New Jecklin Float QA !!!
Dec 23, 2016 at 4:08 PM Post #677 of 740
It would be nice to have Transdyn as a generally available filter (in software or hardware). I would be curious how would it change the sound of all cans out there. Maybe it's more important than the headphone or energizer discussed here.

Dec 24, 2016 at 5:28 AM Post #678 of 740
Hope the Transdyn is not a process usable only for QAFloat/Transdyn configuration it would be nice to use it in Stax matched amps .Through Transdyn process 2d becomes 3d (the actual presentation) and purity and clarity increases significantly.When Transdyn not activated the QA/Float plays already on the very top but the Transdyn process heightens it way beyond anything i have heard.

I like to say it's towards cinema sound without falling apart ,the view in the presentation remains as with other phones but everything just appear double sized.

The Transdyn is a process wich also separates recordings in good and inferior it doesn't make unsuccessful recordings good they actually sound horrible.I like that this combo is not build up with tubes to make it bloom and sound pleasant ,no tube rolling hear just the "truth",the Transdyn/QAFloat is more likely a system to cover up raw material.For instance i have a live recording from 1975 ,with Stax headphones i detected on the background pops here and there but with Transdyn/QAFloat i know it's the BASF master tape wich got dirty .

Dec 28, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #680 of 740
That sounds really nice. Is there much of a sacrifice on the low end/bass from even a Stax system?

Is using passive supply a major downgrade in sound quality?

I think there is only one seller in the US of this system - Stereodesk.

Dec 28, 2016 at 3:17 PM Post #681 of 740
That sounds really nice. Is there much of a sacrifice on the low end/bass from even a Stax system?

Is using passive supply a major downgrade in sound quality?

I think there is only one seller in the US of this system - Stereodesk.

The Float cannot produce low bass only good midbass and upper bass but somehow you are not missing bass when listening.The Float is quite full sounding and little bit like the old Orpheus but from midrange to highs more flat,balanced and clear.On the youtube video you hear music wich doesn't have bass at all and you get the impression that the Float is not full sounding,the Float sounds exactly how you feed it , with smooth music it sounds smooth .Overall the Float is warmer and fuller than any latest Stax.

Staxes can produce more bass no question about it but Staxes don't reach Float in anything else.The latest Staxes sound a little bit artificial in direct comparison to Float.You can run STAX-009 with big fat tube amps and adjust the sound and feel comfortable i don't like to go this path.Listening to Float is a real life like experience and i hope somebody can show Float/Transdyn combo at next Canjam.Not heard the passive supply but think the active Transdyn is a good upgrade .

Dec 28, 2016 at 3:31 PM Post #682 of 740
It's definitely one of the most unique systems out there along with the Taket H2+. The Taket seems even more picky with amplification though.

Is it fairly comfortable despite the design?

I actually just ordered the Precide Ergo 2 more out of curiosity than anything else. It's not that expensive and a high end amp is not essential so low risk.

Jan 8, 2017 at 7:53 AM Post #683 of 740
  Instructions for a ordinary headphone or a door to nirvana.The FloatQA/Transdyn is a very sensitive device and you have to see it as a unit,it makes no sense to evaluate QA Float as a stand alone unit.

Instruction 1.
if you just like a ordinary phone throw the Float on your head and plug it to Transdyn nothing special here average phone and headstage no sonic bliss.

Instruction 2.
If you follow these advices you open the door to nirvana.The Float transducer must have a 180° line with your head and ears.The ear position is exactly in the center of the transducer you can adjust it with the headbands.The driver should not touch your ears or only slightly this is the right geometric to use this phone .The Transdyn amp has 2x60w 8 Ohm with nearly no distortion and you should feed the amp with the purest signal you get.I had to hook all my power conditioners to the chain.Every single move you will hear clearly is it a USB cable or SSD or hard drive you hear it all.If you manage to get a pure signal the QAFloat/Transdyn will reward you as the purest and best headphone experience.

If you thought that Stax SR-009 is a microscope or a clean window it's not until you hear the Float.The Float is the cleanest transducer i know and i have heard or owned the best other out there.The Float is the Hubble microscope wich allows to hear the masterband hiss clearly be warned here on old recordings.The Float is so clean and flat that you can't hear harshness on any frequencies from top to bottom.The QA Float cannot produce good midbass or lower bass but this doesn't bother because you hardly notice it when listening.

The Float is pure neutrality where SR-009 is on the cold side of neutral and HE-90 on the warm side.The SR-Omega 1 is neutral but doesn't own this ultimate purity.Headstage is 20-30% larger than what you get from the headstage king HD-800.Positioning of instruments is on the level of HD-800 where the HE-90 is slightly diffuse, the SR-Omega1 is the only stat wich comes close.

