New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Mar 5, 2014 at 1:40 PM Post #4,156 of 8,377
I'm starting to enjoy and appreciate the sound more and more as well. I've decided that having the bass at 9 O'clock works best for me. I like a neutral FR and that seems to be the most neutral.  

Still have to send them back for a refit. Does anyone know if I should send the whole box or just the ear pieces? 

Mar 5, 2014 at 1:43 PM Post #4,157 of 8,377
It's actually a little bit of everything
L3000.gif

That's why I waited a full week, making sure my Roxanne logged more than 100 hours of burn in time before making a detailed impressions/comparison.

Glad your right ear adjusted to the fit.

Yeah - I've owned a ton of IEMs over the years, but this is my first time out with CIEMs and despite what I've read didn't expect this.  

Mar 5, 2014 at 1:45 PM Post #4,158 of 8,377
  I'm starting to enjoy and appreciate the sound more and more as well. I've decided that having the bass at 9 O'clock works best for me. I like a neutral FR and that seems to be the most neutral.  

Yeah, even at the supposedly 0dB bass level, the bass is still thick and slams hard. I not if this is due to a well extended FR at the low end. It sounds similar to the thickness and weight of the bass I heard on LCD-2.

Mar 5, 2014 at 2:01 PM Post #4,159 of 8,377
I can offer this regarding the k10 to Roxanne. Before I ordered the Roxanne I was intent on the buying the K10 .
So I emailed them as a way to understand the house sound of the iem. I own two hier audio iems one is 4AI
And the other is the 8A. I was told the K10 is modded close to the 8A. Now what does this mean. Well the one in have is not a close up presentation as the jh audio iems, are. It is the difference between the lcd3 and the HE6 . The LCD is the K10 and the He6 is the Roxanne . The K10 is for people who like the big stage sound of bands and especially classical.
And they sound great if that is what you want. I use them and add a 6 db boost across the whole spectrum above 400 hz .
I do this to compilation for the resesed mids and highs. If you read the thread that kunlin wrote he does explain about the concept. In the end after emails with the the new K10 the iem was not for me. But they do have iems with a different. Sound but I just went ahead and ordered the jh roxanne . I hope this clears things up. As they both are really good iem,s

Al

Yes I did . They are mid recessed and treble rolled off .

Al

I never said I heard the K10. It was done in emails
From the company representative. They ted me not to buy them
Based on what I told about my feelings
The 8A. So it's not me it's the company where I have my info from.
There was a 5 acrylic that was close tonjh16 sound.
So not to disagree with you but your info does not match there's

Anyway the bass on the heir is Really good beyond what a
Jh audio gives you.
Al

Thanks for clearing that up. When I read your first two posts about the K10's, I was surprised because as a K10 and 8.A owner, that is not what I hear at all. To me, they are totally different. The K10's are nothing like the 8.A. They are WAY better. I know this isn't a Noble thread, so I don't want to take it further off topic, but I think people reading your comments should know that you never heard the K10's.

When you said: 
"The K10 is for people who like the big stage sound of bands and especially classical.
And they sound great if that is what you want. I use them and add a 6 db boost across the whole spectrum above 400 hz .
I do this to compilation for the resesed mids and highs."

That sounds to me like you have the K10's and your comments are about the K10's. Now, after re-reading, I think you are talking about the 8.A's, not the K10's.

Back to the Roxanne's...

Mar 5, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #4,160 of 8,377
I received them few minutes ago 
biggrin.gif
  I am happy I changed my CF for Acrylite: now I can see inside what I paif for !

Isolation is very good and so far fit seems to be OK, but...I will need to get use to them because they are BIG in the ear. Much bigger than my Westone ! 

Very First listening impression is that BASS is already enough at minimum set-up, and I can't imagine going any further than 12 O'clock  ! what do you use for bass set-up ?

Question:  what is the purpose if the "Soft Wraps" that were included in the shipment ??

