New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced (Update User Impressions Added July 20th 2012)
Dec 3, 2012 at 11:29 PM Post #1,066 of 2,354
Quote:
well at least the ipod classics are still the 30 pin

Yeah for now. The Classic is on borrowed time. Once the Touch gets more storage, which eventually it will, the Classic will be retired which kind of sucks, I know it's considered old and dated by many consumers but as a MP3 player its such a nice player with so much capability if only someone up top would look into upgrading a few things. Lose the HDD and throw into it a SSD that's bigger or comparable in storage and look into adding a nice quality DAC and amp section and the Classic would be the player to rule all players.

Dec 3, 2012 at 11:44 PM Post #1,067 of 2,354
Quote:
Yeah for now. The Classic is on borrowed time. Once the Touch gets more storage, which eventually it will, the Classic will be retired which kind of sucks, I know it's considered old and dated by many consumers but as a MP3 player its such a nice player with so much capability if only someone up top would look into upgrading a few things. Lose the HDD and throw into it a SSD that's bigger or comparable in storage and look into adding a nice quality DAC and amp section and the Classic would be the player to rule all players.

yea that's the worst, there aren't any LOD's for the 9-pin yet right? Someone needs to get working on that!

Dec 4, 2012 at 12:01 AM Post #1,068 of 2,354
Quote:
yea that's the worst, there aren't any LOD's for the 9-pin yet right? Someone needs to get working on that!

The Lightning dock only outputs digital signal (not analogue). For it to work like the old 30 pin connector whereby you can hook the lightning dock directly to a 3.5mm input on your portable amp, a DAC along the signal path is needed. Apple has produced such a connector but I doubt its internal DAC is anywhere near good. Not sure if other companies would be interested in producing such an adapter with high quality DAC chip since it is both extremely difficult to make given the space constraint as well as it would be extremely difficult to use since it adds a bulk to the bottom of the iDevices.

There are also a lightning dock to micro usb adapter.

No forgetting, the stock lightning cable works for devices such as CLAS/HP-P1.

Dec 4, 2012 at 3:07 AM Post #1,069 of 2,354
The Lightning dock only outputs digital signal (not analogue). For it to work like the old 30 pin connector whereby you can hook the lightning dock directly to a 3.5mm input on your portable amp, a DAC along the signal path is needed. Apple has produced such a connector but I doubt its internal DAC is anywhere near good. Not sure if other companies would be interested in producing such an adapter with high quality DAC chip since it is both extremely difficult to make given the space constraint as well as it would be extremely difficult to use since it adds a bulk to the bottom of the iDevices.

There are also a lightning dock to micro usb adapter.

No forgetting, the stock lightning cable works for devices such as CLAS/HP-P1.

Thanks for info, that's still a hassle to have one more adapter in the line up. This saddens me but as of now I can still get the classic so I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it

Dec 5, 2012 at 9:12 AM Post #1,073 of 2,354
Finally received my LME49710 opamps.

First impression is that its soundstage is big! The sound is well-balanced and extended. It is also very detailed and transparent sounding without being clinical and dull at all. Will need to spend more time with it. There is also a pair of LM6171 sitting there waiting for me to try them out.

Dec 5, 2012 at 9:48 AM Post #1,074 of 2,354
Quote:
Yes, with the 'charge' switch off the amp uses its own battery.

Another thing: just noticed there is already a cable for a 'Lightning to USB Camera' connection. Did anyone try to connect the Leckerton to a new iPad (4 or Mini) with that connector? The iPhone does not recognize the cable (as with the old CCK) and my Mini has not arrived yet...

I have the Ipad Mini and the Lightning CCK works with the leckerton.  I been using it recently. 

Dec 5, 2012 at 2:11 PM Post #1,077 of 2,354
Quote:
Well my motion has been seconded by the guy from Atlanta with awesome taste in music. Do I hear a second or third?

Third here. 
gs1000.gif

Dec 5, 2012 at 3:03 PM Post #1,078 of 2,354
Quote:
Finally received my LME49710 opamps.

First impression is that its soundstage is big! The sound is well-balanced and extended. It is also very detailed and transparent sounding without being clinical and dull at all. Will need to spend more time with it. There is also a pair of LM6171 sitting there waiting for me to try them out.

Mind throwing up a link showing where we can order those 2 sets of op amps. I wouldn't mind playing around with those.

Dec 5, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #1,080 of 2,354
I just bought mine today.

If everything goes right, it will be waiting for me when I arrive in New York, less than a month form now.
I chose to keep it simple, default opamp and silver color. I just hope I wont be desapointed with it, but I belive I wont.

Thanks everybody for the help.

Last but not least, Nick have been great to deal with, I belive other people said it already, but it's always nice to say it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back