New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced (Update User Impressions Added July 20th 2012)
May 7, 2012 at 3:39 AM Post #32 of 2,354
If there's a cheaper price for pre orders I'm tempted to go in blind and give it a shot. I'm rather impressed with my UHA-4 thus far and a smaller sized UHA-6S might be the logical step upwards to better audio.

May 8, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #36 of 2,354
I'm strongly considering doing likewise. It has the 24/96 functionality I was hoping for. It doesn't have some of the other features (cross-feed, secondary output) that I would like, but for the size and performance I'm not sure how much I care.

Can anyone tell me the differences between the OP-AMPs? I'm looking for use with my Heir Audio 4.A's and would prefer something that is completely neutral.

Jun 6, 2012 at 2:32 PM Post #39 of 2,354
Same price, I believe.  It looks like Nick may be shipping out in the next few weeks.  I'm eagerly waiting on impressions. 

Also, I'm waiting on Nick's response to my inquiry if there will be a UHA-6 MKII model in the future without the coaxial and optical inputs for folks like me that would only utilize the USB functions.

Jun 6, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #41 of 2,354
I'm actually thinking when the new amp starts shipping out i may update my intro post to include copy and pasted impressions from various people who post in the thread. Makes it a lot easier for people researching this new amp if all the impressions are in the first post.

Jun 7, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #42 of 2,354
^ Good idea.

Also, Nick responded back and it sounds like there's good chance the UHA-6 MKII minus the S/PDIF inputs will be available, but not before the upsampling USB/DAC.  Here's a quote for another product direct from Nick:

"I also have an upsampling USB DAC in the works which you might be interested in. It will be released later this year. It is the same size as the UHA-6S.MKII and has only USB and analog inputs (no S/PDIF). It will feature high-current buffered outputs and upsampling to 192 kHz.  It will have a buffered amplifier stage built in, plus a 1/8th inch analog input"

That's all the info Nick is willing to disclose at the moment, but definitely sounds exiting.  I don't know too many amp builders that provides this level of quality, performance, and value while Made in USA.

Jun 8, 2012 at 12:05 AM Post #44 of 2,354
Quote:
The 209 is the standard opamp? And it is also the best sounding neutral opamp? How do the others sound?

It appears Nick made it the standard opamp now.  I think it is the most neutral sounding but that's a subjective thing, not sure any would measure flatter than the other or it's perceived.  The 627 sounds richer, lusher but darker yet still very clear.  The 8610 is brightest sounding w/ accentuation in treble and bass for a bit of excitement at both ends but nothing overly exaggerated, think fun side of neutral.  These 209 has the most air, balance and transparency to the recording IME using the UHA6S mk1.  I haven't tried any others yet so there might be a hidden gem still to be found.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back