New Nagra HD DAC
Apr 4, 2019 at 8:00 AM Post #661 of 820
The tube dac is priced at 29000usd, which is 4000 more expensive than hd dac. Out of my reach. I got a deal of hd dac from my local dealer. It should be arriving at home this week! Can't wait :)

Congratulations! Female vocals sound the best on the Nagra HD DAC versus any other uber DACs, in my view.

Apr 6, 2019 at 6:36 PM Post #662 of 820
Congratulations! Female vocals sound the best on the Nagra HD DAC versus any other uber DACs, in my view.
Finally, it arrives:)
IMG_0492.JPG

IMG_0493.JPG

Yeah, female vocal sounds excellent under ath l5000. I am considering taking the tiny desktop system to my office. But I am aware of theft..

Apr 6, 2019 at 8:36 PM Post #663 of 820
Finally, it arrives:)

Yeah, female vocal sounds excellent under ath l5000. I am considering taking the tiny desktop system to my office. But I am aware of theft..

Kudos!
You will love the Nagra HD DAC. I am still loving it in my 4th year with one.
Also, did you enjoy the Nagra unpacking experience?

Paul

Apr 7, 2019 at 2:46 AM Post #664 of 820
Kudos!
You will love the Nagra HD DAC. I am still loving it in my 4th year with one.
Also, did you enjoy the Nagra unpacking experience?

Paul
Hi Paul
Of course! Double boxes and surrounding foams protect HD dac very well. I hope nagra could make a I notice it comes with a Nagra USB stick not mentioned in the manual. I haven't plugged it to laptop. Do you know what's inside it? Now I am using 2 power cables which are sold for 7 usd a pack in Amazon :) I really need to find some seriously built cables. Do you have any suggestions?

Johnny

Apr 7, 2019 at 10:40 AM Post #665 of 820
Hi Paul
Of course! Double boxes and surrounding foams protect HD dac very well. I hope nagra could make a I notice it comes with a Nagra USB stick not mentioned in the manual. I haven't plugged it to laptop. Do you know what's inside it? Now I am using 2 power cables which are sold for 7 usd a pack in Amazon :) I really need to find some seriously built cables. Do you have any suggestions?

Johnny

Johnny,

Sent you PM to discuss further.

Paul

Apr 8, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #666 of 820
Hi Paul

Johnny

The stick is for firmware upgrades and isn't useful unless your DAC isn't on the latest version of the firmware.

Re: cables, I am partial to Stealth Audio's pure silver interconnects. I'm not super convinced by power cords, but you do want something thick gauge and well insulated. I found an M7000 for a really good price but I wouldn't pay $1k for any power cord, better to put the funds toward a power conditioner. If you want to use the preamp of the HD DAC the MPS is definitely worth considering. For just the DAC part the MPS is more of an academic consideration, and I can't justify the cost over a regular double conversion power supply (or the ACPS which is what I run at home).

3eJNrev.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2019 at 11:19 AM Post #667 of 820
Anybody here knows what jumper setting gives the least amount of gain? (Nagra HD dac)
For the moment I run single jumper per channel in position 8, but still a bit to high for Grados.
Thanks

Sep 14, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #668 of 820
any report on the new TUBE DAC, the successor of the HD DAC ?

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2019 at 1:40 AM Post #669 of 820
The Nagra unboxing experience is tops in the industry.

Nagra.jpg

Oct 16, 2019 at 4:06 AM Post #670 of 820
The Nagra unboxing experience is tops in the industry.

Interested how it compares v your DAVE. In my case I prefer the Kassandra v DAVE inc Upscaler, but not heard the Nagra in my system.

Oct 16, 2019 at 3:27 PM Post #672 of 820

A must for the HD-DAC or the HD-TUBE DAC

I see a ABYSS cable conected to the Headphone Jack of the HD DAC !! :astonished:

What ABYSS headphone is it ? Can the HD DAC's Headphone amp drive your headphone to it's best or is an external headphone amp needed to get the best of your ABYSS ?

Oct 16, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #674 of 820
I just use the ABYSS adapter for the Meze empyrean , ABYSS Headphone is driven by the chord TT2_HMS combo.

AHHH ! I see :)

So... can the HD DAC's Headphone amp drive your headphone to it's best or is an external headphone amp needed to get the best of your Meze ? :ksc75smile: Are you happy with the sound signature of the HD DAC"s headphone amp ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back