New iRiver AK70
Oct 5, 2016 at 4:19 AM Post #633 of 1,293
Hi guys
I'm finally going to buy my first dap, and after considering a lot of models I have chosen the AK70.
I want to use it with iem, at home as on the go.
And here is the other problem for me: till now I have used only my ipod touch with the standard apple earpod, so I don't know how to choose a good pair of iems.
I want a pair of universal fit iems, with a price range of 100-300 $ more or less, that sound good with the ak70.
Any of you owners can give me a hand?
Thanks a lot

Oct 5, 2016 at 4:46 AM Post #634 of 1,293
  Hi guys
I'm finally going to buy my first dap, and after considering a lot of models I have chosen the AK70.
And here is the other problem for me: till now I have used only my ipod touch with the standard apple earpod, so I don't know how to choose a good pair of iems.
I want a pair of universal fit iems, with a price range of 100-300 $ more or less, that sound good with the ak70.
Thanks a lot

I personally use the Shozy Cygnus pretty much all the time. They are high-fidelity earbuds rather than IEM's though. I prefer earbuds more.

Oct 5, 2016 at 9:06 AM Post #637 of 1,293

can someone just confirm this please? thank you in advance.

Yes the equalizer is rather "subtile" if there is any effect . The one I see is that it decrease the volume whatever settings you use (even all the frequency to the max) by a good 6db maybe more.
The preset so called "PRO" sounds like a loudness filter.
Therefore I never use the equalizer.
Probably a bug that has to be addressed in a future software upgrade.

Oct 5, 2016 at 9:07 AM Post #638 of 1,293

Yes the equalizer is rather "subtile" if there is any effect . The one I see is that it decrease the volume whatever settings you use (even all the frequency to the max) by a good 6db maybe more.
The preset so called "PRO" sounds like a loudness filter.
Therefore I never use the equalizer.
Probably a bug that has to be addressed in a future software upgrade.

thank you. exactly my experience.

Oct 5, 2016 at 9:08 AM Post #639 of 1,293
  I personally use the Shozy Cygnus pretty much all the time. They are high-fidelity earbuds rather than IEM's though. I prefer earbuds more.

I cannot use earbuds : they always fall down ; my ear's shape are probably not compatible ...

Oct 5, 2016 at 9:15 AM Post #640 of 1,293
  thank you. exactly my experience.

ANother bug I had is when you press the pause button together with the on/off button (don't try this) 
I did it by mistake and it puts the AK70 in a never-ending loop of 1/5sec sample .
If it happens to you don't panic.
DON'T PANIC
pushing any button will have absolutely no effect
pressing the screen also no effect
Never ending loop .... I was expecting to wait until the battery is empty !
In fact if you push for a long long long long... time the Power button. 
It restarts ....
o2smile.gif

Oct 5, 2016 at 9:22 AM Post #641 of 1,293
  Hi guys
Thanks a lot

I recommend you the LZ A2s i am using .
They are just perfect match to AK70.
I carefully did the burn-in the maker is recommending i.e.: 12 hours white noise -12dB and then 12 hours pink noise -12dB.
And they were just awesome. costing me less than $60 .
They are well above the Senneiher MM80i i used before .
I have put some japanese Spinfit ear plugs now to have a perfect bass end. 

Now waiting for a balanced IEM to test . So may be something better to recommends in the next 2/3 weeks around $200.

Oct 5, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #643 of 1,293

I recommend you the LZ A2s i am using .
They are just perfect match to AK70.
I carefully did the burn-in the maker is recommending i.e.: 12 hours white noise -12dB and then 12 hours pink noise -12dB.
And they were just awesome. costing me less than $60 .
They are well above the Senneiher MM80i i used before .
I have put some japanese Spinfit ear plugs now to have a perfect bass end. 

Now waiting for a balanced IEM to test . So may be something better to recommends in the next 2/3 weeks around $200.

Thanks for your answer and your advice.
I have made a brief research on this model, but I see that is a bit difficult to find here in Europe: I should order them directly from China.
Do you have any other models, more simple to buy for me, similar to the LZ A2s?
I'll also be waiting for the test of the balanced IEM

Oct 5, 2016 at 10:44 AM Post #644 of 1,293
  Thanks for your answer and your advice.
I have made a brief research on this model, but I see that is a bit difficult to find here in Europe: I should order them directly from China.
Do you have any other models, more simple to buy for me, similar to the LZ A2s?
I'll also be waiting for the test of the balanced IEM

LOL
I live in FRANCE bought it on Ebay got it in 2 weeks

Oct 5, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #645 of 1,293
Will a pair of Shure 535 work great with this DAP?

36ohms, must fit the AK70
Above my budget though (around $300)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back