New Monster headphones: First Impressions
Jul 30, 2012 at 10:37 PM Post #31 of 101
Tried the Ntune today and they lasted 20 minutes in my car before I returned them. The bass was much heavier than the Nergy IEM and sloppy, the mids were recessed, and worse so was the treble. I could see the mids improving as well as the bass but I don't think the treble would ever sound good. They were not horrible for comfort but not great either.

I tried the SOL Tracks HD the other day and they were better in my opinion. The Tracks had to much bass for me to but at least it was a better quality as was the treble, the mids were recessed but not as much as the Ntune and I liked the controls better. All for less money.

I don't see the Ntune doing very well.

Aug 1, 2012 at 12:15 PM Post #33 of 101
Quote:
I don't see any of the Monster headphones doing very well xD

Deciding between "Monster Killer" and "Beats Basher" for the side of my V-modas....

Aug 5, 2012 at 4:15 AM Post #39 of 101
Over here in Singapore, Stereo is selling the diamond tears @ SGD 699 ; but Apple SG is selling both the inspiration & diamond tears @ SGD 420 each; Wonder why is there such a big price difference?

Aug 18, 2012 at 12:47 AM Post #41 of 101
I just go the Diamond Tears today. They actually sound not too bad. Yes, they are bass heavy (or should I say mid bass heavy?), but the bass is pretty tight and punchy. The mids still shine through, and the highs aren't harsh, yet detailed enough that you don't feel like you're missing out on a lot. $350? Maybe it's worth it, depending on who you ask. Based on sound alone, there are probably more detailed, balanced headphones out there at $350, but I personally like the looks of it which adds value for me.

Aug 18, 2012 at 1:20 AM Post #42 of 101
I had a quick listen with the noise cancelling inspiration today, and was shocked that I did not want to burn them like I did when I tried the studios. I was thinking of buying a pair and doing a review, What do you guys think?

Aug 19, 2012 at 5:30 PM Post #43 of 101
I had a quick listen with the noise cancelling inspiration today, and was shocked that I did not want to burn them like I did when I tried the studios. I was thinking of buying a pair and doing a review, What do you guys think?

Please do! I think the design of the inspirations look awesome but I'm kind of worried about how they might sound compared to others

Users who are viewing this thread

Back