New Member, advice request, dap help
Dec 9, 2023 at 12:28 AM Post #16 of 18
Respect the disconnect! How much power do you require, and how recent of Android version do you desire? Unfortunate you can't get a Hiby. The Hiby R5 V2 would be perfect for a budget player. The Tempotec V6 could be a good fit with good sound quality. If you don't mind spending your full wad, I'd also recommend the Shanling M6 Ultra. If you don't mind and can source used, FiiO M15 is good to. Are you streaming or listening to files?

Dec 9, 2023 at 5:35 AM Post #17 of 18
Welcome, @over50 (great username, by the way).

I own an iBasso DX170 and my father has the DX320 which I borrow frequently. Both have more than enough power to drive your headphones. I would say go with the DX240, while this is the only one I haven't had hands on time with, it's within your budget and from all opinions offers a smooth and quick Android experience, the one area where my DX170 falls short.

Dec 9, 2023 at 10:56 AM Post #18 of 18
Those ibasso daps with interchangeable amp modules look an interesting concept - dx200/220/240/300/320 series - and look to have plenty of power. The standard AMP1 mk3 module on that dx240 has a 2.5mm balanced output that has a power output of 878mW@32ohm and the 3.5mm jack about 280mW@32ohm. Looks plenty.

I'm sure an ibasso user can weigh in or a search on this forum for owners of these DAPs for real-world feedback before investing in one of these.
Thank you
Respect the disconnect! How much power do you require, and how recent of Android version do you desire? Unfortunate you can't get a Hiby. The Hiby R5 V2 would be perfect for a budget player. The Tempotec V6 could be a good fit with good sound quality. If you don't mind spending your full wad, I'd also recommend the Shanling M6 Ultra. If you don't mind and can source used, FiiO M15 is good to. Are you streaming or listening to files?
thank you for the reply. I used beyerdynamics dt990 edition. The home listening ones. 32 ohm. My go to for quality for my old ears. The M6 ultra was looking good. Don’t stream, but for the money an occasional youtube video would be nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back