Mar 5, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #4,161 of 8,377
Hello all, this is my first post on head fi, I feel I owe it to you all for keeping me entertained for the last few months.
I ordered Rox  and a set of earplugs on 1/13 by phone with Corbyn she emailed 1/14 impers received. On 2/4 I emailed Corbyn asking for round case 2/5 got mail saying she would note my order with round case. On 3/4 late in the afternoon I live in Fabulous Las Vegas Nv PST I emailed Corbyn to make sure my earplugs were not holding up my order got an auto response back saying she was in se asia but would be checking in. Yesterday morning about 7:00 am pst I called JHA Amber told me my order was ready just waiting on cf case I said I was good with round, she said she would check with the lab and get back with me. In about 10 mins got email from Amber saying lab was making my case and order would be shipped. About 2:00pm got email from Corbyn saying she called in and my order was being shipped. I got a tracking # this morning for delivery today by 8:00pm.
Clear acrl
Clear wire
Order #129XX
Thanks all for the great read a lot of good info
Tim

Mar 5, 2014 at 2:05 PM Post #4,162 of 8,377

Perhaps, but I am bouncing it against my TG!334s every other day.

The first few days had the 334s sounding significantly more bright and punchy.  

334's mid is actually brighter and a lot more resolving than roxanne's, maybe that's the reason. 

I also got this dark, veiled sound on my roxanne. Hope it will improve over time, I am running it non-stop now. Right now JH13 FP has more resolution and transparency and JH16 non-FP has more overall clarity.

Mar 5, 2014 at 2:06 PM Post #4,163 of 8,377

Very First listening impression is that BASS is already enough at minimum set-up, and I can't imagine going any further than 12 O'clock  ! what do you use for bass set-up ?

I think you are on maximum bass like I mine when I received them.  turn it down:wink: 

Mar 5, 2014 at 2:57 PM Post #4,165 of 8,377
Mar 5, 2014 at 3:03 PM Post #4,166 of 8,377
  I received them few minutes ago 
biggrin.gif
  I am happy I changed my CF for Acrylite: now I can see inside what I paif for !

Isolation is very good and so far fit seems to be OK, but...I will need to get use to them because they are BIG in the ear. Much bigger than my Westone ! 

Question:  what is the purpose if the "Soft Wraps" that were included in the shipment ??

Congrats! Also, congrats on getting a good fit. 

Mine didn't include the soft wraps that were included with yours. I got mine about a week ago. That's odd. 

I could use them though to create a tighter seal 
biggrin.gif
 - it looks like they are to add some thickness in the ear canal. 

Mar 5, 2014 at 3:48 PM Post #4,167 of 8,377
  Hello all, this is my first post on head fi, I feel I owe it to you all for keeping me entertained for the last few months.
I ordered Rox  and a set of earplugs on 1/13 by phone with Corbyn she emailed 1/14 impers received. On 2/4 I emailed Corbyn asking for round case 2/5 got mail saying she would note my order with round case. On 3/4 late in the afternoon I live in Fabulous Las Vegas Nv PST I emailed Corbyn to make sure my earplugs were not holding up my order got an auto response back saying she was in se asia but would be checking in. Yesterday morning about 7:00 am pst I called JHA Amber told me my order was ready just waiting on cf case I said I was good with round, she said she would check with the lab and get back with me. In about 10 mins got email from Amber saying lab was making my case and order would be shipped. About 2:00pm got email from Corbyn saying she called in and my order was being shipped. I got a tracking # this morning for delivery today by 8:00pm.
Clear acrl
Clear wire
Order #129XX
Thanks all for the great read a lot of good info
Tim

Thanks Corbyn, for taking the time to register on the forum and for your very informative first post. 
biggrin.gif

Mar 5, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #4,168 of 8,377
Just got an email from fedex! It shipps!
Now what player should I get?
I am primarely thinking about the sony zx1 but I cant find a shop online that sells in europe (I am from Switzerland).
Or maybe X5?
Any suggestions?
I am not ready to pay for ak240...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back