New Millett Hybrid Maxed Amp
Jun 9, 2008 at 6:22 PM Post #4,951 of 6,727
Quote:

Originally Posted by Takaji /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guys, I'm trying to find a 3mm LED for the MAX that is bright (around 5500 mcd as the BOM suggests). Can anyone give me some Mouser part numbers? I'm interested in light blue, blue, ultraviolet, aqua green...

Im pretty sure I have a couple of ultrabright blue ones that I never used in my Max builds. They are from LSDiodes and 5500mcd. They will blind you for a while
smily_headphones1.gif
Drop me a PM if you want them. Otherwise these guys seem to have a good selection:
Alan Parekh Electronic Projects Online Store

Jun 9, 2008 at 7:34 PM Post #4,952 of 6,727
Quote:

Originally Posted by BoilermakerFan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Uh oh, reverse pinout. You better send those transistors to me and I'll send you different ones to replace them.
wink.gif

Millett Hybrid MAX BJT Transistors

A picture is worth a 1,000 words, so check out the great pic on the MAX website...

Ahhh yes, of course!! I don't know how I missed that image. Thank you so much.

Jun 9, 2008 at 7:37 PM Post #4,953 of 6,727
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrMajestic2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im pretty sure I have a couple of ultrabright blue ones that I never used in my Max builds. They are from LSDiodes and 5500mcd. They will blind you for a while
smily_headphones1.gif
Drop me a PM if you want them. Otherwise these guys seem to have a good selection:
Alan Parekh Electronic Projects Online Store

No way, this store is right in my city it seems!
Thanks so much MrMajestic for recommending this place and your offer!

Jun 10, 2008 at 2:58 AM Post #4,954 of 6,727
I was getting ready to order parts for my 2nd Max build and realized that Hi-Temp Radial Electrolytic Capacitors 25V 47uF 105C (for CM1) at Mouser are on backorder. Can anyone tell me of a suitable replacement for this cap? Could I use the 33uf with no adverse effects? I'd really hate to have to wait or order just this part from another supplier.

Edit: Also, the Radial Tantalum Capacitors, Bulk Packaging 35V 10uF 10% (CR4) are backordered, so I also need to know a suitable substitute for this as well.

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 10, 2008 at 3:07 AM Post #4,955 of 6,727
Quote:

Originally Posted by djbob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was getting ready to order parts for my 2nd Max build and realized that Hi-Temp Radial Electrolytic Capacitors 25V 47uF 105C (for CM1) at Mouser are on backorder. Can anyone tell me of a suitable replacement for this cap? Could I use the 33uf with no adverse effects? I'd really hate to have to wait or order just this part from another supplier.

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

You can split the BOM pretty easily between Digi-Key and Mouser. I'd just order the recommended V-D RD55 resistors from Mouser, and the caps from Digi-Key along with the Hoffman case to hit the minimum order requirements. Plus you can order Silmic II or Panasonic FC caps from Digi-Key if you want to try something different from the Muse ES without stepping all the way up to BGs.

Also, just make sure you populate both orders at the same time in case you come across other items on back-order at either company. I had to wait about 3 weeks for a transistor to come in from Mouser because I waited 3 days after I already placed my Digi-Key order...

Jun 10, 2008 at 4:57 AM Post #4,956 of 6,727
Quote:

Originally Posted by djbob /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Boilermakerfan has a good suggestion - it's an excuse to use DigiKey for those wonderful Panasonic FM's for CR1's, CA4's and CA5's.

Or, you can check the post #4918 where we just answered this a few pages back:
New Millett Hybrid MAX - Post #4918

The quality of the electrolytics in the relay-delay are not critical. You can use any brand, almost. I use Xicons, although Mouser is out of those right now, too - but the Nichicon UVZ's will work just fine, too. Or, you can even use a 22uf 25V radial tantalum, but those are kind of expensive.

Quote:

Edit: Also, the Radial Tantalum Capacitors, Bulk Packaging 35V 10uF 10% (CR4) are backordered, so I also need to know a suitable substitute for this as well.

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Any other radial tantalum with the same ratings should work. Even differing lead spacing can be bent to fit. However, this one by Kemet should be an equal replacement:
T350G106K035AT

Jun 10, 2008 at 11:14 AM Post #4,959 of 6,727
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hate to over-commit, but maybe a week or two?

You do realise that in exactly 14 days and 1 minute, there will be a constant stream of posts asking you why it hasn't been done yet..........
wink.gif

Jun 10, 2008 at 11:23 AM Post #4,960 of 6,727
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beefy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You do realise that in exactly 14 days and 1 minute, there will be a constant stream of posts asking you why it hasn't been done yet..........
wink.gif

Looks like I'm already getting them.
wink.gif
wink.gif

Jun 11, 2008 at 11:21 AM Post #4,962 of 6,727
Quote:

Originally Posted by bperboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Stream, stream, stream, where's our website?!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

LOL! You have already built a MOSFET-MAX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back