New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced (Update User Impressions Added July 20th 2012)
Nov 13, 2012 at 11:55 PM Post #766 of 2,354
Quote:
For anyone wanting confirmation about the Hakshop cable and the Leckteron UHA-6S.MKII - it works of course. Just got my Leckterton today, early impressions favourable.

You mean THIS

Nov 14, 2012 at 12:57 AM Post #767 of 2,354
Quote:
For anyone wanting confirmation about the Hakshop cable and the Leckteron UHA-6S.MKII - it works of course. Just got my Leckterton today, early impressions favourable.

I got my cable today (I believe you have a Note 2?). Have not ordered Leckerton though.

Please give impressions as to the SQ compared to the Note 2 DAC.

Nov 14, 2012 at 2:10 AM Post #768 of 2,354
Nov 14, 2012 at 2:45 AM Post #769 of 2,354
mine just arrived <3 charging it now :D it is small and cute!!!! and i am sure it will be very good also :p

Nov 14, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #773 of 2,354
did you try out the dac yet? and with the interational s3

Yes, I tried out the DAC, that's how big can confirm the Hakshop cable works. That was with the Note 2 though, not used it with the S3 yet (Note 2 and International S3 USB audio seems to be identical though, so should work without problems - I believe it has already been confirmed with the Int S3).

Nov 14, 2012 at 2:47 PM Post #774 of 2,354
Quote:
Yes, I tried out the DAC, that's how big can confirm the Hakshop cable works. That was with the Note 2 though, not used it with the S3 yet (Note 2 and International S3 USB audio seems to be identical though, so should work without problems - I believe it has already been confirmed with the Int S3).

oh what i really wanted to know is if it sounds better than intl s3+siyah?or is it too early for you to tell.

Nov 14, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #777 of 2,354
It's been a long time since I listened via Siyah kernel, so my comparisons won't be particularly valid there. I really like the sound from Leckterton, particularly impressed by how punchy and clear everything is. I think the Leckerton really hits a sweet spot with very good performance at a price point that compares very favourably with other options (I have the Intruder and HeadAmp Pico USB DAC/amp, and while I like the sound of the Pico better overall when paired with my main portable cans, the T5p, it is close to twice the price of the Leckterton). The Leckterton is really nicely thought out for portable use also with the charging bypass, and zero gain option so that it'll keep a pristine black background even with IEMs.

Nov 14, 2012 at 4:20 PM Post #779 of 2,354
For me, yes. For users with very sensitive IEMs who get driven mad by the hiss present in Android phones, including the Note 2, yes also. For users who will use this with their laptop (or heck, even desktop) and extract value for money that way too, yes. Probably worth mentioning that the ability to swap out opamps also adds another facet to the Leckteron worth thinking about.

As to carrying it around - I'd recommend getting a snap on rear case and using very strongly adhesive velcro to attach the Leckerton to the case, and of course the Hakshop cable. Then you can just snap on the case with the Leckerton already attached, and you've got a very tidy rig (that doesn't involve using bands which obscure/obstruct the phone screen). That's what I'll be doing once I get stuff together for that, will make for easy changing of USB DACs also, for when I'd rather use the Intruder to listen on balanced headphones.

Nov 14, 2012 at 4:31 PM Post #780 of 2,354
Quote:
For me, yes. For users with very sensitive IEMs who get driven mad by the hiss present in Android phones, including the Note 2, yes also. For users who will use this with their laptop (or heck, even desktop) and extract value for money that way too, yes.

As to carrying it around - I'd recommend getting a snap on rear case and using very strongly adhesive velcro to attach the Leckerton to the case, and of course the Hakshop cable. Then you can just snap on the case with the Leckerton already attached, and you've got a very tidy rig (that doesn't involve using bands which obscure/obstruct the phone screen). That's what I'll be doing once I get stuff together for that, will make for easy changing of USB DACs also, for when I'd rather use the Intruder to listen on balanced headphones.

The case idea is pretty good, I'll give you that.

You answered my question even though I phrased it a little wrong. By carry it around, I mean lugging one more thing with me on travel for being on an airplane 6-12 hrs (depending on destination). As I just purchased Miracles, and I can definitely see me using it at the office or in the hotel room attached to my laptop; it is seeming like its a go.

Supposidly as I gave my fiance my 535's and she blessed the purchase of the Miracles, my Christmas present has been purchased... Maybe I can squeeze in one of these if I am smooth enough heh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back