• Paris

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Cancun

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 2, 2018 at 9:42 AM Post #91 of 136
I can bring two folding chairs and an extra power strip. I also have two 3' by 6' folding tables that I can bring, so let me know if things change and they become needed.
That would be great. Please bring all that

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2018 at 12:45 PM Post #92 of 136
Hey @CoFire, What are you gonna bring to the meet?

Grace m9XX
Emotiva A100 amp (maybe?)
THX00 Mahogany (pad mod)
THX00 Purpleheart (pad mod)
Audeze EL8C Titanium
Hifiman 400i
Hifiman 4XX
Sennheiser HD6XX
RBH HP-2 (Be film drivers)

I have other stuff in my signature which I can bring if requested, but this may be it. If this meet were in the summer, I would have some new toys.

Mar 2, 2018 at 4:10 PM Post #94 of 136
Power strips and the cables to power them will be welcome and needed. I cannot say how many will be needed but all that I have will be in service. I do have a few extension cords, two of which have 3 receptacles. Power strips are better to avoid tripping hazards.
When the event gets closer I will post notations about parking and access to load and unload gear. There are no stairs to worry about. I have a cart available for heavy and /or bulky gear. There will be several parking spots made available for anyone with limited mobility. The driveway is paved and pretty flat so it is easy to move things around.

Mar 14, 2018 at 12:28 PM Post #95 of 136
OK guys, when we come on Saturday can you all talk about how it's totally reasonable to spend $300-$500 on headphones and subliminally convince my husband? He doesn't seem to share my enthusiasm for spending money on aural enjoyment and I'm ready for an upgrade. :smile:

Mar 14, 2018 at 1:05 PM Post #98 of 136
I have a pair of Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 Ohm headphones that I am tentatively looking to sell. I don't really want to spend the time right now to photograph, list, and ship them, so I haven't posted them on eBay. But, if anyone local is interested, I'll bring them Saturday and cut you a good deal. They are hardly used, maybe 30 hours of listening, but I don't have the box. They work perfectly, they just don't have a place in my collection anymore and have gotten zero head-time in the past year. PM me if you're interested.

Mar 14, 2018 at 1:21 PM Post #99 of 136
Actually some of us will tell him how it is totally reasonable to spend $3,000-$5,000 on headphones and he'll think that spending $300-$500 is a bargain :L3000:
Only an idiot would spend that much on headphones!

Please don't look at my signature or profile page.

Mar 14, 2018 at 1:23 PM Post #100 of 136
OK guys, when we come on Saturday can you all talk about how it's totally reasonable to spend $300-$500 on headphones and subliminally convince my husband? He doesn't seem to share my enthusiasm for spending money on aural enjoyment and I'm ready for an upgrade. :smile:
Does he spend money on a hobby? Cars, guns, outdoor gear, bicycles, photography? Hopefully he has something equally as dumb as headphones you can compare to :)

Mar 14, 2018 at 7:03 PM Post #102 of 136
It's good to see a little fever building. I was beginning to wonder. I hope this will be fun for all.
If anyone can bring a few folding chairs it would be good. I have some spaces that can be used for setups that would just need seating to work. It looks like Allan and I have worked out a 10AM start for setting up. Hopefully most people with gear will come early so as to avoid disruptions once we get the ball rolling. I realize this is not always possible but we can try.
As always, I recommend bringing some of your music to be played on different gear. I will certainly try to accomodate your music on USB sticks in my systems if you are curious. I think most people will have available ports if they choose to make them available.
Please remember that this is a residence. Food is available right down the street but if you wish to remain on site bringing a snack might be a good idea. I got pretty hungry by mid-afternoon at the meeting we had downtown.
I can have some beverages available but would appreciate suggestions. If I remember correctly, some folks ordered pizza delivery last time. Any other logistical reminders or suggestions would be appreciated.
Tony

Mar 14, 2018 at 7:19 PM Post #103 of 136
Thanks @driguy

I will likely get there closer to 10:30-ish. I don't recommend getting there much earlier, but if driguy is OK with that, it's certainly OK. I will be brining a few tables and three folding chairs.

The "official" start time is 11. That includes set up time. If you are coming just to listen, I recommend arriving 11:30ish.

Mar 14, 2018 at 11:21 PM Post #104 of 136
general question about listening: I stream Spotify. If I make my playlists available off-line can I just bring my laptop and plug other people's headphones into or do I need a different way to bring my own music to play it on other people's equipment?
Also we'll probably get there around 12:30.
Looking forward to it!

Mar 15, 2018 at 12:42 AM Post #105 of 136
general question about listening: I stream Spotify. If I make my playlists available off-line can I just bring my laptop and plug other people's headphones into or do I need a different way to bring my own music to play it on other people's equipment?
Also we'll probably get there around 12:30.
Looking forward to it!
That will work well. See you sat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back