New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Dec 2, 2013 at 10:31 AM Post #976 of 8,377
You mean pics of his right ear with blisters?

As long as he can listen to music it's all good
smily_headphones1.gif
  Not everyone is attractive
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 2, 2013 at 10:40 AM Post #977 of 8,377

As long as he can listen to music it's all good
smily_headphones1.gif
  Not everyone is attractive
evil_smiley.gif

I always thought I had pretty ears, but Grzegorz kept telling me that I have a very "unique" right ear. :p

Dec 2, 2013 at 11:32 AM Post #978 of 8,377
My doctor told me my right ear was bent all funny. It should be interesting getting impressions done. We'll see how it turns out.

Dec 2, 2013 at 12:13 PM Post #979 of 8,377
It might be better but it's dedicated for JH CIEM only, and only 16 is work with the 3A now, not sure when the Roxanne to be able to use with it.
shall wait and see how the jh3a turn out....if its really good will switch my predator for it!

I was told it would work and I plan to review this exact combo. To recap: JH3A/J16P vs Roxanne vs Roxanne/3A etc.

Dec 2, 2013 at 3:13 PM Post #981 of 8,377
Does JH audio send out a email when they send the CIEMs?  YES
DOes JH audio send out a email when the start to produce the CIEMs? NO

Dec 2, 2013 at 4:14 PM Post #983 of 8,377
I dun think its actually sample for sg....but becoz of a event in singapore...jh is one of the exhibitor thus there will be a demo of it....will update u guys next week on a mini review once i try it!

Dec 2, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #984 of 8,377
Done !    Finally, I ordered the JH Roxane Custom IEM (carbon fibeer version ! )  
biggrin.gif
  Thanks for your advices.

and now...

1 - I need to explain this to my wife ! 
rolleyes.gif

2 - I will need to find a capable audiologist in BELGIUM !

Dec 2, 2013 at 6:13 PM Post #986 of 8,377
  remember, open mouth impressions :)

Yep.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/470450/custom-iem-impressions-gone-wrong#post_6372502

Note that the picture in the above post implies that open-mouthed impressions lack 'retention' ability in the ear canal, but this totally overlooks the issue of effective seal, and also does not apply to CIEMs because CIEMs fill a larger proportion of the helix of the ear, thus locking them securely in place in the ear.

The reason I linked the post is more for the text therein, rather than the picture.

It's already been linked in this Roxanne thread, but just for those who are new to the thread and haven't read the preceding pages, there is also a lot of info here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/578855/things-to-consider-before-getting-your-custom-iem-impressions-done-the-perfect-fit

Dec 2, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #987 of 8,377
  remember, open mouth impressions :)

" open mouth ": may be not in fact !

Indeed, I don't sing with my IEM, I am not a rock star, I just use my IEM to listen quitefullly to my music.  

--> So, should't instead make the imprint in the same position as when I will use the IEM ? : relax in a sofa, with the JAW relax and teeth not joined but mouth closed?

Dec 2, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #988 of 8,377

" open mouth ": may be not in fact !

Indeed, I don't sing with my IEM, I am not a rock star, I just use my IEM to listen quitefullly to my music.  

--> So, should't instead make the imprint in the same position as when I will use the IEM ? : relax in a sofa, with the JAW relax and teeth not joined but mouth closed?

Since I am not a professional I can't give you a correct answer but I definitely recommend you to do an open mouth impression. I did a closed mouth impression for the first time and ended up visiting  second audiologist. This time I had my mouth open and I really recommend you to do an open mouth impression because my JH16 fit perfect at the moment.

Dec 2, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #990 of 8,377
They confirmed to me that they can use my old ear impressions.

So....just placed order too.....I hate myself... 
triportsad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back