New, looking for advice!
Aug 15, 2010 at 3:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

sunwolf

Head-Fier
Hello,

I am a collector of music for some years with ambient music as a major interest. I need some quality earphones or headphones so I can listen through my quieter CDs when not at home. I've read reviews here for a few hours and they're very helpful but it's a big and complex decision.

The only ones I've used before were Shure SE210 earphones which were uncomfortable and didn't fit properly with any of the pieces (silicon, foam, etc). They would inevitably come loose if I was mobile. Now I am skeptical of whether I should try any other brand or my ear canals are just not meant for these things (leaning towards the latter).

I am considering headphones instead but have concerns for them too. Closed ones will be required since I am often in a noisy environment. I'd also like something I can wear for working out and running (if that's possible with headphones). Durability is a major concern since I am never sitting still and accidents happen.

Thanks for sharing your insights.

Aug 15, 2010 at 2:45 PM Post #4 of 5
What about klipsch custom 3 , sounds great and have deep nozzles and memory wire around the top of the cords so they are held on your ears , they will not fall off or out .

Aug 15, 2010 at 2:55 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
mark2410 said:

did you have the 210's shoved in deep?  if they are in right there is no way they should be coming out by themselves

They constantly came loose despite being shoved in deep, how long depending on the level of mobility. Running they'd only last a minute or two. Maybe my ears are abnormally open or something. I did like the sound, but I couldn't stand having to continually be adjusting them.

Quote:
Ultrazino said:

Budget?
You should consider the Sennheiser HD 25-1 II. It's very durable and won't fall off when you're jogging.

Thanks. I'm considering several of the Sennheisers, hopefully I can somewhere to try them on. :)

I don't need to overkill since I'll use it main directly in my portable player (currently an ipod) and my computer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back