New Member Setup Showcase
Sep 7, 2022 at 8:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

webs2020

New Head-Fier
As my first post I've decided to give a list of my headphone/dac/amp setups and my headphone wishlist.

Headphones:
Audeze LCD-X (2021)
Meze Empyrean
Beyerdynamic DT1990
Stax SR-Lambda Pro
Sennheiser HD650

DACs:
HiFiman EF400 (gaming setup)
Geshelli Labs J2 (AK4493 chip)
Danafrips Pontus II

Amps:
Topping A90D
Schiit Jotunheim 2
Stax SRM400

Wishlist:
Focal Clear
Dan Clark Ether
Abyss Diana V2
Grado PS2000e

So far the Geshelli J2 (with the AK4483 chip) and Topping A90D have been the most impressive DAC/Amp setup I have ever used considering the price. I'm sure the other chips for the Geshelli are fantastic, but I went with the AK out of curiousity. For those just getting into audio, I don't think there's a better DAC/Amp pairing for under $1000. As for headphones, I absolutely adore my LCD-X's for casual listening. I'd love to get more into vintage headphones and am always looking for recommendations!

Sep 7, 2022 at 9:02 PM Post #2 of 4
Why does the hifan ef400 particularly make a good gaming rig?

Sep 7, 2022 at 9:10 PM Post #3 of 4
Why does the hifan ef400 particularly make a good gaming rig?
It doesn't really, it's just what fit best on my desk with my computer monitor lol. It's All-in-one DAC/Amp so it reduces clutter on my desk and provides adequate support for my HD650s. I'd probably upgrade if my desk were larger, but also it does everything I need it to do.

Oct 13, 2022 at 10:00 PM Post #4 of 4
As my first post I've decided to give a list of my headphone/dac/amp setups and my headphone wishlist.

Headphones:
Audeze LCD-X (2021)
Meze Empyrean
Beyerdynamic DT1990
Stax SR-Lambda Pro
Sennheiser HD650

DACs:
HiFiman EF400 (gaming setup)
Geshelli Labs J2 (AK4493 chip)
Danafrips Pontus II

Amps:
Topping A90D
Schiit Jotunheim 2
Stax SRM400

Wishlist:
Focal Clear
Dan Clark Ether
Abyss Diana V2
Grado PS2000e

So far the Geshelli J2 (with the AK4483 chip) and Topping A90D have been the most impressive DAC/Amp setup I have ever used considering the price. I'm sure the other chips for the Geshelli are fantastic, but I went with the AK out of curiousity. For those just getting into audio, I don't think there's a better DAC/Amp pairing for under $1000. As for headphones, I absolutely adore my LCD-X's for casual listening. I'd love to get more into vintage headphones and am always looking for recommendations!

I'd be interested in knowing what your thoughts were on your Jotunheim 2 and Geshelli J2 (AKM) pairing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back