New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced (Update User Impressions Added July 20th 2012)
Dec 11, 2012 at 10:16 AM Post #1,131 of 2,354
It should work. Did you go to the playstation 3 settings( in the audio options ) and change the output to optical from hdmi?

Dec 11, 2012 at 10:46 AM Post #1,133 of 2,354
Quote:
Just couldn't stand up to the 8610s, eh?  The APs on the other hand...

No it's just all in preference. 627AP is indeed more musical and in that can be more enjoyable overall. It just depends on your needs. I'm actually selling my amp as well so everything must go :p.

Dec 11, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #1,135 of 2,354
I received my Leckerton today and what a beautiful piece of art it is and an upgrade from my iPhone 4S headphone out. I only have the fiio lod until my eace arrives but what a change. Just a quick question does anyone here experience any channel imbalance at lower volumes? I turned the amp all the way down while on low gain and then very slowly turned it up and I am able to hear the right noticeably louder than left and as I very slowly keep increasing the volume the left becomes louder than the right and so on until it evens out. These are at lower volumes mind you.

Dec 11, 2012 at 11:15 PM Post #1,136 of 2,354
IIRC it has to be at a certain level before the channels balance out on mine also.

Dec 12, 2012 at 12:33 AM Post #1,137 of 2,354
Quote:
I received my Leckerton today and what a beautiful piece of art it is and an upgrade from my iPhone 4S headphone out. I only have the fiio lod until my eace arrives but what a change. Just a quick question does anyone here experience any channel imbalance at lower volumes? I turned the amp all the way down while on low gain and then very slowly turned it up and I am able to hear the right noticeably louder than left and as I very slowly keep increasing the volume the left becomes louder than the right and so on until it evens out. These are at lower volumes mind you.

It's not a digital pot so this is quite common among most amps with these types of pots. The Triad is an exception however and is extremely good with its volume pot for low volume listening without channel imbalance (with sensitive IEMs).

Dec 12, 2012 at 12:30 PM Post #1,139 of 2,354
...so in a fit of upgradeitis, I sold off my Headstage, and am looking for new amp experiences...this one comes up a lot, but I am a little concerned about the optical, coax, etc lines in...seems like a lot of extra stuff I won't be using. Is anyone using these, and if so, with what?

I probably won't end up using them, but I am curious...

Dec 12, 2012 at 12:51 PM Post #1,140 of 2,354
Quote:
...so in a fit of upgradeitis, I sold off my Headstage, and am looking for new amp experiences...this one comes up a lot, but I am a little concerned about the optical, coax, etc lines in...seems like a lot of extra stuff I won't be using. Is anyone using these, and if so, with what?

I probably won't end up using them, but I am curious...

I use the optical out from my laptop into the Leckerton. Works great for a transportable setup, much better than headphone jack on my laptop. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back