New Miles Davis Trumpet (not Tribute) earphones
Sep 7, 2011 at 2:30 AM Post #166 of 538
Quote:

Looking forward to it. Too bad they didn't come when you had the FXT90s as that would've made for a good comparison. I wish Monster would've made us aware of the diaphragm used and it's size, their use of a micro driver isn't as innovative as some think, but perhaps the driver is. 

edit: from the very little that I've read about these, it seems they're the most balanced Monster to date. 

I'll know in a few days time. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 7, 2011 at 2:36 AM Post #167 of 538
Nice, these are becoming very interesting to me as well. The fact that I got a BestBuy friend is the main culprit but I also want an IEM with a mic since I may be getting an Iphone soon. 

Sep 7, 2011 at 2:37 AM Post #168 of 538

Quote:
Would you guys say these sound pretty much like the Tributes?

No, not at all.  About a 180 degree difference.

I personally love the design of these. Can you get a deeper fit than the Turbine/Miles Davis line? Seems like you would be able to.

Technically yes but I can get a pretty deep fit w/ the Tributes and I wear the Trumpets more shallow tbh.  I should try deep inserting them but that makes them less easy to wear which is a strength of theirs.

Sep 7, 2011 at 4:53 AM Post #170 of 538
It's officially my birthday today, and my older brother just asked me what I want... Shall I just link him to this thread? 
biggrin.gif

Sep 7, 2011 at 1:09 PM Post #171 of 538
Happy Birthday matey.

Sep 7, 2011 at 3:39 PM Post #172 of 538
I need to spend some time to take pics and use for more than running stuff through my iPad.

I still need to explore the tips to find the best one, and in an interestingly place in that I really do want a pair for studio use and torn between keeping these or splurging more for ear cups.

From what I've heard, these are right up there with the best IEM in this price range.

I don't have the Triple Fi10's found to do a direct comparison but while the UEs has boomier bass, the Trumpets have amazing tonal abilities in the lower frequencies.

Listening to the latest Radiohead as an example, there were nuances to the songs tha I had not head before.

Mids and highs are very "true" and separate well with spacial definition.

I was immediately taken aback by how thin the flat cables were, but they seem to be resilient and sturdy.

The ear buds/driver are extremely small and make me tempted to keep them for travel, if for no other reason (though many redeeming qualities outside of form factor).

The iPad/iPod in line control seems well built and makes a definitive click when they buttons are pressed....works as advertised.

I will try to spend more time with some other activities (movies, studio/guitar/vocal stuff) and get back if this is helpful.

Sep 7, 2011 at 9:24 PM Post #174 of 538

Quote:

Looking forward to it. Too bad they didn't come when you had the FXT90s as that would've made for a good comparison. I wish Monster would've made us aware of the diaphragm used and it's size, their use of a micro driver isn't as innovative as some think, but perhaps the driver is. 

edit: from the very little that I've read about these, it seems they're the most balanced Monster to date. 

Really? I think that the Coppers are more balanced than the trumpets. I have both and i can say hands down that the trumpets are better than the coppers... they have more detail, bass quantity(i'm not sure if they are more or as accurate as the coppers in terms of bass quality; but definitely close) and separation and soundstage. Its just with the quantity of bass that these have I cant consider them as balanced as the coppers.

Sep 7, 2011 at 11:08 PM Post #175 of 538
Anyone know where to get these in Canada?

Sep 7, 2011 at 11:23 PM Post #176 of 538
From a marketing perspective, if these are comparible with the sound quality of the Tributes, they should have called them the Dizzy G Tributes with a different color to the cord. The name Trumpet sounds ordinary and cheap.

Sep 8, 2011 at 1:39 AM Post #178 of 538
Yeah, Monster has a real problem w/ marketing.  I'm sure they'll take your advice to heart.  
rolleyes.gif

I have to say it is really astonishing the amount of sub bass micro drivers can pump out.  I mean What?!  I think I'm going to have to dust off my HJE900s to compare mids and treble.  Seem very similar but tonality is different.  Trumpets have a drier almost etched quality to them which is great for horns, cymbals, high hats, etc.  Pretty sure the 900's couldn't touch the bass on these.  I do think there might be a bit of a warm veil from the lower mids to the upper bass, clarity could be better there.  Take it with a grain of salt, I need to hear my other universals again.  Been awhile.  >.< 

FXT90 would be an interesting comparison there Inks...

Sep 8, 2011 at 3:58 AM Post #180 of 538
I'm really debating about a pair of these. I currently have a pair of normal Turbines, and like the performance of them, but don't love them.. I was almost about to pull the trigger on a pair of MTPC a few weeks ago, but saw these were about to hit the market. I have done a ton of research and have decided I treasure good bass, but i want something that has more clarity throughout the whole spectrum than these Turbines.

For what it's worth, i am using them on a Samsung Epic, which has the best Wolfson chip of the whole Galaxy S line (WM8994), loaded with Voodoo sound... I am going to upgrade to the GSII soon, but am keeping the Epic as my main music player as the GSII has an inferior audio processor, something Yanaha.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back