New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced (Update User Impressions Added July 20th 2012)
Nov 17, 2012 at 10:50 PM Post #826 of 2,354
Quote:
Hmm not so sure haven't heard the predator. I've heard the Hornet and the UHA6 MKII crushed it like a bug.

Poor thing
frown.gif

Nov 17, 2012 at 11:58 PM Post #827 of 2,354
Quote:

Poor thing
frown.gif

I don't think you'd consider it a poor hornet when they come out of your cloth line and sting the heck out of you just for hanging your own clothes lol :wink:. I remember that happening and I got good old revenge. WD40 can with a lighter (flame-thrower from hell :wink:.

Nov 18, 2012 at 1:37 AM Post #828 of 2,354
Quote:
I don't think you'd consider it a poor hornet when they come out of your cloth line and sting the heck out of you just for hanging your own clothes lol :wink:. I remember that happening and I got good old revenge. WD40 can with a lighter (flame-thrower from hell :wink:.

Hahah that is another story. Not safe to play with fire =)

Nov 18, 2012 at 1:40 AM Post #829 of 2,354
Quote:

Hahah that is another story. Not safe to play with fire =)

It wasn't the fire that necessarily killed (or more so burned) them though lol. Since they were trapped in the clothes line with no means for air the fire sucked the life right out of them instantly :wink:.

Nov 18, 2012 at 3:01 AM Post #830 of 2,354
Quote:

It wasn't the fire that necessarily killed (or more so burned) them though lol. Since they were trapped in the clothes line with no means for air the fire sucked the life right out of them instantly :wink:.

Eeeww. Terrible indeed. Nonetheless, how did the conversation go that far OT? Hahaha.

Nov 18, 2012 at 5:19 AM Post #831 of 2,354
Quote:
the predator still looks much, much slicker.

Slicker? Yeah, maybe 'cause my Lek is black & my Pred is silver; but it's tooooooooooooo small for me. I don't really like it that much. 
triportsad.gif

Nov 18, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #833 of 2,354
So...can anyone verify the coax S/PDIF problem I'm seeing? Just listen normally over caox, then unplug the source. If you hear a hiss please let me know. 

Have you tried the leckerton with other source using coax? Maybe it is because of the AV cable to coax that has the problem. There is different factors that can cause the hiss. If you still can't find any clues, I think you should contact Nick about that issues.

Nov 18, 2012 at 3:01 PM Post #834 of 2,354
Quote:
Have you tried the leckerton with other source using coax? Maybe it is because of the AV cable to coax that has the problem. There is different factors that can cause the hiss. If you still can't find any clues, I think you should contact Nick about that issues.

I have contacted Leckerton, I was just hoping others can confirm the issue. And yes, I have tried other coax sources with the same results. Is anyone else using the coax input or willing to do a test for me?

Nov 18, 2012 at 3:50 PM Post #835 of 2,354
Btw, I am still not sure which op-amp is the most suitable for me. Any recommendations? I heard people saying that op209 is transparent and gets fatigue sometimes. So I might choose AD8610 instead since I want it to be more musical sounding. I have couple AD797 for use too. Looking for impressions on AD8610 and AD797.

Nov 18, 2012 at 11:56 PM Post #839 of 2,354
Quote:
First time attempting to roll but I bought two AD8610 that doesn't have that green board thing.  What do?

Don't you need the op amps soldered onto the the green board thing in order to pop them into the amp board.

According to the latest tracking info my UHA-6 MK II which henceforth shall be referred to as Eva cleared Chicago 3 days ago and officially hit Mississauga Ont as of 4:16 this afternoon. Shes officially in Canuckville and only one province over from me. It shouldn't be long now before my new little hottie is in my hands.

Nov 19, 2012 at 1:08 AM Post #840 of 2,354
Quote:
First time attempting to roll but I bought two AD8610 that doesn't have that green board thing.  What do?

Contact Nick from Leckerton regarding this. If you know how to solder you can order the adapters needed and solder the chips to the adapter. Or just return your current chips and just buy directly from Nick (probably the easiest way :p).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back