New iRiver AK70
Nov 5, 2016 at 8:27 PM Post #740 of 1,293
Nice little player, snagged one today from Headfoneshop in Toronto.

The interface is much, much better than my AK100 MKII. 

Haven't had much time to A/B between the two but I'll make sure to leave my impressions once that's done. So far I'm liking the Cirrus Logic chip =)

Nov 6, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #742 of 1,293
Nov 6, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #743 of 1,293
has some of you experienced clicks due to electrostatic charging/discharging? having the ak70 in the pocket of my cotton jacket it seems to discharge frictional electricity resulting in loud clicks in the earphones. this is damn annoying.

man, this dark silver looks gorgeous. i hate being an early adopter :frowning2:

Nov 9, 2016 at 11:55 AM Post #745 of 1,293
Astell & Kern says we shouldn't use another USB cable than the one provided with the player.
Is there any reason? I have a very good USB cable from forza audio. It should be ok, no?

Nov 9, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #748 of 1,293
@luisandre what kind of usb cable did you get from FAW? Would it by any chance be a micro-B to micro-B for, say, connecting to a mojo?
smily_headphones1.gif

I thought I read it somewere... was checking ak website, but in fact I don't see anything mentioning it...

I have a FAW Copper Series Twin USB A to micro B.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 9, 2016 at 3:02 PM Post #749 of 1,293
I thought I read it somewere... was checking ak website, but in fact I don't see anything mentioning it...

I have a FAW Copper Series Twin USB A to micro B. :)

Oh ok. I was wondering which cable you got because I got my AK70 recently to pair with my Mojo and I'm using a cheap ebay microB to microB cable. I was thinking of asking Mateusz to make a custom cable that would fit my needs

Nov 9, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #750 of 1,293
Oh ok. I was wondering which cable you got because I got my AK70 recently to pair with my Mojo and I'm using a cheap ebay microB to microB cable. I was thinking of asking Mateusz to make a custom cable that would fit my needs

I´m sure Mateus will make you a great cable :)
I´m just wondering, and maybe that´s what you want, an L shaped to L shaped microB to microB. Not sure FAW has that for an option.

Nice ak70 review, probably you know it:
http://www.headfonia.com/review-astellkern-ak70-geniality/
There are few cables mentioned on the review. But I´m sure FAW are much better quality! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back