New Monster headphones: First Impressions
Aug 19, 2012 at 10:24 PM Post #46 of 101
Is that possible?

Aug 20, 2012 at 6:54 PM Post #49 of 101
I got a set of the Monster Inspiration passive version at Future Shop today. I was tempted because of the 30 day MBG. I had heard from a few folks that these were not of the Beats-type variety of sound, but for serious listening.

Well, thank goodness for the return policy because these were back in the box within about half an hour. Truly hideous. Bloated bass, tipped up treble, bent midrange. Pretty much everything you DON'T want in a headphone unless you are deaf or enjoy torturing yourself. They made the Philips L1 sound bass-shy. And I could hear all of these commissions of sins simultaneously when I played the pink noise test disc. Sounded like someone was letting air out of a tire while rolling thunder signalled an approaching storm.

So I got to hear two awful cans in one day....this and the P3. Excuse me while I don my PSB M4U 2 for some headache relief.

Aug 20, 2012 at 7:23 PM Post #50 of 101
Quote:
I got a set of the Monster Inspiration passive version at Future Shop today. I was tempted because of the 30 day MBG. I had heard from a few folks that these were not of the Beats-type variety of sound, but for serious listening.

Well, thank goodness for the return policy because these were back in the box within about half an hour. Truly hideous. Bloated bass, tipped up treble, bent midrange. Pretty much everything you DON'T want in a headphone unless you are deaf or enjoy torturing yourself. They made the Philips L1 sound bass-shy. And I could hear all of these commissions of sins simultaneously when I played the pink noise test disc. Sounded like someone was letting air out of a tire while rolling thunder signalled an approaching storm.

So I got to hear two awful cans in one day....this and the P3. Excuse me while I don my PSB M4U 2 for some headache relief.

sounds like you liked them alot.

Aug 21, 2012 at 7:47 PM Post #53 of 101
Quote:
I just go the Diamond Tears today. They actually sound not too bad. Yes, they are bass heavy (or should I say mid bass heavy?), but the bass is pretty tight and punchy. The mids still shine through, and the highs aren't harsh, yet detailed enough that you don't feel like you're missing out on a lot. $350? Maybe it's worth it, depending on who you ask. Based on sound alone, there are probably more detailed, balanced headphones out there at $350, but I personally like the looks of it which adds value for me.

OK then, it's official.

It is beyond Monster's capabilities to make a balanced sounding headphone. May they crash and burn.

Aug 25, 2012 at 4:21 PM Post #54 of 101
Aug 25, 2012 at 4:27 PM Post #55 of 101
The "NCredible Ntune" officially takes the "ugliest headphones in the world" title away from Beats. An industrial design disaster.

I will however admit that the Inspirations look very good. Too bad about the crappy sound reports.

Aug 25, 2012 at 6:17 PM Post #58 of 101

Users who are viewing this thread

Back