New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Apr 5, 2014 at 8:22 PM Post #4,921 of 8,377
  Finally after 5 months of waiting!

Very nice!  Do they fit in your ear comfortably?

Apr 5, 2014 at 10:40 PM Post #4,924 of 8,377
Yes with the right tips.
smily_headphones1.gif
but they do stick out quite a lot.they are huge..

Hmm, Jerry did say the final unit would be much smaller. The demo's I've tried sticks about a good 5mm past the helix.

Apr 6, 2014 at 10:11 AM Post #4,929 of 8,377
After reading this thread, I am way too glad I didn't invest in either the custom or universal sirens...

I think the end product is definitely worth it.  The sweet sound is magnificent.  After a demo, I couldn't get my wallet out fast enough to order.  But the wait and lack of info has been hard to swallow.

As a side note:  I was on Double Helix's site and they have a very nice header announcement stating shipping delays due to new products and enlarging their dealer network.  Amazing how one sentence can be so helpful.

Apr 6, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #4,930 of 8,377
Would it be possible to send the universal to inearz and have them make a custom? If the universal wasn't working out for someone....

It seems that the rule of thumb is that universals are tuned and ported to a specific shaped shell, so you can customize them, but it could possibly change the manufacturer's intended sound signature.

Apr 6, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #4,931 of 8,377
  I seems that the rule of thumb is that universals are tuned and ported to a specific shaped shell, so you can customize them, but it could possibly change the manufacturer's intended sound signature.

I have a feeling that the freqphase'ness won't be quite there w/o JH's involvement in a build into a custom shell, but I'm sure others would be able to speak to that better.

Apr 6, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #4,932 of 8,377
I have a feeling that the freqphase'ness won't be quite there w/o JH's involvement in a build into a custom shell, but I'm sure others would be able to speak to that better.

Freq phase is dependent upon the individual tube lengths from the BAs to the opening at the end of the IEM nozzle. Assuming InEarZ duplicates the length, the freq phase should be identical.

Apr 6, 2014 at 3:43 PM Post #4,933 of 8,377
Freq phase is dependent upon the individual tube lengths from the BAs to the opening at the end of the IEM nozzle. Assuming InEarZ duplicates the length, the freq phase should be identical.

But the CIEM variant should have sound bores much closer to the eardrum.  I get that the components also sit closer into the shell, but I guess another way of putting it is I would imagine there are differences between the universal and custom.

Apr 6, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #4,934 of 8,377
Which DAP pairs best with these ? I created a thread in the DAP forums, but figured I should post this here as well perhaps.

As the topic suggests, I have a pair of JH Roxanne's that I am currently using in conjunction with a Iphone5...I am a subscriber to Beats audio app and love it (this is similar to lose less music, correct?) and am looking to upgrade my dap to bring out the perfectness of the Roxanne's

I'm not a bass head per say, but I do like a strong bass presence, I like warm and detailed mids with accurate treble. I listen to primarily rock, oldies, hip hop, country, and modern (think billboard top 100) It would be nice to be able to use my beats app with whatever dap I get if possible. I've been considering the Ibasso Dx 100 and 50, the Fiio X5, and the AK100 or 120 (I'd love the 240 but don't want to spend that much) and the sony ZX 1.

Would anyone have any input or recommendations for me to look into? I am not sure I have even heard true lossless flac/WAV music before, and very much want to get the best audio experienced I can, for the $/performance ratio. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this and give any suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back