New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Mar 3, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #4,022 of 8,377
I suppose no one has heard both "universal" & custom version of roxxane?
I always thought about getting me a pair of custom IEM but thinking that I can't share such eargasm with anyone else but me is keep me away from customs ... and i've had TF10, shure 530 for too many years now... time for an upgrade. a best one at it. haha

Mar 3, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #4,023 of 8,377
I always thought about getting me a pair of custom IEM but thinking that I can't share such eargasm with anyone else but me is keep me away from customs ... and i've had TF10, shure 530 for too many years now... time for an upgrade. a best one at it. haha

Same sound signature, the universal has a harder time getting that good fit. If fit is not good, you could get harsh treble and a lack of body.

Mar 3, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #4,024 of 8,377

I have. They sound very similar apart from the ultimate bass experience due to the seal. I agree with z3r0day..The universal version is actually very big, so it's difficult to put them correctly in to your ears.

Mar 3, 2014 at 11:53 AM Post #4,027 of 8,377
One thing about the Roxanne is that the adjustable bass is actually a huge deal. People usually review the bass, midrange, treble, and characteristics such as soundstage separately, but fail to realize the fact that by adjusting the bass, loudness and tonal balance shifts dramatically, which changes the overall presentation of a piece of music completely.

Edit: Yea so if you wanna say that Roxanne is emotionless piece of garbage, and some other headphone is so much superior because of such and such, please evaluate each bass level separately.

Mar 3, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #4,030 of 8,377
I just received mine. Acyrlic non-cf case, silver cable. They are "bigger" by quite a bit then my JH13. Alot bigger actually. Fit is ok. No decision on that yet. It may take my ears a couple days to get used to them. Adjustable bass is pretty amazing. I waited just over 30 days from impressions received. Zero complaints regarding anything JHAudio. Good communication, great sound, great delivery. They are very revealing of source, thats pretty appearent in the first 2 minutes....edit- I also did not receive any tracking or heads up by FedEX...they just arrived....fantastic balance.. after 18 minutes of listening

Mar 3, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #4,031 of 8,377
I lurk but do not reply much. Give me a few post ,s and I will mispell more . Lmao.
What do you think of my avatar ? It's me and my family going on vacation. :D
Al

Mar 3, 2014 at 5:45 PM Post #4,032 of 8,377
Picked up my CF Roxanne CIEM's this morning from my audiologist.  With bass at max, listened only to a few minutes of the opening track of Gattaca (great soundtrack in all respects) on my iPhone 5S.  That's about how long it took to realize the excellence of this product.  As it should be, the presentation is awesome.  Beautiful all the way.  Over the next few days I'll try flacs on my ak100 and dx50, both amplified and not.  Hopefully will try balanced too at some point.  Highly recommended.

Mar 3, 2014 at 6:14 PM Post #4,033 of 8,377
Picked up my CF Roxanne CIEM's this morning from my audiologist.  With bass at max, listened only to a few minutes of the opening track of Gattaca (great soundtrack in all respects) on my iPhone 5S.  That's about how long it took to realize the excellence of this product.  As it should be, the presentation is awesome.  Beautiful all the way.  Over the next few days I'll try flacs on my ak100 and dx50, both amplified and not.  Hopefully will try balanced too at some point.  Highly recommended.

Congrats! Let us know how you think of them!

Mar 3, 2014 at 6:29 PM Post #4,034 of 8,377

Any chance you can post the photos of your CF Roxanne?
Some of the earlier photos of the CF ciem have less than stellar finishing, so wondering whether your's is much better.
Thanks

Mar 3, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #4,035 of 8,377
so...my left monitor has four sound bore holes and my right has three.. Is this something I should worry about or is that something that happens depending on size of the monitor and I can take comfort that its tuned individualy anyway?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back