New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Aug 7, 2014 at 12:05 PM Post #6,545 of 8,377
Yes, me too. I'm fairly new to this hobby, but last week I finally found tips that allowed me to have a proper seal... wow, night and day difference. I was ready to sell Ref1, then I discovered double flange tips... Moral of the story, make sure you have good tips when you demo Unirox.

Aug 7, 2014 at 2:10 PM Post #6,547 of 8,377
I know this may sound crazy, but in anyone's opinion are the Roxanne Universals suitable for use during a little bit of exercise (bike riding, stationary bike, StairMaster, indoors and outdoors)? I am interested in getting a pair of UniRox and have been a long-time Westone user. I know the price of the Roxanne would scare some people into not letting them outta the house, let alone some sweaty workout sessions, but I think an IEM should be something you can live with, and not just sit at home with...any opinions appreciated.

Aug 7, 2014 at 2:20 PM Post #6,548 of 8,377
I know this may sound crazy, but in anyone's opinion are the Roxanne Universals suitable for use during a little bit of exercise (bike riding, stationary bike, StairMaster, indoors and outdoors)? I am interested in getting a pair of UniRox and have been a long-time Westone user. I know the price of the Roxanne would scare some people into not letting them outta the house, let alone some sweaty workout sessions, but I think an IEM should be something you can live with, and not just sit at home with...any opinions appreciated.

I would never recommend anyone using an earphone, headphone, IEM or listening to something at all when riding a bike or jogging outdoor. For indoor exercise like gym or tread mill, it's fine. But I think to truly appreciate the sound of the Roxies, you should listen to them while you're doing absolutely nothing. I tend to commute a lot to and from work and time flies when I listen through them during those 2 and a half hours.

Aug 7, 2014 at 3:35 PM Post #6,550 of 8,377
I would never recommend anyone using an earphone, headphone, IEM or listening to something at all when riding a bike or jogging outdoor. For indoor exercise like gym or tread mill, it's fine. But I think to truly appreciate the sound of the Roxies, you should listen to them while you're doing absolutely nothing. I tend to commute a lot to and from work and time flies when I listen through them during those 2 and a half hours.

Thanks! I use them only in safe environments and realize the dangers of well-travelled ( or travelled at all) roads and paths. Just wanted to make sure they are durable enough and I definitely hope to get more than enough chances to listen to them just sitting at home in my humble abode!

Aug 7, 2014 at 3:36 PM Post #6,551 of 8,377
I use my high end IEMS in the gym, walking outside, etc. I bought them to enjoy them, so I l listen whenever I possibly can. I'd rather get 2 years of heavy use then 5 of light to be honest.

I agree with this, too. I ain't planning on spending $$$ on something that needs to sit at home in a cabinet. My best IEM's have cost a few bucks, but literally became a part of my life!

Aug 7, 2014 at 4:11 PM Post #6,552 of 8,377
  Actually JH was going to offer this, don't know what happened:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/633596/jh-audio-freqphase-and-lantos-3d-digital-ear-scanner-head-fi-tv-canjam-rmaf-2012

Yes that's what I was thinking of! Did they never go ahead with it? I wonder why... it would've been a great idea.

With so many refit issue, probably it makes more sense to use a 3D scanner. 

Yes, with a 3D scanner you can make several different scans too (e.g. open mouth, closed mouth) and combine them for the tightest fit. With impressions it's a lot fussier, and you can't really do more than one or two at a time because if you do too many your ear canals will be swollen and the impressions will be too small.

Aug 8, 2014 at 3:31 AM Post #6,555 of 8,377
But when did they actually receive your ear impressions? It might take up to 2 weeks for them to receive them. So in the worst case, you should receive your phones early next month the latest

I received my order number on 5th June.
but didnt know when JHA received my earmold.

& I bought through official dealer in Hong Kong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back