New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Nov 18, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #8,206 of 8,377
Thanks guys, collected plenty of feedback and I've got some sense of where I should go from here.

Quote:
  I have no problem with my custom Roxanne.

Sounds great! I'll consider customs, although I personally am not a big fan of customs because of several reasons, one of which is the turnaround time (and worse if there are fitting issues). This is especially bad because I'm not based in the US, the turnaround time is even longer.

Grab a used custom for reshell. Can be had for very good prices these days.

Who does reshell of Roxannes and do they still keep the 4 pin connector + bass adjustment ports? It seems like an unnecessarily big risk to do reshell through a 3rd party company, for example if the driver died I don't think they are capable of replacing it since they arn't JH audio themselves?

The custom Roxanne should be fine. You could also consider grabbing a pair of used v1 roxannes as those go for very good prices these days.

I'll think about that. The V2 didn't have very good fit, although I can still manage with it. The V1 looks even bigger and harder to fit in the ear properly.

Have had my custom Roxanne for 4 months with no issues at all. 

Sounds good! The positive reports on the roxannes are promising!

"Performance Series" JH Audio Universals

Any first impression on the preview units of the latest 2017 "Performance Series" JH Audio Universals with smaller housings and better build quality but stunningly no spike in pricing?!
http://www.head-fi.org/t/826164/new-product-announcement-jerry-harvey-audio-performance-series-universal-fit-iems

Launched yesterday. Looks very very promising to those who aren't happy with the this year's Full Metal Series' build quality and housing size.

Oh man. This came just at the right time. I'm really unhappy about the build of the metal back plate. If only it was a full metal machined piece instead of having multiple parts glued together.

Have you also tried Nobel? There are many users who like K10U and Katana.

I did give the K10U a try, but I didn't spend much time with it. Honestly speaking, it did not impress me. I tried this before I tried the roxannes when I was looking for earphones, and I spent most of my time trying to get a good fit on the universals. Sound wise, it didn't feel too impressive but it could also be partly due to a bad fit. I didn't try the Katana though. I should give them another try. Thanks for the recommendation!

Yeah i got the akr03 roxanne for $660

Actually, hows the build of the original roxannes? I haven't really seen it at all because its no longer on sale as they are all replaced by the full metal roxannes.

Try Empire Ears too, they have great iems, and customer service.

I've not heard of them before, but I'll see if any of the local shops carry them. Any particular model you'd recommend?

Nov 19, 2016 at 11:39 PM Post #8,208 of 8,377
Hi Ratix0,

I am just thinking, if you found Roxanne II to a good match of your sound preference, you might not like K10U or Katana.

From your posting of the pics, it seems that JH might have used a wrong glue for their Roxanne metal series, or they might have chosen this so that it could be easier for them to open it if they need to repair a problem set?

Not sure if this may be a valid solution, but if you exchanged for a completely good set, but just with the loose back plate, maybe just glue it back with a stronger glue?

Just thinking if you have found the right sound, rather than selling it, maybe it can be DIYed as the backplate can be easily glued back?

Hope you resolve your issue soon.

Nov 20, 2016 at 3:38 AM Post #8,209 of 8,377
Hi Ratix0,

I am just thinking, if you found Roxanne II to a good match of your sound preference, you might not like K10U or Katana.

From your posting of the pics, it seems that JH might have used a wrong glue for their Roxanne metal series, or they might have chosen this so that it could be easier for them to open it if they need to repair a problem set?

Not sure if this may be a valid solution, but if you exchanged for a completely good set, but just with the loose back plate, maybe just glue it back with a stronger glue?

Just thinking if you have found the right sound, rather than selling it, maybe it can be DIYed as the backplate can be easily glued back?

Hope you resolve your issue soon.

Yeah, I agree that it is likely an easy DIY fix. Just feels bad to have this kind of shabby build on such an expensive IEM. What worries me is things such as the backplate falling out while in use and losing it, it'll be a huge hassle to try and DIY something to cover the back. The new performance series intrigued me though. Will likely look out for that. As for now, I'll just look around and see what alternatives do I have.

Nov 21, 2016 at 8:30 PM Post #8,211 of 8,377
which is the best dap with the roxanne ??

it should be very portable 

shanling m1, cowon plenue d and p1, lotoo 500 r on my radar ?? but all have some drawbacks !!

cowon p1 has no wifi, lotoo 5000 does not arrange music and other drawbaks , m1 has too small a screen.

any1 has any other recommendations ??

thanks !!

Nov 21, 2016 at 8:42 PM Post #8,212 of 8,377
  which is the best dap with the roxanne ??

it should be very portable 

shanling m1, cowon plenue d and p1, lotoo 500 r on my radar ?? but all have some drawbacks !!

cowon p1 has no wifi, lotoo 5000 does not arrange music and other drawbaks , m1 has too small a screen.

any1 has any other recommendations ??

thanks !!

There are so many DAPs available these days, and you probably need to know what are the features that you are looking for, as well as price range.

I am using Calyx M with Layla II, and sold off my ZX2. Very nice sounding match.

Nov 21, 2016 at 8:46 PM Post #8,214 of 8,377

There are so many DAPs available these days, and you probably need to know what are the features that you are looking for, as well as price range.

I am using Calyx M with Layla II, and sold off my ZX2. Very nice sounding match.

u cant even imagone, ive gone crazyyyyyy and insaneeee. 
a week ago i decided on the shanling m1, then i came across the cowon d which lead me to the p1, then i came across the lotoo 5000 and gold, 
out of nowhere the fiio x7 came up, then the cowon s shot up, 

i can going mental, 

i have forgotten what features i was even looking for , 

currentlyt am using the ak240 but i need one for the gym so i need a compact portable player but with good sound, great UI and a good EQ, thats it

thanks !

Nov 21, 2016 at 9:33 PM Post #8,215 of 8,377

You are using JH Roxanne?

so basically now ive decided that the features i want arent availble as of now . 

I want something that looks exactly like the cowon p1 , am in love with the look and feel ,

in it i want an amazing UI, wifi, bluetooth, double sd slots, an awesome EQ, and no hissssss with the roxanne ., LOL

i guess am basically waiting for the p2 to come out , WITH THE ABOVE FEATURES !!

till then i need to buy the shanling m1, cowon d or lotto paw 5000

please recommend one !

thanks !!

Nov 22, 2016 at 1:57 AM Post #8,217 of 8,377

a week ago i decided on the shanling m1, then i came across the cowon d which lead me to the p1, then i came across the lotoo 5000 and gold, 

i can going mental, 

currentlyt am using the ak240 but i need one for the gym so i need a compact portable player but with good sound, great UI and a good EQ, thats it

thanks !

For workout and gym, I doubt you will be able to hear much of a difference in sound quality.

If I were you, I will just grab a Sansa Clip or Jam, or probably a iPod Touch. Light and versatile, no worries on weight and sound quality.

Nov 22, 2016 at 5:33 AM Post #8,218 of 8,377

i can going mental, 

thanks !

For gym purpose, I would rather consider a very light weight thing like Sony NWZ-A25 (30 hours battery) or iPod Nano.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back