New model Cowon - Plenue D2
Apr 18, 2024 at 8:36 AM Post #946 of 952
Hi guys. Just read few pages on this topic. I have an opportunity to try and buy this DAP. But what makes me a bit hesitating is about line - out. Do you think it will works with a Chord Mojo device? Thanks a lot in advance for your answers
The small Plenue series (d,d2,d3,j) only have headphone out, so can’t be used with Mojo. The larger Plenues have an optical out so can be used as a source for Mojo, I’ve done that with a number of them in the past. Handy thing is you can use JetEffects on the outgoing optical signal.

Apr 18, 2024 at 9:15 AM Post #947 of 952
thanks guys
What do you mean ostap about "didn't like the result" ? Sounds was not good ?
Risks adding noise between the two amplifications (at potentially different S/N ratios) and distorting the signal. It's not disastrous (won't damage your equipment or anything like that) and distortion can vary from barely audible to clearly audible. Although it's better to have a signal directly from the DAC to the amplifier, you can try it for yourself and see. I do remember using my PD2 with active speakers and didn't notice anything terrible in the resulting sound.

Apr 19, 2024 at 12:12 AM Post #949 of 952
Ok
My friend who is working in audio equipments told me that I could probably use the earphones 3.5 plug to my Mojo then to my Iem or headphones ...
Will see with him when we'll have time to make some tests :)
You can't, Mojo isn't an amplifier, it's a DAC. It needs to have a digital signal going in, not an analogue signal which is what you'll get from the PD2 3.5mm out.

Apr 19, 2024 at 9:35 AM Post #951 of 952
Alright ! Sh.. :frowning2: I was planning to try it !
Anyway, read & herad so many things about the D2 that it could fit me without the Mojo
Thanks guys for your detailed answers !
PD2 was my first DAP and what a powerful little beastie it was! Literally pocket size, reliable (albeit with a rather outdated UI), massive battery time, really good EQ options. It's not on the same calibre as Chord Mojo 2, I don't think, but it's super portable and should now be fairly cheap. I think you'll enjoy it.

Apr 19, 2024 at 11:42 AM Post #952 of 952
Yeah. I found one on a french forum for less than 100 euros in top condition. That's also what decide me to try. I am perfectly équipes with Sony Wm1a NPaudio and COLORFLY C4 PRO as well but yu know, I feel like more and more curious on other Dap's as I turn intro addicted 😜

Users who are viewing this thread

Back