new member of team HD600
Apr 12, 2004 at 11:54 PM Post #16 of 43
Congrats! Though I just moved over to team HD650, the 600s were my favorites for quite a while, even for a month and a half after I got the 650s. I still think the 600s look better
biggrin.gif

Apr 13, 2004 at 12:16 AM Post #17 of 43
Sleepkyng
Quote:

oh god! Classical guitar never sounded so good!

Ah, that magical moment when everything sounds new again.
biggrin.gif

Glad to hear you got your new Senns, and even gladder to hear that they work for you. That's the great part.

Congrats.

BW

Apr 13, 2004 at 12:24 AM Post #18 of 43
At this time of writing I'm waiting for both my Senn HD600s to arrive from Head-Fier Marc (mjg) AND a custom length Zu Mobius cable straight from the Zu people...

Yeah, I'm after big game with the Senns...

thanks Marc
600smile.gif

Needless to say I'm positively, absolutely poor at the moment... but sonically rich I assume
600smile.gif

I can't imagine what it will sound like, hope to document it on this thread very soon as well...

Apr 13, 2004 at 12:30 AM Post #19 of 43
Quote:

Originally posted by Beto
I can't imagine what it will sound like, hope to document it on this thread very soon as well...

Congrats to you too Beto. We'll be looking forward to hearing what you think about the new cans and cable.

Apr 13, 2004 at 1:15 AM Post #21 of 43
I used my first pair of sennheisers, the HD600 with stock cable, out of an old airhead amp (now to be had for $50 used) and a portable. I found them sonically superior to anything else out there. They kick some butt. Have fun with 'em.

Cheers,
Geek

Apr 13, 2004 at 2:28 AM Post #22 of 43
I owned quite a bit of gear before and sold all of them .
Now i am putting up a system again and i just got a pair of senns hd600- but the problem is i dont have my MPX3 yet.

I was so curious of the sound that i plugged it in the headphone out of a hometheater receiver (harman kardon avr 8000) and it sounded not too good . i hope the MPX3 puts some life into the senns hd600.

Apr 13, 2004 at 2:45 AM Post #23 of 43
I think the best value would be the hd580's ;p not the hd600's, cuz u can get hd580's for 150bucks...and for that cheap a price you're rearing up on headphone audio bliss. at least for that cheap a price.

Apr 13, 2004 at 3:02 AM Post #24 of 43
I thought about the hd580 vs hd600 and ended up with hd600. In my opinion, if you have to think about whether to get a higher end model, then get it... because you will eventually do it anyway.
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

It also helped that I got my hd600+cardas for $330 total
biggrin.gif

Apr 13, 2004 at 3:17 AM Post #25 of 43
I have the A900's right now. I want one quality closed headphne and one quality open headphone for my set. But if they both sound similar, than i won't go for it. Anyone know if the HD-600's and the A900's sound alike? Or the 580/650's for that matter? I just want to complete my set of an open/closed set of headphones that will last me for ages.

Apr 13, 2004 at 4:06 AM Post #26 of 43
Quote:

Originally posted by mega
I just want to complete my set of an open/closed set of headphones that will last me for ages.

FAMOUS LAST WORDS!!!

yeah man, that's what i wanted when i started out, now i have a new DAC, a new headphone amp, a new cdp and two new pairs of cans, not to mention having owned four other pairs!

Apr 13, 2004 at 4:16 AM Post #27 of 43
Glad my 600's have a good home. They were my first "audiophile" headphone. You will be amazed how well they scale with your amp and sources as you upgrade. (and upgrade, you will.
evil_smiley.gif
)

They are very forgiving headphones that can even make a portable sound good. When you reach a certain level, they really come to life. Sort of like waking the sleeping dragon. Mostly in the high and low frequency ranges.

And I have a move coming up next month, so I'll keep an eye out for the box. I know it's in storage somewhere.....
wink.gif

-Ed

Apr 13, 2004 at 4:39 AM Post #28 of 43
Quote:

Originally posted by sleepkyng
FAMOUS LAST WORDS!!!

yeah man, that's what i wanted when i started out, now i have a new DAC, a new headphone amp, a new cdp and two new pairs of cans, not to mention having owned four other pairs!

Hahahhaha....i know what your saying. But im a audiophile newbie who just wants some good quality sound for music. I just started into this fourm, and you guys have made me spend about $500 so far
tongue.gif
The rumors were true. And now i want the Hd-600's too. BUT i will say this, the hd-600's will be my last pair of expensive headphones for a loooooooooooooooooong time..if i get them at a good price. I know for sure because the next step up would be in the lines of a 650 or a rs-1, and thats way over the top for me price wise..i would NEVER spend that much money on headphones. The most i would spend on anything audio related is 200-250. Thats it. And so far, thats what ive spent on each of the things ive bought. I will still be in the fourms after i get me some hd-600's...and i wont buy another set of headphones. I promise.
wink.gif

Apr 13, 2004 at 5:12 AM Post #29 of 43
Congrats, sleepkyng. The HD600s are great phones. I use mine, with the Oehlbach cable, mostly for industrial and they are amazing. Hope you enjoy them for a long time to come
600smile.gif

Apr 13, 2004 at 5:32 AM Post #30 of 43
everything sounds ridiculously amazing

i nearly shat myself (can i say "shat"?)

Four Tet's "rounds" is amazing on these cans. Just the right amount of everything.

god, now i'm thinking, hey maybe a new cable for these guys??
rolleyes.gif

kidding, i really like the oehlbach,

it's simple, plain, black, resourceful and effective... in short, exactly what you'd expect when you hear the word "oehlbach"

Mega- look man, i'm in the same boat! i sympathize, you're in the denial stage, it's 12 steps man... 12 long steps with each step having the right amount of sonic decay and correct soundstaging...
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back