New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Aug 8, 2014 at 5:15 AM Post #6,556 of 8,377
Please share your impressions between those two if possible. Roxannes, being a huge bass head that I am, continue to pull at me!!

I just went to the audio show in Hong Kong, there were tons of people and the environment was kinda noisy actually. ECT is the new sole dealer (AFAIK) in HK and both Jerry and Andy were there. I had the luck to talk to Jerry for awhile and got a lots of my questions answered. 
biggrin.gif

Jerry set the Roxanne bass to 2 o'clock for me to try. The treble was there but not harsh, and there was plenty of bass. The overall sound gave me a "full" and "wrap-around-you" feeling which is very enjoyable. The Rox does sound like a speaker.

Jerry said having more drivers do give a wider soundstage and the different between a universal Roxanne and custom one is whether you can have a good seal every time or not. If you do, the different is probably less than 5%, he said.

And oh he said CF has nothing to do with the sound 
ksc75smile.gif
, go for acrylic if you want to get Roxanne fast. 

Aug 8, 2014 at 6:40 AM Post #6,557 of 8,377
And oh he said CF has nothing to do with the sound :ksc75smile: , go for acrylic if you want to get Roxanne fast. 

This is something that I don't understand about CIEM's. AFAIK all CIEM's are acrylic? In the world of universals much is made of the material the housing is made of. "Military grade" Aluminium. Wood etc. why would the material not have an effect on the sound of a CIEM? BTW. Did you get to hear the Noble K10?

Aug 8, 2014 at 10:13 AM Post #6,558 of 8,377
This is something that I don't understand about CIEM's. AFAIK all CIEM's are acrylic? In the world of universals much is made of the material the housing is made of. "Military grade" Aluminium. Wood etc. why would the material not have an effect on the sound of a CIEM? BTW. Did you get to hear the Noble K10?

Most BA drivers are self contained (not vented) so no matter what the enclosure is, shoe box, pen cap, to IEM housing the sound output is the same.

Housing factors like air space volume, sound absorption, and rarefaction really have little to no effect on self contained BA's.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Aug 8, 2014 at 10:16 AM Post #6,559 of 8,377
And acrylic is easier to mold to shape.

Aug 8, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #6,560 of 8,377
When I listen through my ZX1, I tend to stay at 2 o'clock and set the surround sound to studio and turn off the EQ. I mostly listen to rock music with a lot of bass and some random pop songs. Overall sound quality is brighter than before and separation is very detailed. But if I push pass 2 o'clock, the mids and treble seem to roll off a bit and separation becomes very unnatural to my ears. On my desktop CAS though, there's no such issue. Anyone experience this as well?

Aug 8, 2014 at 10:23 PM Post #6,562 of 8,377
I just picked up a uni rox... I was a bit worried that they wouldn't fit me, but at the same time didn't want to go through the hassle of customs... To my surprise while trying out the demo unit the default tips actually had a nice seal. I guess should I ever wanted to go custom I could always have them reshelled.

Aug 9, 2014 at 2:15 AM Post #6,563 of 8,377
I finally broke down and ordered and received my universals. I have no problem with them. I have to use the largest tips they come with and would like to find some with a little longer extention into the ear canal but not a huge issue. They sound better than anything I have owned to date. Seperation is excellent, soundstage is very wide for IEM's, all the bass I could ask for without tuning them up. Now my problem is what to pair them with as far as a DAP goes. Currently my best player is my X3, which is ok, but not up there with some of the nicer players. That is my next quest, a player worthy of these gems.

Aug 9, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #6,569 of 8,377
Most BA drivers are self contained (not vented) so no matter what the enclosure is, shoe box, pen cap, to IEM housing the sound output is the same.

Housing factors like air space volume, sound absorption, and rarefaction really have little to no effect on self contained BA's.

but Mr. Wizard.  How about the tubing?  Doesn't that matter?  The position of the damper and the length of the tubing?  Also multiple bores?  What does multiple bores do to the sound?

Thank you Mr. Wizard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back