New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Mar 3, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #4,038 of 8,377
so...my left monitor has four sound bore holes and my right has three.. Is this something I should worry about or is that something that happens depending on size of the monitor and I can take comfort that its tuned individualy anyway?

Not sure, maybe better email JH about it...maybe take some pics of it and send them in. (the pics that is)

Mar 3, 2014 at 7:12 PM Post #4,039 of 8,377
so...my left monitor has four sound bore holes and my right has three.. Is this something I should worry about or is that something that happens depending on size of the monitor and I can take comfort that its tuned individualy anyway?

They should only have three so it seems like they may have misdrilled one... each hole has a tube connected to it, and as long as the 3 are hooked up you should be good - only cosmetic.  Are yours translucent?

Mar 3, 2014 at 7:35 PM Post #4,041 of 8,377
Maybe they gave him extra drivers. Lmao. I am sure they will send him a replacement . Is it CF or acrylic ?

Ps I am changing my avatar.
Otto is this one ok. Or do you know Kenny G or miles Davis.
Al

Mar 3, 2014 at 8:16 PM Post #4,042 of 8,377
[/IMG]

Mar 3, 2014 at 9:08 PM Post #4,044 of 8,377
I wouldn't worry. I'd assume they drilled three and had to change the position of one, so drilled the fourth. So, you still have 3 driver holes coming through each side. The extra hole shouldn't affect anything. <---- my assumption only. I'd still call and ask them if all is well. 

Mar 3, 2014 at 9:23 PM Post #4,045 of 8,377
Does anyone have good advice for a successful refit?

I get a good seal but my right earpiece is slightly large to the point of being a bit uncomfy... JH Audio asked ot give specific info on where it's tight, but I can't for certain point to anything specific.  It feels like my jaw must have been slightly shifted when I took the impressions - just larger overall.

Mar 3, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #4,047 of 8,377
  Does anyone have good advice for a successful refit?

I get a good seal but my right earpiece is slightly large to the point of being a bit uncomfy... JH Audio asked ot give specific info on where it's tight, but I can't for certain point to anything specific.  It feels like my jaw must have been slightly shifted when I took the impressions - just larger overall.

Feel where the pain is coming from after use, then use JH Audio's online tool to identify the problem area.

Also - you sure you are inserting it correctly? Search it up on youtube for how to properly insert the IEM.

In the mean time, keep wearing them as long as you could even not listening. I had the same issue but it disappeared.

Mar 3, 2014 at 10:02 PM Post #4,048 of 8,377
FYI, if you have impression with JH, and ur current JH IEM is good fit, don't have to redo impression again. I use the same impression from my JH16FP build and still perfect this time for my Roxanne.

Mar 3, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #4,049 of 8,377
Feel where the pain is coming from after use, then use JH Audio's online tool to identify the problem area.

Also - you sure you are inserting it correctly? Search it up on youtube for how to properly insert the IEM.

In the mean time, keep wearing them as long as you could even not listening. I had the same issue but it disappeared.

Same thing happened to me with JH16. It's also the right ear where I had the soreness. But it disappeared after a week. However I never have that experience yet with Roxanne. It's been 2 weeks now. Give it some time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back