New Miles Davis Trumpet (not Tribute) earphones
Dec 5, 2012 at 9:23 AM Post #376 of 538
Yes I would say paying $150 for the Miles Davis Trumpet was an awesome price. That's $200 bucks off the suggested retail bro! Did you not know that? Congrats.

I hope the issue with the ControlTalk doesn't put a damper on it. Have even listened to them yet or are you waiting to figure out if they're keepers or not so you can return them?

I figured at that price you ought to be able to sell them and maybe make $50 bucks or more!

Good luck.

Dec 6, 2012 at 1:41 AM Post #377 of 538
Quote:
Yes I would say paying $150 for the Miles Davis Trumpet was an awesome price. 

It really is. Well, before I got my trumpet I assume it would be really  "blemish packed" as they said. But everything I got is like new and the box is sealed very well. I did not touch anything but the earbuds just in case I may return it. 

No need to discuss the looking, just great.
For the sound quality, so far I think its performance on instrumental music is good; trumpets, violins and guitars sounds great  with it. The soundstage is big enough for Jazz but may be small for classical. 
That's basically all my thoughts.
I think the fitting is a big issue for me, the mid size jelly tips are too small and they hurt my ears. The large ones don't fit. 
ps: Anyone listens to both the trumpet and the m7pro of future sonic? I still can decide which one should I eventually go with. I will only keep one pair of dynamic drivers IEM eventually.

Dec 6, 2012 at 7:05 PM Post #379 of 538
Got my Trumpets as well and the bass is so good. Better than the bass on my Pro Golds which I gave to my wife. Music just sounds fun on the Trumpets which is what I look for in an IEM. I think the reason why Monster was selling them as "blemished packaging" was because they didn't come with the second pouch but who cares for $200 savings. I am having a hard time finding the right Supertips though so if anyone has a recommendation on another tip I would appreciate it. I used Sony Hybrids on my Golds.

Dec 6, 2012 at 7:07 PM Post #380 of 538
It really is. Well, before I got my trumpet I assume it would be really  "blemish packed" as they said. But everything I got is like new and the box is sealed very well. I did not touch anything but the earbuds just in case I may return it. 

No need to discuss the looking, just great.
For the sound quality, so far I think its performance on instrumental music is good; trumpets, violins and guitars sounds great  with it. The soundstage is big enough for Jazz but may be small for classical. 
That's basically all my thoughts.
I think the fitting is a big issue for me, the mid size jelly tips are too small and they hurt my ears. The large ones don't fit. 
ps: Anyone listens to both the trumpet and the m7pro of future sonic? I still can decide which one should I eventually go with. I will only keep one pair of dynamic drivers IEM eventually.

For strictly classical I have yet to hear an IEM that sounds better than the ER-4.

Dec 6, 2012 at 9:23 PM Post #381 of 538
Quote:
Got my Trumpets as well and the bass is so good. Better than the bass on my Pro Golds which I gave to my wife. Music just sounds fun on the Trumpets which is what I look for in an IEM. I think the reason why Monster was selling them as "blemished packaging" was because they didn't come with the second pouch but who cares for $200 savings. I am having a hard time finding the right Supertips though so if anyone has a recommendation on another tip I would appreciate it. I used Sony Hybrids on my Golds.

I found my second pouch in the same area with the extra tips and the instructions.

Dec 11, 2012 at 4:39 AM Post #382 of 538
Thank you for all of your input. I've decided to keep it. Is there is an adapter which could make it univerally compatible?

Jan 4, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #383 of 538
Anyone know of some good replacement tips for these? Neither the foam nor the silicon tips that were provided will stay in my ears and I have resorted to shoving a sony hybrid onto the tip which actually sits fine in my ear I'm just scared it will rip at some point, also some of the tip covers the speaker.

Jan 4, 2013 at 10:49 PM Post #385 of 538
Tips from a JVC FXC 51 will work too, I had an old pair and use the medium tips. They are great. Not sure if you can get them but the JVCs are on ebay for $24. Not a great solution. The Mee CC51 replacement tips is the best route.

Feb 2, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #386 of 538
Thanks for the suggestion guys the middle size tip for the CC51 go in very deep and seal with a good tight feeling. Thanks a lot!

Update: these tips also sit for the drivers and after a while they didn't feel very comfortable... Still looking for some better ones.

Will this work? The TSX-500 http://www.complyfoam.com/products/tsx-500/

Feb 22, 2013 at 11:29 PM Post #387 of 538
Just bought some trumpets. Looking forward to comparing them to my atrios. 
Also, can anyone recommend any portable amps that have great synergy with the trumpets??

Mar 2, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #389 of 538
I must admit I don't use them daily because I have so many different IEM's and I like to rotate them, but so far so good here too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back