Gestalt/body/chest a feature wich you can only hear with loudspeakers is present with Float,no other phone i have heard can produce it.For instance a singer,you perceive on better phones a head where the voice is coming from with Float you hear the voice coming from a human being with body /aura and chest the same with brass instruments you get the size and material from the instruments that's feeling of Gestalt.Church bells and cymbals you have probably never heard this real you know now the material and how it sounds.The Transdyn process should be activated otherwise you don't reach this point.
Is this raving? i don't know but i am a happy owner

Hello Thinker, thanks for your  detailed description of how your new Jecklin Floats sound. I used to play most of my music via the old Jecklin Floats for many years and apart from the weak bass they were the most transparent headphones in the important midrange  and treble  regions for me. But mine  became non functional and with the arrival first of the HD 650 and then HD800 which both had much  better bass I did not miss my Jecklin Floats too much after a while. But since a few years I also listen a lot to music via electrostatic speakers and I am beginning to think of reviving my old Jecklin floats or buy the new ones.
Did you hear the old ones at all?
If so, what are the main differences in your opinion, between the old and new Jecklin Floats?
I listen mainly to hi res classical recordings which means I am very interested to hear how "Wagnertauglich" the new ones really are.

Jan 8, 2017 at 8:50 AM Post #684 of 740

Hello Thinker, thanks for your  detailed description of how your new Jecklin Floats sound. I used to play most of my music via the old Jecklin Floats for many years and apart from the weak bass they were the most transparent headphones in the important midrange  and treble  regions for me. But mine  became non functional and with the arrival first of the HD 650 and then HD800 which both had much  better bass I did not miss my Jecklin Floats too much after a while. But since a few years I also listen a lot to music via electrostatic speakers and I am beginning to think of reviving my old Jecklin floats or buy the new ones.
Did you hear the old ones at all?
If so, what are the main differences in your opinion, between the old and new Jecklin Floats?
I listen mainly to hi res classical recordings which means I am very interested to hear how "Wagnertauglich" the new ones really are.

Cannot comment on the old Jeclin Floats haven't heard them.Manfred from QA said they have improved the new one quite a bit.Now after 100 hours of listening to these there is nothing to add to my comments i won't get deep bass only average midbass from Floats still it remains as one of the best headphones systemsThe way Floats present music is unique ,llife like.Still loving my Staxes if you own a good Stax system there is no particular reason to upgrade it to Floats .I rate the Floats above any dynamic headphone HD-800 etc.I think hi res classical is excellent match with Floats.

Jan 9, 2017 at 7:05 AM Post #685 of 740

Cannot comment on the old Jeclin Floats haven't heard them.Manfred from QA said they have improved the new one quite a bit.Now after 100 hours of listening to these there is nothing to add to my comments i won't get deep bass only average midbass from Floats still it remains as one of the best headphones systemsThe way Floats present music is unique ,llife like.Still loving my Staxes if you own a good Stax system there is no particular reason to upgrade it to Floats .I rate the Floats above any dynamic headphone HD-800 etc.I think hi res classical is excellent match with Floats.

Thanks again thinker,
I am since some years using the HD800 when travelling in Asia during European  winters.
But can still remember the uncanny soundstage and resolution of my old Jecklin Floats with  direct cut LPs of classical music. In some respects they still rival any digital via my electrostatic speakers back home. But electrostatic headphones don´t travel well so a new pair of Floats would be for home use only.
Do they supply any measurmens at all like  frequency response and such for  the new ones?
I have been unable to find any technical information or data at all.

Jan 21, 2017 at 6:47 AM Post #688 of 740
  On the other forum Spritzer said   "Ahhh the Jecklin QA... we really need to take one of those apart.  Some ****tard on HF is talking them up now but nobody is listening... 

Actually i don't care what this golden ear fatman from Iceland is calling me maybe he is a good baker i don't know

I think a re-think is in order.
Just because something "sounds good" doeesn't mean it is engineered good.    
blink.gif

Jan 21, 2017 at 10:04 AM Post #689 of 740
All that I see on the website about any improvement from the old model is that the new stepup transformers are bigger and heavier, and will improve the bass of old Floats as well. Given "thinker" 's impressions on the sound of the QA with his golden ears, it doesn't seem like the bass or anything else has improved at all from the old Float. But it does have a new and improved price, and only another few thousand dollars/euros for a chip amp with loudness control.

Jan 21, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #690 of 740
All that I see on the website about any improvement from the old model is that the new stepup transformers are bigger and heavier, and will improve the bass of old Floats as well. Given "thinker" 's impressions on the sound of the QA with his golden ears, it doesn't seem like the bass or anything else has improved at all from the old Float. But it does have a new and improved price, and only another few thousand dollars/euros for a chip amp with loudness control.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back