New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Apr 21, 2014 at 9:31 AM Post #5,147 of 8,377
Here are a couple pics of the universals jic anyone is interested.

*one's I got through the authorized distributor in South Korea.

*dat case! more like a jewelry case lol.

*cable comparison. Roxanne cables on the left, regular 2-pin on the right.

Nice to see that they are including multiple tip types. Mine from ALO came with only one pair of installed tips. An email to ALO went unanswered. I will check with JHA to see if I can get the complete set of tips.

Apr 21, 2014 at 10:13 AM Post #5,150 of 8,377
Apr 21, 2014 at 10:21 AM Post #5,151 of 8,377
No such thing as a normal tip anymore.  Looks like the Shure/Westone type tips?

The Shure ones the stem is too narrow to fit over the much thicker nozzle of the Roxannes. I ordered a sampler pack of Monster tips from Amazon and they fit. The ones for Hifiman IEMs fit but the stem is actually a bit too large making it likely the tips will remain in your ears when you pull out the IEMs

Apr 21, 2014 at 9:01 PM Post #5,152 of 8,377
  No such thing as a normal tip anymore.  Looks like the Shure/Westone type tips?

Nope they are a lot wider. They should be 400 in comply size. Shure/Westone would be 100.
Nice to see that they are including multiple tip types. Mine from ALO came with only one pair of installed tips. An email to ALO went unanswered. I will check with JHA to see if I can get the complete set of tips.

Didn't really like any of the tips. So I'll be trying monster and a couple others when they get to me.

Apr 21, 2014 at 10:07 PM Post #5,153 of 8,377
  Nope they are a lot wider. They should be 400 in comply size. Shure/Westone would be 100.
Didn't really like any of the tips. So I'll be trying monster and a couple others when they get to me.

Can you share what other tips you will be getting. I did not like the Monster tips (did not give a good seal with these IEMs) so I am still looking for some tips.

Apr 21, 2014 at 10:36 PM Post #5,154 of 8,377

Can you share what other tips you will be getting. I did not like the Monster tips (did not give a good seal with these IEMs) so I am still looking for some tips.

I am a fan of foam tips but the comply one's that came with the Roxannes are just ok to me. I believe they are the T-400. I will be trying the TX-400 and see how those are different. I will be trying Monster foam as well as gel. A few others are Bluecell foam tips, Veritas foam tips, and Squish Fit foam. Wish they had the Westone true-fit foam tips or Shure olives in this size. I like the sound of some silicone best but can not compare to isolation on foams and isolation is top priority for me so that's why I stick with foam. If I were to use silicone I use the one's I got with the T-Peos hybrids. My favorite silicone tips so far. They're similar if not the same as the one's that come with Sony hybrids or Heir Audio IEMs.

Apr 22, 2014 at 12:01 AM Post #5,155 of 8,377

Interesting.  The nozzle must look a lot thinner because of the size of the shell.

Apr 22, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #5,157 of 8,377
I am a fan of foam tips but the comply one's that came with the Roxannes are just ok to me. I believe they are the T-400. I will be trying the TX-400 and see how those are different. I will be trying Monster foam as well as gel. A few others are Bluecell foam tips, Veritas foam tips, and Squish Fit foam. Wish they had the Westone true-fit foam tips or Shure olives in this size. I like the sound of some silicone best but can not compare to isolation on foams and isolation is top priority for me so that's why I stick with foam. If I were to use silicone I use the one's I got with the T-Peos hybrids. My favorite silicone tips so far. They're similar if not the same as the one's that come with Sony hybrids or Heir Audio IEMs.

The one pair that came with my Roxannes was silicone not comply foam. For me the bass was boomy and impacted the mids even at the lowest setting of cable bass dials. I am getting much better control in the bass with the gel Monsters but I am getting some sibilance so I am still looking. Ordered some Sony IEM replacement tips.

Apr 22, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #5,159 of 8,377
The one pair that came with my Roxannes was silicone not comply foam. For me the bass was boomy and impacted the mids even at the lowest setting of cable bass dials. I am getting much better control in the bass with the gel Monsters but I am getting some sibilance so I am still looking. Ordered some Sony IEM replacement tips.

Don't know if this will help, but I've used a lot of Comply's, and with some iems I found that going a size smaller than you would normally get and getting deeper insertion helps with bass control while maintaining clarity in the upper end.  My 2 cents!

Apr 22, 2014 at 10:21 PM Post #5,160 of 8,377
  Don't know if this will help, but I've used a lot of Comply's, and with some iems I found that going a size smaller than you would normally get and getting deeper insertion helps with bass control while maintaining clarity in the upper end.  My 2 cents!

Hmm...I'll try that but I doubt it will be big enough to isolate as much as the larger size. Insertion only goes so far...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back