. There may have been some more depth with the DAC X but the Tube DAC was pretty much identical versus the HD DAC. And my dealer friend was not telling me which of the 3 were being used at the time. In the end, I was satisfied and left just wasting money on vintage reel to reel tapes of Muddy Waters and Art Pepper, plus a fully operational Nagra Portable IV S Tape Player

Apr 1, 2020 at 4:09 PM Post #689 of 820
I heard that as well as the current Nagra DAC X in Hong Kong over the course of a few days back in January before crap hit the fan. With my ears, I could not hear much difference over the 3 year old Nagra HD DAC using my test tracks with my Utopia and Sony IER-Z1R phones. Those were the ones I bought for my travels and what I consider the most revealing. There may have been some more depth with the DAC X but the Tube DAC was pretty much identical versus the HD DAC. And my dealer friend was not telling me which of the 3 were being used at the time. In the end, I was satisfied and left just wasting money on vintage reel to reel tapes of Muddy Waters and Art Pepper, plus a fully operational Nagra Portable IV S Tape Player

wise man !

Apr 19, 2020 at 9:20 PM Post #690 of 820
IMG_6587.jpg

Hoping you all are well and safe, and not losing your mind (like me....)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back