New member - console setup advice needed
Oct 5, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #31 of 36
I'd remove the K701 and K702 completely, the K712 Pro is the best in AKG's K7-- lineup of cans hands down. It's the culmination of all the K7-- headphones before it. It's the most comfortable and the best sounding.

That leaves the K712 Pro, DT 990 and HD 598. These 3 are amazing for gaming but there are some big differences between them.

The HD 598 is the most neutral sounding so it's enjoyable for music and it has an extremely wide soundstage with pinpoint imaging so it's great for gaming, it also has a removable cable and it's easy to drive.

The DT 990 is V-shaped meaning it has bass and treble emphasised over the mids making it a very fun headphone, it has a very wide soundstage and great imaging so again it's great for gaming, however you may find the treble to be too sharp and fatiguing and piercing to your ears which is the most common criticism of the DT 990. The cable is not-removable made worse by the fact that it's 3m long and these definitely need an amp.

The K712 Pro is the best all-rounder out of the 3. It has immense soundstage and imaging as AKGs are known for, it has a very nice bass response, clear mids and wonderfully detailed treble. Very good for relaxing and listening to music of any type, great for watching movies and godlike for gaming. It has a removable cable and whilst it requires an amp to get the best out of them it would be fine simply plugging them into the back of a computer that has a very good soundcard built in.

Out of these I recommend the K712 Pro.

Jan 8, 2018 at 2:09 AM Post #32 of 36
Definitely. I'm using a K712 Pro with a Mayflower ARC with no VSS or any of that stuff, just a simple stereo signal and the AKGs are godlike for gaming. I know EXACTLY where things are on the map based on just sound alone in games like BF1 and BO3 and sometimes get accused of wallhacking because I can hear exactly where people are around corners and their distance to me.

I just purchased a Mayflower Arc. What else would I need in order to connect my Sennheiser Game One headset to work properly with my Xbox One X? And how would I go about connecting it all together? Thanks.

Jan 8, 2018 at 2:31 PM Post #33 of 36
Jan 9, 2018 at 3:03 PM Post #34 of 36
I just purchased a Mayflower Arc. What else would I need in order to connect my Sennheiser Game One headset to work properly with my Xbox One X? And how would I go about connecting it all together? Thanks.

I dont have the mayflower arc but it looks like you can just connect it via optical cable and connect your headset straight into the mayflower arc.

Jan 9, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #35 of 36
Thank you. I read the owners manuel that can be downloaded. It looks like I would have to hook up the Arc to my Xbox via optical cable. Connect my headset on the front of the Arc. If I want the mic to work, then connect a 3.5mm male to male from the (mic out) on the back, to the Xbox controller. Then mic should work. Seems pretty simple to me. For some reason I thought I would have to get a bunch of cables to connect it.

The Arc arrives tomorrow. Very excited to see how much better the sound quality will be. I'll let you peeps know how it is. I'm new to all of this. If I had done more research I would've picked a different headset a while back. The Game One's are ok. They sound good when gaming but music on that headset sucks. I'll just have to save some money and look for something else when it comes to music.

Jan 9, 2018 at 4:58 PM Post #36 of 36
Yes.

Xbox One to the Arc will be Xbox One Optical Out to Arc Optical In.

Headphone to the Arc will be 3.5mm Headphone jack to Headphone Out on the Arc.

Mic to the Arc will be 3.5mm Mic jack to the Mic In on the Arc then use the Mic pass through on the back to connect to your Xbox One controller with a 3.5mm male to male.

You'll like how it sounds, it's based off the O2+ODAC so it has a very clean and neutral response. Upgrading from the Game One to a better headphone will give you much better audio quality though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back