New Miles Davis Trumpet (not Tribute) earphones
May 19, 2012 at 4:42 AM Post #346 of 538
Oh well, as is always the way, I'm late to the party - got these as an impulse buy yesterday...

By the looks of it everyone has moved on, so - I'll just sit here quietly :)

Jun 3, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #348 of 538
So how do you like them? I am not sure I have fully broken mine in but everytime I wear them I find them simply spectacular! I am still s huge fan. Glad to see a couple of you have recently taken the plunge. Are you planning on amplfying them or simply drive directly from you iPod or mobile phone? I often run mine direct from my iPhone 4 and works real well.

Definitely let us know what you think once you've gotten your ears on them folks and congratulations!

Jun 3, 2012 at 1:04 PM Post #349 of 538
Congrats and yes, you should write a little review. They are superb IMHO.

Jun 4, 2012 at 11:24 AM Post #350 of 538
I got a pair of these about a month and a half ago and I really enjoy them.  I drive them straight from my iPhone and use them as my primary mobile set when I'm in the office or traveling.  I have used the Etys ER4P for years but decided to try something else and I'm glad I got these.  My concern is how tough they will be in the long run.  I've caught the cable on my Etys on tree limbs while mowing and they ripped right out of my ear, but have never had anything break on them.  I won't be using the Trumpet for activities like that.

Jun 9, 2012 at 5:21 AM Post #351 of 538
For me, whilst they sound great straight out of my Galaxy S3, I have just added the Fiio E7 (via DAC) to this combo, and the Fiio adds substantial weight to the sound, a great improvement :)

Downside being, this means I know I need to upgrade to the Fiio E17...

It never ends :frowning2:

Jun 9, 2012 at 5:39 AM Post #352 of 538
There is a world beyond Fiio btw.  
wink_face.gif

Jun 9, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #354 of 538
I know there's not a ton of discussion here but I just can't get over how great these look and I want to get them for that. Obviously, I wouldn't buy them if they sounded terrible but I've heard some very good things about them. I was going to ask my friends and family for Amazon gift cards for my birthday and I was going to stack them to make the price of these seem more reasonable and get them.

My question is whether or not they're different enough than the IEMs I currently own. I have the Brainwavs Beta, Brainwavz M4, Brainwavz B2 and the Ultimate Ears TripleFi. Do these compliment those well? These are the first things I've ever really looked at that I want to buy for style outright, but then I wouldn't be any better than the Beats crowd. Thoughts?

Jun 9, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #355 of 538
I'd say they perform at or close to the same level as the B2 and TF10.  Different enough?  Well the TF10 and B2 are different enough, they wouldn't sound like either plus they don't use BA's.

Jun 16, 2012 at 4:33 AM Post #359 of 538
...not to mention that they love being amped...

alright, its only a Fiio, but still the amp I use for my portable get-up makes them sing...  much more so than my Voyager (which craps out, which makes me think these are quite power hungry!)

Jul 26, 2012 at 4:03 AM Post #360 of 538
[size=10pt]First I would like to thank a the people that bought this little jewel from Monster and where willing to put their experience online.... I was looking for a new IEM but couldn’t find one that suited me.[/size][size=10pt][/size]

[size=10pt] [/size]
[size=10pt]I have used the MTG, Beats Tour and skull candy 50/50 but mostly my custom made Ultrasone Pro 900.. Because of the hot weather here in Holland the Ultrasone isn't comfortable any more.[/size][size=10pt][/size]
[size=10pt] [/size]
[size=10pt]Yesterday I received the MMDT and damn those things look expensive, small and [/size][size=10pt]fragile!  I directly told my girlfriend not to pull the ear buds trough the cable out of my ear with this one "when I’m not listening again" or I will have to kill you :) The second thing I did was inspecting the build of those little IEM's of heaven. I directly noticed that the Miles autograph and monster logo wasn’t on the earpieces itself like the picture below….. What ? Also I find it a shame that there wasn’t a hard case to put them in…. Like the Tribute version…[/size]
[size=10pt] [/size]

[size=10pt] [/size]

[size=10pt]Sounds quality after finding the 100% fitting tips was unbelievable, I haven’t heard this before… Must say that I didn’t use a lot different high end’s buds but as a DJ I’m now hearing things that I never heard before. [/size]
[size=10pt] [/size]

[size=10pt]So far I’m happy with my new friends and I will treat them like nothing else before.[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back