NEW! Monster DNA headphones
Dec 8, 2012 at 9:15 PM Post #106 of 212
Unless I the M-80s can be modded for more comfort I think I am going to keep the DNA as they sound very good(as other have mentioned). That and because I can listen to music for hours without it getting uncomfortable like the M-80 can. After more burning in the bass has cleaned up a bit more(thought some songs can be a little on the heavier side, which results in a one notch lower volume). Both look wise are really sexy, so that was a tie. The Aviators on the other hand do have that airplane look to them that leads them to be a bit vintage and hispter-ish(in a bad way).

Both the DNA and M-80 are really good choices, but the long term comfort was a big fault of the M-80, which is less forgiven imo vs the slight heavier bass of the DNA. The one that surprised me the most was the DNA, since the Beats line was awful for the price. Monsters new line on the other hand pretty much fixed most of the wrong of the Beats at the same price too boot. 

Dec 16, 2012 at 2:48 AM Post #107 of 212
i just picked up the teal/white pair from Bestbuy, and they're very comfortable.
As comfortable as the Bose AE2 i used before

Don't find the base as over powering and muddled as my brother who bought Beats Studios (told him not to but wouldn't listen to me)

Bass stronger than my AD700 (obviously), ATH-M50, and the AE2, but is still clear.

Nice to not need an amp to drive it like my K701.

Gonna replace the AE2 with these as my commuter headphones.

Dec 16, 2012 at 1:37 PM Post #108 of 212
I was shocked when I listened to these at a BB the other day. I didn't know Dre and Monster had gone there seperate ways and thought, "how many more sets can they flood the market with?".

I picked them up and listened to the demo and was blown away compared to my expectations. Still at the $199 tag, ill take my AKG K167 but they were darn good.

Makes me kind of want to hear the diamond tears now.

Dec 16, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #109 of 212
Quote:
It's interesting how they take what's likely the same driver as the beats and repackage it over and over.

Although all Beat by Dr. Dre headphones was last manufactured by Monster, they sounded differently. So I assumed they uses different driver and design team.

Dec 16, 2012 at 10:44 PM Post #110 of 212
Quote:
I was shocked when I listened to these at a BB the other day. I didn't know Dre and Monster had gone there seperate ways and thought, "how many more sets can they flood the market with?".
I picked them up and listened to the demo and was blown away compared to my expectations. Still at the $199 tag, ill take my AKG K167 but they were darn good.
Makes me kind of want to hear the diamond tears now.

Beats,
On fashion and publicity, they worth $199.00.
On audiophile sound quality, they worth only $19.90.

Oh I've forgotten about monster. You better check-out Monster Diesel Vektr it having better sound than the Diamond Tear. And either of them are better sounding than any Beats.

Dec 16, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #111 of 212
So, to update people, I returned the M-80 and Aviators, and plan to keep the DNA, as it's comfort level tip the scale. The sound on the M-80, as I said before, had a more natural bass, which I preferred, but the DNA had more power(lively-ness) at the same volume level. The Aviators, even after burning them in, were still a bit to bright for my taste. At this price you really can't go too wrong with either one, you just need to know what you are looking for. 

Dec 17, 2012 at 8:58 PM Post #112 of 212
How come there are no full reviews yet for this headphone on the product section. I believe it's there's been enough time for someone who owns them to give us a glimpse of how it feels to push these cans. Hopefully someone can do it in time for the holidays so some of us can decide on what to write on our xmas lists.
L3000.gif

Dec 20, 2012 at 3:10 AM Post #115 of 212
Seriously the DNA really are mind blowing for something with the Monster name, and are priced fairly at $200. They even sound better than the $350 Beats my friend has. Plus the DNA is built better than the Solo HD and Executives my friends own. 

Dec 20, 2012 at 8:22 AM Post #116 of 212
Okay, so this begs the question... is it mind-blowing in and of itself?  Or is it mind-blowing considering that it's Monster?

Dec 20, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #118 of 212
I would say a little of both actually, thought a bit more mind blowing on the it's a Monster product side. Hell I compared it to the M-80 and thought this could really hold it's own against it SQ wise.

Dec 20, 2012 at 6:54 PM Post #119 of 212
Quote:
I would say a little of both actually, thought a bit more mind blowing on the it's a Monster product side. Hell I compared it to the M-80 and thought this could really hold it's own against it SQ wise.

And I would agree with that.  In fact, I rank the DNA ahead of the M80 for bass quantity/quality and of course comfort.  These things are super comfy.

Dec 20, 2012 at 7:00 PM Post #120 of 212
I would say more "monster" because that was my thought when I first tried them on, but they def hold their own. Super comfy and the don't leak much compared to what you'd think. Sound very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back