New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Jan 26, 2014 at 6:12 AM Post #3,152 of 8,377
Apologies if this was covered, still trying to get through all the pages of this thread.

I wasn't sure how the the bass control would increase the bass signal above what's going into the cable through the mini plug.  I can see that Tocos trimpot there varying the resistance as a normal volume controller type application.  This would let you reduce the bass, with the IEM tuned for extreme bass is the absence of the bass controller.  Perhaps I'm missing something here.  Also, does anyone know if the bass controller has any influence on the signal going into the high-range input on the IEM, or do the wires for treble just pass through directly?

Jan 26, 2014 at 7:09 AM Post #3,153 of 8,377
Also, for you poor bastards with broken cables, does the Roxanne work OK without the nut?  Does the cable have enough retaining force to stay gripped in the socket?

Jan 26, 2014 at 7:27 AM Post #3,154 of 8,377
  Apologies if this was covered, still trying to get through all the pages of this thread.

I wasn't sure how the the bass control would increase the bass signal above what's going into the cable through the mini plug.  I can see that Tocos trimpot there varying the resistance as a normal volume controller type application.  This would let you reduce the bass, with the IEM tuned for extreme bass is the absence of the bass controller.  Perhaps I'm missing something here.  Also, does anyone know if the bass controller has any influence on the signal going into the high-range input on the IEM, or do the wires for treble just pass through directly?

From what I can tell (and this is the only thing that would make sense to me), the bass control is just a potentiometer in series with the bass driver. It shouldn't affect the signal to the other drivers, and contrary to what some people have said, it can only attenuate the bass, not increase it; the bass drivers are simply tuned to give +15dB unattenuated. There's no reason why you couldn't deliver even less bass than the stock minimum with a custom cable, but delivering more would not be possible without additional electronics upstream for boosting the signal.

Jan 26, 2014 at 7:31 AM Post #3,155 of 8,377
Well stated!  The part could be swapped for a Tocos 200 ohm easily if you wanted more bass attenuation.  By easily, I mean with lots of carving into plastic.  

Jan 26, 2014 at 9:38 AM Post #3,157 of 8,377
UPDATE about orders that have shipped. Per Corbyn on 1/21/14, the number of Roxanne's that had been completed were in the 20-30 range. I'm sitting at 105 and I ordered on BF.

It is anyone's guess as to that actual ship date from here.

Jan 26, 2014 at 9:57 AM Post #3,158 of 8,377
  That's a very good question.  One that we all want answered.  I would guess, some things/answers will shake out this week or next when the new CF ovens get up and running.  Nobody even has an estimate on the total number of orders that are backlogged (could be several hundred).  By the posts on this site, there maybe only about 6-10 delivered Roxanne's in total.

I don't want to scare you off, because Roxanne is awesome and worth the wait.  But it may be a while.

Would not scare me off but It does stop me from putting in an order down until they rectify the issues that should never off occurred in the first place to general release and have cleared the back log so I know it is back to their normal turnaround times, so could be months by the looks of it.  

If this is a step up from the JH16's then it will be worth the wait and if it is a few months so be it, but I am just disappointed to come back to a JHA thread (first time since 16pro thread days) with the company still not organised with the way they develop their products before release, they sure do like to give themselves headaches.  Jerry has to look at his business procedures to avoid this occurring with future model releases which I am sure he must be doing once he sorts out these issues as one of the best ciem company's around or not, it cannot keep happening with every model that get's released as that's a slow recipe to cook your reputation as a company and affect sales if this has not already which would be a shame as they have a good branding to their company that compliments their actual delivery of sound quality in a product otherwise.  

Await patiently like everyone else and hope those who already have been waiting for ages with money down get's theirs soon.

Jan 26, 2014 at 9:58 AM Post #3,159 of 8,377
Jan 26, 2014 at 10:08 AM Post #3,160 of 8,377
UPDATE about orders that have shipped. Per Corbyn on 1/21/14, the number of Roxanne's that had been completed were in the 20-30 range. I'm sitting at 105 and I ordered on BF.

It is anyone's guess as to that actual ship date from here.

Are those CF orders only? In any case the progress is even slower than I expected..

Jan 26, 2014 at 10:17 AM Post #3,162 of 8,377
I have good feeling about next shipping CF Roxanne!!! 

biggrin.gif

They should have new CF oven...

Jan 26, 2014 at 10:31 AM Post #3,165 of 8,377
Hmm, correct me if im wrong but fit issues usually affect frequency response rather than soundstage.
It seems more like the effect from the change of driver placements?

If the sound changes, it usually means that bore placement is the issue so everything is affected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back