New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced (Update User Impressions Added July 20th 2012)
May 3, 2012 at 10:06 PM Post #16 of 2,354
Hey guys quick question for the UHA-4 owners on here. Just now I was listening to my amp when all of a sudden no audio. When I checked the amp the power indicator light is flashing on and off in green. My understanding is when the light turns red there's less then an hour of juice left in the battery. When I first started using the amp earlier today the power indicator was solid green. I've been using it maybe an hour in a half before it cut out on me. I'm hoping the flashing green just means I ran the battery dry and the amp isn't screwed. Has anyone else here ever encountered a flashing green led?

May 3, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #17 of 2,354
I can't speak to the UHA4 but the UHA6 has a battery protection circuit that will shut down the amp before killing the battery.  Not sure if the 4 uses the same circuit.

May 4, 2012 at 4:03 AM Post #18 of 2,354
Looks like I just ran the amps battery to extreme low. I plugged her in and let her recharge for a bit and shes working fine now.

May 6, 2012 at 6:00 AM Post #20 of 2,354
I can't speak to the UHA4 but the UHA6 has a battery protection circuit that will shut down the amp before killing the battery.  Not sure if the 4 uses the same circuit.

UHA-4 uses iPod's battery, so it should have the protection circuit inside the battery itself. However, I think there is another circuit on UHA-4 that will cut the battery off before it reaches the point-of-no-return :wink:

May 6, 2012 at 6:05 AM Post #21 of 2,354
Quote:
It seems that pre-ordering will soon be possible. Read the comments here: http://www.leckertonaudio.com/2012/03/uha-6s-update/

So anyone gonna step up and take one for the team?

May 6, 2012 at 8:52 AM Post #23 of 2,354
Quote:
So anyone gonna step up and take one for the team?

Depending on my financial situation then, I may take the plunge. I do intend to get it regardless when things are looking brighter. So far I have to be honest, Leckerton has been my most enjoyable amp yet and that is saying a lot. I just can't fault it.

May 6, 2012 at 9:21 AM Post #24 of 2,354
I'm seriously considering picking one up to go with my whipmod. I was thinking of the new alo rx mk3 but it appears to be bigger and probably double in price. So if he continues to offer the opa209, I'm probably in.

May 6, 2012 at 9:43 AM Post #25 of 2,354
Timely - tried to use my UHA-4 last night and got lights but no sound. Will give it a full charge and try again when the mood takes me, 

May 6, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #27 of 2,354
Quote:
I might take the plunge. Specs look good, but I'm not sure how much I care about a lack of a cross-feed.

If you want cross-feed go for the UHA4 :). It's perfect for IEM usage. I'd say the UHA6 would be more appropriate for full size headphones although it seems it will also cater to IEMs.

May 6, 2012 at 3:50 PM Post #28 of 2,354
UHA6 has a cleaner, more transparent amp section regardless of the opamp chosen.  I use it primarily for IEMs based on sonics alone.  Assuming the mk2 will be similar or better relative to mk1.  The only reason to get the UHA4 is size, crossfeed and digital pot.  Though the new UHA6 seems to be competitive on size now. 

May 6, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #29 of 2,354
Quote:
UHA6 has a cleaner, more transparent amp section regardless of the opamp chosen.  I use it primarily for IEMs based on sonics alone.  Assuming the mk2 will be similar or better relative to mk1.  The only reason to get the UHA4 is size, crossfeed and digital pot.  Though the new UHA6 seems to be competitive on size now. 

What worries me though is if its more transparent than the O2 amp. That could be a deal breaker for me and an annoying experience :wink:. This makes for shorter listening sessions before fatigue sets in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back