New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced (Update User Impressions Added July 20th 2012)
Dec 6, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #1,097 of 2,354
Quote:
The Leckerton feels pretty sturdy, so you don't really one unless you are picky
smily_headphones1.gif

Good to know, I'm going to use them basicaly on the go.
Right now I pulled the trigger for a pair of Mad Dogs too. If everything goes nice, they will both be waiting for me in NY when I arrive there 2 January

I still don't have the courage to start opamp rolling. Other people said that I should upgrade the opamps from my xonar stx, but I don't even know where to purchase (at least with leckerton I know I can purchase directly with them, but that's not the case with asus).

Dec 6, 2012 at 10:27 PM Post #1,100 of 2,354
The amp is tough and sturdy, but it will still be vulnerable to nicks. If you're concerned about resale value, or just don't want to ding up a nice bit of equipment, a case is a good idea.

The amp is about the size of a compact camera. In fact I have a neoprene camera sleeve that I use for my amp when it's not in the case with the other portable equipment.

Dec 6, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #1,101 of 2,354
Quote:

Whichever that works at a cheaper price lol.

Order has been placed. Thanks for the tip on the new op amp uelover

Dec 7, 2012 at 12:01 AM Post #1,104 of 2,354
Thanks for the quick responses: )

I'm asking about a protective case because I'm planning to take this amp on the road while traveling.

I tend to drop my phones a lot. So I use the otterbox defender series on them. I wish there's something similar for the amp because the weight of my s3+case and the amp can be pretty heavy. I wouldn't want to break anything on or in the amp by dropping the combo on hard surface.

Dec 7, 2012 at 12:58 AM Post #1,105 of 2,354
Quote:
One of those is a ma the other is a na.  The ma is a soic connection whereas the na is a dip.  I believe you will need a soic to dip adapter, Leckerton carries them.  Please correct me if I am wrong.
Quote:
Well I ordered the soic so it sounds like I dodged a bullet

Ehh you will need the adapter if you ordered the SOIC version. Sorry my bad. Was viewing the links on my iPhone so I didn't took notice of it.

So, the LME49710NA will work right from the box while the LME49710MA will require some works to be done.

Dec 7, 2012 at 1:43 AM Post #1,106 of 2,354
Finally received my LME49710 opamps.

First impression is that its soundstage is big! The sound is well-balanced and extended. It is also very detailed and transparent sounding without being clinical and dull at all. Will need to spend more time with it. There is also a pair of LM6171 sitting there waiting for me to try them out.

I would like to hear impressions of this opamp compared to the 8610 if possible...

Dec 7, 2012 at 5:35 AM Post #1,109 of 2,354
Quote:
Are there any other posts about the silver leopard?

I found these: http://www.head-fi.org/newsearch/?search=Silver+Leopard&type=all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back