New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
May 25, 2014 at 2:32 AM Post #5,791 of 8,377
  JH customer service is still not improved. I pm them on FB, no respond, email them and still repeating the phase " We are sorry for the delay, we are working at our best. We will update you asap". OMG. I dont know when my Roxanne will arrive. I ordered 3 months ago with normal acrylic option.

If you don't care much about the CF case you can tell them to ship your Roxanne with the metal round case. Your acrylic Roxanne is most like done and it's just on hold waiting for the CF case.

May 25, 2014 at 3:45 AM Post #5,792 of 8,377
JH customer service is still not improved. I pm them on FB, no respond, email them and still repeating the phase " We are sorry for the delay, we are working at our best. We will update you asap". OMG. I dont know when my Roxanne will arrive. I ordered 3 months ago with normal acrylic option.

I ordered about 2 month ago with a few other people, acrylic version, others went for diffrent models. I think most of them received theirs. It is either Roxannes being more complicated or carbon fibre case indeed, what is slowing it down.

May 25, 2014 at 3:48 AM Post #5,793 of 8,377

Did anyone else's acrylics take longer than the quoted 55 days?

May 25, 2014 at 4:37 AM Post #5,794 of 8,377
If you don't care much about the CF case you can tell them to ship your Roxanne with the metal round case. Your acrylic Roxanne is most like done and it's just on hold waiting for the CF case.

That metal round case is lovely. I intend to have some of my ashes kept in it when I snuff it. It's quite tight on my 13's though. Don't think the Rox would fit. Thicker cable bass controller.

May 25, 2014 at 4:43 AM Post #5,795 of 8,377
That metal round case is lovely. I intend to have some of my ashes kept in it when I snuff it. It's quite tight on my 13's though. Don't think the Rox would fit. Thicker cable bass controller.

I have the Roxanne and use the round metal case with the moisture absorbent pillow JH is also selling in it. Yes it's tight, you just need to roll the cables neatly. But it fits. It's more functional as a case on the road than the CF case.

BTW, my cable is only 1.2m. If I go for the longer cable it will still fit but without the pillow.

May 25, 2014 at 5:46 AM Post #5,796 of 8,377
Hi guys can I just check. Is it possible to reshell a custom roxanne while maintaining the same sound as the original with a third party audio company? As what I havr heard some people claim that freq phase cannot be copied by a another campany as it is unique to jh. However some people claim that freq phase is a technology that other company have but just have a different name. I am struggling whether to buy a second hand custom and reshell will null audio or just go with the universal

May 25, 2014 at 6:28 AM Post #5,797 of 8,377
Hi guys can I just check. Is it possible to reshell a custom roxanne while maintaining the same sound as the original with a third party audio company? As what I havr heard some people claim that freq phase cannot be copied by a another campany as it is unique to jh. However some people claim that freq phase is a technology that other company have but just have a different name. I am struggling whether to buy a second hand custom and reshell will null audio or just go with the universal

I think freqphase is simply the length of the acoustic tube, what makes it hard would probably be the socket

May 26, 2014 at 2:07 PM Post #5,799 of 8,377

I seem to remember reading that both Cosmic Ears AND fisher inearz have reshelled jh13 freqphases (or at least able to). For more confirmation you would be better off popping into the relevant threads and asking there.  As for reshelling roxanne unknown.

May 26, 2014 at 4:09 PM Post #5,802 of 8,377
they didn't change anything but the shell so how can the sound change?
all internals were exactly same as before as i measured before and after each tube length, plus kaysen confirmed they didn't change anything.

May 26, 2014 at 5:41 PM Post #5,804 of 8,377

toxic cable for roxanne haha
someone sent his cable in to dismantle

It's not something we offer as it was clearly stated where i posted this picture. This is something we put together for someone so that we can get feedback on it, aswell as seeing what we are capable of doing, in this case we integrated the bass dials in to the Kobiconn plug. Roxanne cables will not be offered for sale until the actual connectors are made available, if that should happen.

May 26, 2014 at 6:27 PM Post #5,805 of 8,377
Fair enough. Just asking!

I would have thought any resheller would have to be very careful with driver placement in relation to the tube as well as the circumference of the tubes themselves (aside from tube length).  Otherwise I wouldn't be surprised if you could change the SQ somewhat. Not saying it does, just that I wouldn't be surprised.  Having said that, it wouldn't stop me from looking into buying used and having them re-shelled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back