New McIntosh MHA200 Headphone amp
Feb 25, 2022 at 5:01 PM Post #586 of 632
I'd honestly never buy a piece of audio equipment without seeing a photo of the inside first, but I guess that's outside of the norm.
Same here. Especially when spending many thousands of dollars.

Feb 25, 2022 at 5:37 PM Post #587 of 632
Can you verify if there's a hum on the unit( even when off) when I put the headphone plug on the chassis. The iem are ie900 it that helps. Thanks.
Try something that's harder to drive before RMAing, might be that the IEM is too sensitive

Feb 26, 2022 at 3:04 AM Post #588 of 632
I am not a fan of Mctinosh's approach to hiding internals in general. I really appreciate pass and arc showing everything and being proud of what they made and having nothing to hide.

Feb 26, 2022 at 7:56 AM Post #589 of 632
Feb 26, 2022 at 11:58 AM Post #590 of 632
I am not a fan of Mctinosh's approach to hiding internals in general. I really appreciate pass and arc showing everything and being proud of what they made and having nothing to hide.
I think we know why they take the approach they do now. Can’t unsee that picture. Thankfully he didn’t post more or higher resolution.
On a more positive note I have been using my C8 MHA200 combination to assist breaking in a set of Sony IER-Z1R. Putting the McIntosh gear up against a Woo WA6 being fed by a Mojo 2/Poly combination. Rolling in some 1943 National Union drivers is giving the Woo a razor thin edge. Not easy to improve on the MHA. The Z1R aren’t giving the bottom end they are known for on either setup :frowning2:

Thanks for the post Newsee.

Feb 26, 2022 at 12:07 PM Post #591 of 632
I think we know why they take the approach they do now. Can’t unsee that picture. Thankfully he didn’t post more or higher resolution.
On a more positive note I have been using my C8 MHA200 combination to assist breaking in a set of Sony IER-Z1R. Putting the McIntosh gear up against a Woo WA6 being fed by a Mojo 2/Poly combination. Rolling in some 1943 National Union drivers is giving the Woo a razor thin edge. Not easy to improve on the MHA. The Z1R aren’t giving the bottom end they are known for on either setup :frowning2:

How's the noise floor with the mojo 2 and Z1R?

Feb 26, 2022 at 12:17 PM Post #592 of 632
How's the noise floor with the mojo 2 and Z1R?
Excellent. Deep dark silence. Harder to drive than most IEMs I own (40 ohms) so the Mojo 2 higher gain function is useful depending on the recording. Ditto on the MHA200. I assume that contributes to the low floor. Straying here…

Feb 26, 2022 at 2:05 PM Post #594 of 632

Isn't was6 less than half the price of mha200?

Feb 26, 2022 at 7:00 PM Post #595 of 632
Isn't was6 less than half the price of mha200?
A base Woo, yes, but then there are adaptors and tubes. Lots and lots of tubes to find the sweet spots. Love my Woos but the McIntosh MHA200 does things directly at a fair price. Two different appproaches and levels of engagement to achieve musical magic. Each thins the finances out to a similar degree. In general the Woo WA22 is the better comparative so MHA would be cheaper… I have both a 6 and 22 but the MHA scores with more on time.

Mar 23, 2022 at 6:14 AM Post #597 of 632
Apr 16, 2022 at 12:12 PM Post #599 of 632
Tomorrow April 17th, at 8 am PST our TSAV McIntosh MB20 Giveaway goes live!

Here is the link to our YouTube channel where we will announce it:

https://youtu.be/oDCL1ydjvZQ

We want to thank all of you who have been following or subscribing to our YouTube, Email Newsletter, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter by giving back to the community!
This month we will be giving away to 1 lucky winner in the USA a McIntosh MB20 Bluetooth Transceiver valued at $500. I will link to the contest in the video description, where you can sign up for the contest giveaway, read the full contest rules, and info on the McIntosh MB20, and of course, there is no purchase necessary to enter.

Make sure you follow all our social channels and sign up for our newsletter so you know when we will announce the winner, as well as so you can be aware of future contests and giveaways on this channel and our other social pages!

There are multiple ways to increase the number of entries you earn which only take a couple of minutes, so don’t wait; check out the link in the video description below. We look forward to giving away the McIntosh MB20 to one lucky winner.

A sincere thanks from all of us from The Source AV; we are grateful to all of you who have supported this channel since day one and to those new to the channel. We appreciate every one of you! Good luck, and see you in the next video!

Attachments

• TSAV McIntosh MB20 Giveaway!!!.jpg
    TSAV McIntosh MB20 Giveaway!!!.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
The Source AV TSAVJason Stay updated on The Source AV at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com./pages/The-Source-AV-Design-Group/153623164648713 http://www.twitter.com/TheSourceAV http://www.instagram.com/Thesourceavdesign http://thesourceav.com/ Products@TheSourceAV.com
Jun 16, 2022 at 7:52 AM Post #600 of 632
I am using iPad Pro next to the MHA200 for streaming music and noticed the scratching sound. Not a big deal for me so I didn't mention it until I saw this post.

1625000498305.jpeg
Hello,
I see you have an Abyss Diana V2 paired with the MHA200. Is it possible to tell me how it behaves with the MHA200. I do indeed want to buy myself the Abyss Diana V2 and I wonder about this association. Can you give me feedback on your own experience? Music I listen to Rock & pop from time to time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back