New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Aug 10, 2014 at 8:38 PM Post #6,587 of 8,377
I've heard all kinds of ups-and-downs-ins-and-outs about fit, what with the Uni's being "big" and all, and just said screw it and ordered from Moon-Audio. If the fit is so bad, took a chance, live and learn. I believe, in my heart of hearts, and wallet, they will be fine (fingers crossed!).

I just got a pair of universals and they fit me pretty well with the stock ear tips. If you ever decide to go custom you could always re-shell them later on so really, you're not losing out by going universal. 

Aug 10, 2014 at 11:35 PM Post #6,589 of 8,377
I have to say the first few weeks weren't too great but someone on the thread actually suggested me keep on listening to them. I sold my SE846 and stopped using my M100 DT1350 and M500...carrying my Roxanne most places I go.

Aug 10, 2014 at 11:51 PM Post #6,594 of 8,377
  http://www.cdpkorea.com/zboard4/zboard.php?id=forum_etc2_1&page=1&sn1=&divpage=7&sn=off&ss=on&sc=off&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc&no=47719

Sorry of Korean site :) The Roxanne Custom.

Nice site.  I like their graphs better than Golden Ears, not being overly smooth with more info.  They measured the Cowon Plenue P1 and verified the specs are accurate.

Definately a JHA tuning for sure.   
biggrin.gif
 What I don't get is why does it sound dark?  Probably the boosted bass even with that U or V shaped peak treble(JH's trademark).  

Aug 10, 2014 at 11:54 PM Post #6,595 of 8,377
  Nice site.  I like their graphs better than Golden Ears, not being overly smooth with more info.  They measured the Cowon Plenue P1 and verified the specs are accurate.

Definately a JHA tuning for sure.   
biggrin.gif
 What I don't get is why does it sound dark?  Probably the boosted bass even with that U or V shaped peak treble(JH's trademark).  

Yeah, I don't like Golden Ears, too :frowning2: The 1/3oct smoothing is ugly and give us less valuable information.

Aug 11, 2014 at 12:07 AM Post #6,599 of 8,377
Yes, 12 per side... pretty sweet. Not that more is always better... But I'd say it is in this case.

Nope.  Look at the distortions.  The point of more drivers should reduce distortions and not in this case.  You see treble  peak coming up to 1%.  I have graphs of CIEMs with less drivers and it doesn't have as much distortions.  Just look at the glacierous response.  It peaks and humps like a mutha.  One of the worst I've ever seen.

12 drivers...  Hey, we all have preferences right?

Aug 11, 2014 at 12:13 AM Post #6,600 of 8,377
nice graph, like I noticed there is a gap between the right and left channel for the bass. It's due to the bass pot having unequal resistance values at the minimum setting. It can be closed by fine tuning the resistor values using a DMM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back