New Miles Davis Trumpet (not Tribute) earphones
Oct 23, 2011 at 3:03 AM Post #286 of 538
The CC51 uses a 6.0mm driver. The Tributes seem to use a 5mm since they say it's the smallest dynamic driver made and the Hisound Golden Crystal is also said to use the smallest driver which is 5mm. If there' an IEM that may use the same driver, that might be it, but the GC seems to have a different signature from what I've been told. A lot of micro drivers look similar in the nozzle. 

Oct 23, 2011 at 3:09 AM Post #287 of 538
rolleyes.gif

Here's more bad logic.

=  

images
  =  
images

Oct 23, 2011 at 4:52 PM Post #289 of 538

Would Anaxilus please point out exactly where in the sentence "the drivers design look like CC51" indicates that MDTT = CC51?

Please learn to read instead of imposing foul reasoning onto other people's posts.  

Quote:
Take off the ear tips and the drivers design look awfully like CC51, except the price is five times over cc51... 

Quote:
rolleyes.gif

Here's more bad logic.

=  

images
  =  
images

Quote:
That's like saying two cars that look similar share the same engine.

Oct 23, 2011 at 5:23 PM Post #290 of 538
You seemed to be implying that they used the same driver and Monster just jacked up the price. If you don't think the drivers are the same what's the point in remarking on the price difference?

Oct 24, 2011 at 10:38 PM Post #291 of 538

Quote:
You seemed to be implying that they used the same driver and Monster just jacked up the price. If you don't think the drivers are the same what's the point in remarking on the price difference?

Exactly.  It seems we read it the same.  The wording seems to be up for debate now it seems.

Nov 6, 2011 at 11:33 AM Post #292 of 538
Bought and returned them 2x...they really are nice IEMs especially if you can pick them up on sale (Best Buy had them for $250 on my 2nd attempt.

I'm bothered by the 1 year warranty and lack of being able to buy a store extended warranty on them.

I've owned many IEMs at or above the msrp and they've failed or shorted in a year or just outside (usually the glue loses bond or cables).

I picked up the AKC Q701s and haven't put much listening time into them but from what I have, they're amazing (albeit a different form factor entirely from the IEMs).

At the end of the day, they were not that comfortable and while sounding real nice for IEMs, I went with larger/less portable cans and will use some old Shures for on the road.

Nov 7, 2011 at 11:33 AM Post #299 of 538
The fit issue is inherent to all IEMs (and exasurbated if you're active while wearing them due to pulling/shifting), though I've not yet gone in on some customs yet.

From a sound quality standpoint, the Trumpets were fantastic for a small driver/speaker IEM.  If you can get them under the msrp and specifically want this form factor, they're a good option.

As wide and clear a soundstage as I've heard from comparable IEMs and I'd characterize the bass as detailed more so than over powerful and/or impactful.

All that said, if you're not married to the portability/form factor and/or this budget range, there are some other options to consider for primary/studio type use.

Nov 7, 2011 at 12:21 PM Post #300 of 538
True but the B&W are especially quirky as they have a very different loop and it, additionally, it limits how deep the tip can be inserted.  They sound great but the comfort would be a very personal thing and may not be everyone's cup of tea.

The Trumpets are very quirky in the looks department as well but have a very different feel in the ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back