New iRiver AK70
Mar 19, 2017 at 1:41 AM Post #1,008 of 1,293
  Could you please share the link where Zx2 is available at 600$

It is a demo sale in our Sony showroom in the country :)
I already left the showroom yesterday, so probably a lucky guy will take the deal anytime now.

Mar 21, 2017 at 5:14 AM Post #1,009 of 1,293
  I got a charging question:
My AK70 is connected to my Chord Mojo via a very short microUSB to microUSB cable.
It is a pain in the butt to re-plug this short cable every time after charging...  
mad.gif

Is there a way to charge the Mojo and AK70 while still being connected to each other?
The Mojo (very conveniently) has a separate microUSB for charging and microUSB for data-in.  Unfortunately the AK70 does not...

I wish the Mojo would have charged the AK70 through the microUSB cable.

Any smart ideas?!

Assuming the mojo does not require a connection on the power pins to signal a connection or something, yes, you could DIY a cable that connects the data pins from the Mojo to the AK, then have a split to a standard USB Type A Male or Micro B female for the power wires to the AK.  You could technically make a cable that charges both at the same time as well, if you wire in a micro USB to the mojo and then have it connect to a single standard USB Type A Male, but it would be more complicated and require a high amperage charger.  

BTW if this solution doesn't work (it doesn't on some android devices) it might be possible by adding a resistor.  It would require some work on your part either way, and there is no cable I have seen for purchase that will do this but it is possible they are out there.

Mar 21, 2017 at 7:33 AM Post #1,010 of 1,293

I got a charging question:
My AK70 is connected to my Chord Mojo via a very short microUSB to microUSB cable.
It is a pain in the butt to re-plug this short cable every time after charging...  
mad.gif

Is there a way to charge the Mojo and AK70 while still being connected to each other?
The Mojo (very conveniently) has a separate microUSB for charging and microUSB for data-in.  Unfortunately the AK70 does not...

I wish the Mojo would have charged the AK70 through the microUSB cable.

Any smart ideas?!

Assuming the mojo does not require a connection on the power pins to signal a connection or something, yes, you could DIY a cable that connects the data pins from the Mojo to the AK, then have a split to a standard USB Type A Male or Micro B female for the power wires to the AK.  You could technically make a cable that charges both at the same time as well, if you wire in a micro USB to the mojo and then have it connect to a single standard USB Type A Male, but it would be more complicated and require a high amperage charger.  

BTW if this solution doesn't work (it doesn't on some android devices) it might be possible by adding a resistor.  It would require some work on your part either way, and there is no cable I have seen for purchase that will do this but it is possible they are out there.

Mojo needs the power pin to switch to USB input.

Mar 21, 2017 at 8:05 AM Post #1,011 of 1,293
  Mojo needs the power pin to switch to USB input.

Ah that's what I was worried about.  Still possible but that makes it much more complicated, and probably not worth it.

Mar 22, 2017 at 5:08 PM Post #1,012 of 1,293
  Ah that's what I was worried about.  Still possible but that makes it much more complicated, and probably not worth it.

I see.  Thanks.

Mar 23, 2017 at 3:51 AM Post #1,013 of 1,293
have an issue plugged my AK70 into windows 10 and windows wont install the mtp driver so i can see the Ak70 so i can drag and drop music across to it.
Any ideas or pointers to driver updates etc thank you

I solved this by clicking on the let windows search for a driver dialog and when it fails then select choose from a list. The android driver was listed and it immediately recognised the AK.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Mar 25, 2017 at 11:09 PM Post #1,014 of 1,293
Quick question to the experts:
Since the AK70 does NOT support a FLAC image (confirmed by AK tech support), but only FLAC tracks - is there a utility out there to convert (without any quality loss) a FLAC image into FLAC individual tracks?

I know an image with CUE file can be played as a playlist, but since I mostly play by folder - I really want to convert my collection of FLAC images into FLAC tracks...

Thanks in advance!

Mar 26, 2017 at 3:30 AM Post #1,015 of 1,293
if you're on mac, XLD does the job easily

Mar 27, 2017 at 1:03 AM Post #1,017 of 1,293
  Quick question to the experts:
Since the AK70 does NOT support a FLAC image (confirmed by AK tech support), but only FLAC tracks - is there a utility out there to convert (without any quality loss) a FLAC image into FLAC individual tracks?

I know an image with CUE file can be played as a playlist, but since I mostly play by folder - I really want to convert my collection of FLAC images into FLAC tracks...

Thanks in advance!

If you are Windows medieval cue splitter.

It is not safe to use Medieval CUE Splitter as it is known to have issues related to track boundaries.
For more information you can read here: https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,84209.0.html

You can use Foobar2k safely to split a single FLAC into individual tracks using a CUE sheet.
CUETools is another good option.

Mar 27, 2017 at 8:04 AM Post #1,018 of 1,293
It is not safe to use Medieval CUE Splitter as it is known to have issues related to track boundaries.

For more information you can read here: https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,84209.0.html

You can use Foobar2k safely to split a single FLAC into individual tracks using a CUE sheet.

CUETools is another good option.

Cue splitter has been fine for most of my cue files, but fails with some. Yes I have found foobar to work fine with files cue splitter can't handle.

Mar 27, 2017 at 1:24 PM Post #1,019 of 1,293
I'd love to hear from anyone else who looked into the compatibility of 200GB microSD cards.  The only mention I can find is earlier in the thread of someone who seemed to find that the AK70 stopped reading after 140GB, but since there is no sequential order of the data I wonder how that can be true--unless it just randomly misses data after the card is filled over 140GB.

In fact, I have never heard a clear explanation from manufacturer or user about any of this SD size limit business, namely whether there is really any technical basis to the limits since they too often mean bupkis (least of all because they depends on the largest available SD sizes at time of writing technical specs).

Mar 27, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #1,020 of 1,293
  I'd love to hear from anyone else who looked into the compatibility of 200GB microSD cards.  The only mention I can find is earlier in the thread of someone who seemed to find that the AK70 stopped reading after 140GB, but since there is no sequential order of the data I wonder how that can be true--unless it just randomly misses data after the card is filled over 140GB.

In fact, I have never heard a clear explanation from manufacturer or user about any of this SD size limit business, namely whether there is really any technical basis to the limits since they too often mean bupkis (least of all because they depends on the largest available SD sizes at time of writing technical specs).

I was wondering this too. Especially since their official facebook page recently had a pic of a 256gb card sitting next to an AK70 here: http://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/photos/a.137176109769753.32240.121274494693248/786818098138881/?type=3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back