New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Feb 15, 2017 at 10:51 PM Post #8,327 of 8,377
Hi. I have SE846 for more than a year and very like its signature (with that great bass impact). I'm prefer blue filter (balance sound) all the time. Might buy other iem as a second iem but dont want to miss SE846 signature too much. Now my option are Lime Ears Aether (universal) and JH Audio Roxanne (universal). Which one do u think will give me an upgraded sound compares to SE846? Thanks

Feb 15, 2017 at 10:57 PM Post #8,328 of 8,377
  Hi. I have SE846 for more than a year and very like its signature (with that great bass impact). I'm prefer blue filter (balance sound) all the time. Might buy other iem as a second iem but dont want to miss SE846 signature too much. Now my option are Lime Ears Aether (universal) and JH Audio Roxanne (universal). Which one do u think will give me an upgraded sound compares to SE846? Thanks

Never heard Lime Ears Aether but I have both SE846 and Roxanne. I think Roxanne is a great upgrade to SE846. If you loves the bass, just crank them up.

Feb 15, 2017 at 11:17 PM Post #8,329 of 8,377
  Never heard Lime Ears Aether but I have both SE846 and Roxanne. I think Roxanne is a great upgrade to SE846. If you loves the bass, just crank them up.

I know that Roxanne cable  got bass adjuster. If u increase the bass, will it effect mid and high sound. Based on ur exp, what is the sweet spot for roxanne cable's bass adjustment to make the bass impact better than SE846

Feb 16, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #8,331 of 8,377
  I know that Roxanne cable  got bass adjuster. If u increase the bass, will it effect mid and high sound. Based on ur exp, what is the sweet spot for roxanne cable's bass adjustment to make the bass impact better than SE846

ironpeg, so u have Alo CDM also. My SE846 pairs very good with CDM (balanced). How's ur impression for Roxanne driven by CDM (balanced or unbalanced). Thanks bro

Roxanne with CDM have high hiss level for me. So, I barely use them together.
My sweet spot for Roxanne is at 3 o'clock setting (70% bass boost) for fun sound, at 7 o'clock (0% bass boost) for reference.
They won't overpower mid and high.

Feb 27, 2017 at 12:46 AM Post #8,332 of 8,377
just making my understanding clear, the discussion is not about the A&K Roxanne version right ? 

Feb 27, 2017 at 5:01 AM Post #8,333 of 8,377
Has anyone had the chance to compare the new performance series Roxanne universal to the original? Curious to hear if the shell is improved in terms of fit etc

Feb 27, 2017 at 5:47 AM Post #8,334 of 8,377
Has anyone had the chance to compare the new performance series Roxanne universal to the original? Curious to hear if the shell is improved in terms of fit etc

Made some measurements for the two. But for your convenience:

Original

Performance Series

Mar 6, 2017 at 11:32 PM Post #8,337 of 8,377
Just got my Roxanne performance series, am surprised the sound tuning is vastly different between the 2, the performance series got lusher mids, slightly richer and closer vocals, highs r better controlled. Bass seems tighter but probably lower in quantity when compared at the same settings. Talked to the shop abt it and they said the performance series is closer to the CM version's tuning without as much AK's influence. But whatever, I like the performance series Roxanne a lot and they r wearable outdoors finally.

Mar 11, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #8,338 of 8,377
Just got my Roxanne performance series, am surprised the sound tuning is vastly different between the 2, the performance series got lusher mids, slightly richer and closer vocals, highs r better controlled. Bass seems tighter but probably lower in quantity when compared at the same settings. Talked to the shop abt it and they said the performance series is closer to the CM version's tuning without as much AK's influence. But whatever, I like the performance series Roxanne a lot and they r wearable outdoors finally.

on what player you listen?

Mar 20, 2017 at 11:43 PM Post #8,339 of 8,377
How is the Roxanne original release pairing with Chord Mojo?

How musical it is? My top rating for musicality is Hifiman HE1000

There is a unit without warranty (but new). Any idea of a good bargain value for it?

As of now  I am only having full size open back HPs (HE1000, HE560, Elears, AKG K812, HE560, X2) but would like to get IEM that is very musical to compliment HE1000. I do not have to keep my other HP (other than HE1000) if I could get a similarly musical IEM for my office and mobile use

Users who are viewing this thread

Back