New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
May 21, 2014 at 10:02 PM Post #5,746 of 8,377
  hey guys,

Any custom cables available for these ones yet? balanced operation might be an option for me and are considering these.

Moon Audio will have it, also based on info from Earphones Solution, the stock UniRox will come with both single end and balanced cable, just like the Korea only version AKR03.

May 22, 2014 at 12:10 AM Post #5,749 of 8,377
I definitely had bad phasing problem with my AKR03 Roxanne when I first got them, worse with the balanced out from my AK240, and after a week of burning in, the phasing problem is mostly gone. But instead of getting a bass boost with the balanced out, I actually got more of a bass boost with the SE out. The balanced out is more balanced sounding to me now.

thanks.
BTW Do you think this still applies? as this was written before the whole freak phase thing:
Wouldn't want to spend money on recabling if its detrimental to quality

May 22, 2014 at 8:50 AM Post #5,750 of 8,377
Seems like there are a lot of dissatisfied customers with the Custom Roxanne, I'm wondering what the percentage of dissatisfied customers compared to the satisfied ones, or is it just that the dissatisfied ones are more vocal about it. I totally understand for a pair of IEMs that cost more than many ppl's monthly wages should have had better quality control, but if it's just a small minority I think it can be acceptable as long as JH Audio is willing to do a refund or refit.

Well, I am a happy user :)

May 22, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #5,751 of 8,377
A quick look at JHA's FB page and I see JH16s that comes with cables that have bass ports (Along with the screwdriver). Does it mean that JH16 can now have their bass adjusted? Isn't that supposed to be one of the main selling points of Roxanne?

May 22, 2014 at 3:31 PM Post #5,754 of 8,377
A quick look at JHA's FB page and I see JH16s that comes with cables that have bass ports (Along with the screwdriver). Does it mean that JH16 can now have their bass adjusted? Isn't that supposed to be one of the main selling points of Roxanne?

At this point it is a selling point, but the main selling point is the amount of drivers. The bass adjust I think is going to be on all their new models I would assume and maybe their older models. If you listen to his interview, his idea is that everything will eventually be tune-able by the end user. 

As far as my re-fit drama. I got a hold of JHA today. They admitted that they screwed up, stating that we have "so many of these going out". The general attitude when talking to them is defensive with a slight attitude. So, they continue to be overloaded which affects their quality which costs them money in the end and loses them customers. Jerry quit being cheap and hire more people /rant. I'll let you know if they get it right this time. I give it a 10% chance at this point. 

May 22, 2014 at 11:00 PM Post #5,755 of 8,377
Anyone know if the bass drivers are driven by a separate lead/wire?  Or if at least the hot wire is? 

I wanna try making an iem cable where I can plug just the bass drivers into a separate bass-boosted amp.  That way there will be no need to EQ bass from the source to the other drivers, which won't muddy them up.

Maybe I'll just buy several of their spare cables and start tearing them apart/experimenting.

May 22, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #5,756 of 8,377
I don't know but I hope they are, seems like the bass control on the cable is a bit useless as it can only boost instead of cut, I would love to cut the bass, just a little.

Anyone know if the bass drivers are driven by a separate lead/wire?  Or if at least the hot wire is? 

I wanna try making an iem cable where I can plug just the bass drivers into a separate bass-boosted amp.  That way there will be no need to EQ bass from the source to the other drivers, which won't muddy them up.

Maybe I'll just buy several of their spare cables and start tearing them apart/experimenting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back