New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
May 31, 2017 at 10:19 AM Post #8,357 of 8,377
Imagine how long a 2 pin socket would(n't) last if you did that. Cable would fall out on it's own after a while.
I totally f-ed up my socket the ONE SINGLE time I tried to remove the cable! I am all thumbs with stuff like that!

May 31, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #8,358 of 8,377
I'm playing on stage, nothing special .Unscrewing cable every night of course...the sockets, just completely break in little piece. Do you have a idea if JH audio offer to replace that little piece by a metal one, like the new edition ?

I don't know about the custom, I have the universals and have never disconnected the cable from them. Maybe they aren't designed to withstand daily disconnections? I hope mine hold up.

Jun 3, 2017 at 10:56 PM Post #8,363 of 8,377
You are right, i have several adapter right now.....I feel the 2.5mm connector with adapter is not solid as a unbalanced cable itself. I give a lot of energy when i play...and that can cause disconnection sometime.. If someone want a ''Black dragon V2'' balanced cable let me know :wink:

Jun 17, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #8,364 of 8,377
Thanks to Rich from JH audio, i got new metal sockets and new Hight drivers :) here is a pic !
And, i bought a adapter 2.5mm balanced to 3.5mm stereo Black Dragon from Moon-audio. Much more solid then other cheapest option...

Attachments

• IMG_3353.JPG
    IMG_3353.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
Jan 23, 2018 at 12:46 PM Post #8,367 of 8,377
Slow Thread!!

Just got the Roxanne performance series, after hearing the jh13v2 perf I was curious about these.

I haven't owned the original roxanne for over a year, but I remember they seemed quite peaky and dark overall

These seem more balanced, still have that chesty meaty lower midrange but the peaks are evened out and has better clarity, without that hazy background that I remember.

soundstage and imaging are VERY impressive, and they just sound so BIG, while still remaining airy and delicate. Seriously, the bass seems like its coming from a big driver, while its quite punchy, it still rumbles really well. Great bass, great mids, good treble. Overall its somewhat dark, but overall neutral and BIG sounding.

The bass is weird. its not boomy, slow, or overpowering at all, but is just very full sounding, really unique.

JH tunes its upper mids treble to peak around 3 kHz as well as 5-6 kHz, which gives great sparkle and airiness to the mids, but the 9-10khz peak that most iems have is lowered considerably. they dip from 8-10.5 and come back around 11-12, which helps keep the treble from getting bright and harsh.

These might be keepers!

Jun 1, 2018 at 11:22 PM Post #8,368 of 8,377
I have a possible faulty bass driver on right channel on my original 3 year old Roxanne's.
I'm unsure of what it would cost to ship and get repaired.
Any one have any opinion of whether to repair or just invest in another iem.

Jul 10, 2018 at 8:15 PM Post #8,369 of 8,377
BBFFA56F-4A6F-49CE-B387-F3E9A9A2B009.jpeg

I’m not sure there isn’t more discussion about this IEM (too high price or old?) but I recently got it (Roxanne II) in a trade and it sounds beautiful.

Paired with my Cayin N5ii with Spinfits at 12 o clock and listening to some Radiohead:

I never knew bass can be so...detailed and clear. It extends throughout the bass spectrum very wide. Great separation. I can hear so much detail in the bass (especially sub-bass), more so than any IEM I’ve heard before (Andromeda, N5005, Legend X , Xelento, Phantom, Apollo, Bravado, Sparta). Not only is it detailed, it’s also silky smooth and musical. Oh my. So warm and clear. Radiohead - Burn the Witch’s sub-bass background = :) Heck, any Radiohead song. The male vocals!

I think overall though, the vocals might not be as good as my Angie I but it’s close and the bass is miles ahead.

Very happy with these IEMs :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back