New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Oct 15, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #196 of 8,377

I believe in an overwhelming consensus of opinion.  The Jh13pro received a huge number of reviews and most of them were in agreement regarding technical ability and sound signature.  That's why I was willing to spend the money to pick them up.  I'm willing to take some risks but once I hit the $1000+ mark I'd like a clear idea as to what I'm going to get.

Well, the V200 amp and Westone ES5 had an overwhelming consensus of opinion and positive reviews, but were mediocre when I listen to them. Nowadays, I'd rather listen to the few who either review negatively or is ambivalent about it, verify the authenticity of his findings based upon his prior experience and reputation, and then choose.

Oct 15, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #197 of 8,377

Well, the V200 amp and Westone ES5 had an overwhelming consensus of opinion and positive reviews, but were mediocre when I listen to them. Nowadays, I'd rather listen to the few who either review negatively or is ambivalent about it, verify the authenticity of his findings based upon his prior experience and reputation, and then choose.

One person's mediocre is another person's end game.  It all depends on your criterion.  I've found that there are people on Head Fi who write reviews I largely trust.  When those reviews are corroborated multiple times I feel secure in making the financial leap.

I'd still enjoy hearing the ES5; I think I'd probably like it.

Oct 15, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #198 of 8,377
I still have and love my original version JH13.  Many dynamic headphones have come and gone since then and I think the JH13s are still the best dynamic headphone I've heard.  This includes every flagship except unobtainium like the R10 and slightly less unobtainium K1000.  I haven't heard a properly amped HE-6 either, but I have everything else.

I'll probably buy this new flagship.

Oct 16, 2013 at 3:50 AM Post #200 of 8,377
so technically you listen to how many drivers you got not how the drivers can make sounds...

Oct 16, 2013 at 6:04 AM Post #202 of 8,377
If you hate even just a tiny bit of emphasized bass, I'm guessing that you will be fine with the jh13. I feel like the roxanne is just for those crazy bassheads who still like definition, clarity, and coherence aka not-beats. Or those who like to listen to a variety of tracks, some that don't benefit from bass boost, and some that do. Those who like as little bass/flatness as possible probably don't need to apply because they will never touch the tweaker anyway.

I guess for me though, the question is this: Will the roxanne bass be able to surpass the jh16's bass power by tweaking the potentiometer, without sacrificing any qualities?

That is also how my logic works and so screw roxanne :tongue_smile: i just made the plunge on the 13! Going with rush order hoping it can arrive before my trip to korea end of this month.

Now, i believe astel and kern is from korea...

By the way if anybody interested in w3000anv there's a pair on for sale section :D

Oct 16, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #205 of 8,377
So they must be make The add up now cool
I am come I g to the ny meet and Judy should have the demo to hear there

Oct 16, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #206 of 8,377
  Anyone else notice that the 'coming soon' announcement on the pro products page of JHAudio is no longer there?

Strange, unless the website listing is currently in-transition.

They're still linking Jude's vid, on their facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151616082911991

Users who are viewing this thread

Back