New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Dec 15, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #1,501 of 8,377
Well it's water under the bridge it was a six month affair to be turned down. Pics first . Then impressions and pics and then mail the impressions . And at the end no . He said they would stick out to far. I said I did not care . Then he said they would not sound correct. He did offer a lesser model. He is a really good guy to go through all of that and no sail.

To be honest, I trust his decisions and how it feels about the project and I have perfect experience with him, so as I said, if he didn't believe it wouldn't be as good as the SE5way he dreamed, it is better not to make it then the sound you will get will not be as good as what it is supposed to be.

The process is same for everybody, we also used the same protocol so it is not something special case for you.

While I agree with many users, SE5way is just something pretty unmatchable, it doesn't mean all other monitors are crap. There are plenty of nice things out there, it is best to decide what kind of sound signature you are looking for, then choose a monitor in that sense. For example if you like JH's sound so much, I am not even sure you would be happy with SE5way. JH is rather cold, analytical apparently. Quite bright too. I would call SE5way slightly warm-ish, very rich and organic. Kind of opposite or something like that.

Anyway I believe we shouldn't derail the thread with SE5way, since people are waiting for Roxanne impressions
beerchug.gif

Dec 15, 2013 at 2:07 PM Post #1,502 of 8,377
Yes long live the Roxanne and thanks for the input. I think I am just a spoiled pig in this anyway. Enjoy them. And thanks

Dec 15, 2013 at 3:54 PM Post #1,505 of 8,377
[It will be the day after you leave to go away on business , or vacation , or move. It is general how it goes for me. I own a home in NYC and in North Carolina. The Moment I leave for one that's when the package comes to the other house.

I needed fuses from ps audio for my Pwd mkii. And guess where they went ?? Not here . I did not know they even had the other address. Lol

Dec 15, 2013 at 8:17 PM Post #1,507 of 8,377
  According to JH that the Roxanne (both customs and universal) is delayed because of the cable manufacturing. I wonder when my universal Roxanne will arrive.

This is true. Jerry confirmed himself at the Mook event. The cable is thicker than the usual CIEM cable when I tried out the Roxanne obviously due to the additional conductor. Someone mentioned the cable is also a silver-plated copper not just pure copper.

They have no issue making the Roxanne so the first batch of orders should be shipped soon as the cable arrives. Hopefully soon and should not affect BF sale orders which are expected to ship mid to end of January.

Dec 15, 2013 at 8:40 PM Post #1,508 of 8,377

This is true. Jerry confirmed himself at the Mook event. The cable is thicker than the usual CIEM cable when I tried out the Roxanne obviously due to the additional conductor. Someone mentioned the cable is also a silver-plated copper not just pure copper.

They have no issue making the Roxanne so the first batch of orders should be shipped soon as the cable arrives. Hopefully soon and should not affect BF sale orders which are expected to ship mid to end of January.

I asked when the 1st batch to be deliver.. he say 16 Dec. I'm crossing my finger and hope got the tracking today 
popcorn.gif

Dec 15, 2013 at 9:40 PM Post #1,509 of 8,377

To be honest, I trust his decisions and how it feels about the project and I have perfect experience with him, so as I said, if he didn't believe it wouldn't be as good as the SE5way he dreamed, it is better not to make it then the sound you will get will not be as good as what it is supposed to be.

The process is same for everybody, we also used the same protocol so it is not something special case for you.

While I agree with many users, SE5way is just something pretty unmatchable, it doesn't mean all other monitors are crap. There are plenty of nice things out there, it is best to decide what kind of sound signature you are looking for, then choose a monitor in that sense. For example if you like JH's sound so much, I am not even sure you would be happy with SE5way. JH is rather cold, analytical apparently. Quite bright too. I would call SE5way slightly warm-ish, very rich and organic. Kind of opposite or something like that.

Anyway I believe we shouldn't derail the thread with SE5way, since people are waiting for Roxanne impressions
beerchug.gif

Great way to steer the thread.  By the way, Jerry also confirmed that we can also have customizations (face plate, shell color) with the universal Roxanne, but no CF shell since he said the nozzle is too small for CF.  He didn't say it's impossible. He only said that it won't be possible for now.

Dec 15, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #1,510 of 8,377
You know I got the Roxanne in CF. And the truth is I should of got a custom color acrylic Oh well I got caught up in the moment.

Dec 15, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #1,511 of 8,377
You know I got the Roxanne in CF. And the truth is I should of got a custom color acrylic Oh well I got caught up in the moment.

If you email them (or call them actually would be better I think) they may be able to change your order...may still be time for a change.  Wont know unless you ask right?

Dec 15, 2013 at 10:03 PM Post #1,512 of 8,377
That is true but the cf is a style I do not have after all. But thanks for the idea.

Dec 15, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #1,513 of 8,377
Heck, I just thought of something, calling them and saying you want to change your order would be a good way to see how far along they are with it...
very_evil_smiley.gif
 Heh...

Dec 15, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #1,515 of 8,377
Yes I am dying to know where I am on the list , I ordered the last week of October . We will see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back