New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Dec 22, 2015 at 7:05 AM Post #7,865 of 8,377
If anyone is interested by the way, I  have a pair of universal Roxannes still sealed in the box. I need a new work truck and they may just need to get sold to make it happen. Please let me know if anyone's interested I have pictures.

Dec 22, 2015 at 10:30 AM Post #7,866 of 8,377
Go start a for sale thread. This thread isn't here to pimp your used Roxannes.

Dec 23, 2015 at 2:35 AM Post #7,867 of 8,377
I've spoken to Maria from JH, and she has confirmed that the new Roxanne is only available in the Full Metal Jacket body. Existing CIEM Roxanne owners will not be able to upgrade to the 4th order crossover network, since the existing custom Roxanne product is still of the older variety. Any upgrades done to the Roxanne was purely for its Full Metal Jacket universal. In fact, she was not even sure when the upgraded crossover network would be ported over to the custom Roxanne product.

Anyway, Maria has mentioned that the 4th order crossover network on the universal Roxanne results in extended highs. Not sure if that's true, but it's great if it is.

Dec 23, 2015 at 7:13 AM Post #7,868 of 8,377
  I've spoken to Maria from JH, and she has confirmed that the new Roxanne is only available in the Full Metal Jacket body. Existing CIEM Roxanne owners will not be able to upgrade to the 4th order crossover network, since the existing custom Roxanne product is still of the older variety. Any upgrades done to the Roxanne was purely for its Full Metal Jacket universal. In fact, she was not even sure when the upgraded crossover network would be ported over to the custom Roxanne product.

Anyway, Maria has mentioned that the 4th order crossover network on the universal Roxanne results in extended highs. Not sure if that's true, but it's great if it is.

Sad for CIEM version owners, but this actually make sense.  Does it mean the new Rox will have a 3x3x3x3 crossover instead of 4x4x4?

Dec 24, 2015 at 9:03 AM Post #7,869 of 8,377
My first post in Head-fi after being a underwater surfer for many many years.

I had the UE11 before and recently got my CIEM Roxanne. After learning that JH will be upgrading their universal Roxanne with new moon audio cable and 4th Crossover i was a bit upset and i have sent them an e-mail asking if it's possible for us CIEM user to send in our unit for upgrade, even if there is a fee i think most of us just want to know if it's even an option. 

Regarding the cable, i purchased the Black Dragon IEM headphone cable V2 from MoonAudio here:
http://www.moon-audio.com/black-dragon-iem-headphone-cable-v2.html

And so far i am happy with it. The cable is a tinny bit thinner than the stock one. And I also ordered the  3.5mm right angle 3 pole stereo single ended connection instead of straight one that will be coming with new Roxanne. I personally prefer the right angle. 

Audio sounds slightly better to me, the base goes a bit deeper but what surprised me the most is treble, it is now smoother and more pleasant to listen to, not more harsh treble compare to stock cable.

I should also mentioned my listening rig, i am the portable type and i only use my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus with Tidal High loss-less file. I installed Viper4Android a few days ago and have been playing around with it a lot doing A-B testing, although some settings does gives a bit more of something (e.g. Punch in base, clearer treble...etc), i think at the same time, it also take away something else, it just doesn't sound right to me no matter how i tweak it. The sound seems altered and not neutral to me, but this will depends on your preference, i know V4A is loved by many portable users and if you like that kind of sound, go for it. I do kind of like the dynamic setting on it, but it sometimes make the mid a bit too cloudy so now i am not using it.

That's it, i shall update again once I hear from JH Audio about the cross over upgrade. 

Merry Christmas to everyone. 

Dec 29, 2015 at 8:37 PM Post #7,870 of 8,377

Sounds like more money grub antics from JH.
Like with the FreqPhase....
At the beginning JH said that JHxx Pros were unable to be upgraded to the JHxx FreqPhase and they cited that the driver and the crossover was totally different; which is by the way total bull. And now we know that it's a relatively simple process to upgrade actually. But after 4 months, they allowed the upgrade to be done for a fee. A steep fee as well.

Trust me, they'll roll out the upgrade when all the dust settles.

Jan 10, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #7,872 of 8,377
I think sometimes we just have to resist the urge of upgrading for the minute difference which the manufacturers use to put unbelievable margin on.

We know they are all gimmicks, we know they are lies yet we still encourage them. 

At the very beginning, JH said the Roxanne was the only Siren out there, after a short while they released Angie and Layla, now with the Rosie and Metal Jacket. 

I am not interested in new JH audio product as I am content with my Roxanne and is not going to pay the premium for those gimmicks.

I was eager to get a cable which has good build quality and yet JH has put up an hefty price tag on the new cable which they should have at the very start. I am just very disappointed in the build quality of the original cable and finding out we have to pay a premium to get a replacement...

Jan 13, 2016 at 9:19 PM Post #7,874 of 8,377
I just ordered my custom Roxanne last week. Which of the cables does it come with?

Thanks,
Ken

Probably the old ones, which are known to be faulty. I'm on my third replacement cable and I'm not even going to send the current faulty cable back because they'll just send me a new one that will give out in a month or two. I know one thing for sure and that is I will never purchase anything from JH Audio again. You pay a premium and would expect better quality control but instead they manufacture new improved cables that are only sold with the newest models, you couldn't buy them if you wanted to.

Jan 13, 2016 at 9:55 PM Post #7,875 of 8,377

Probably the old ones, which are known to be faulty. I'm on my third replacement cable and I'm not even going to send the current faulty cable back because they'll just send me a new one that will give out in a month or two. I know one thing for sure and that is I will never purchase anything from JH Audio again. You pay a premium and would expect better quality control but instead they manufacture new improved cables that only come with the newest models, you couldn't even buy them if you wanted to. They knowingly sold poor quality cables to a lot of people and once they have your money they don't care about you.

How does the faultiness present itself? Plain doesn't work?

Thanks,
Ken

Users who are viewing this thread

Back