New iRiver AK70
Sep 23, 2016 at 4:27 AM Post #601 of 1,293
  TIDAL support might actually be fiiiinally coming to some AK players (including the AK70)!  Yay!!!

http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2016/09/tidal-support-coming-soon-to-selected-astellkern-daps/

I wish Qobuz do something too....

Sep 23, 2016 at 4:46 AM Post #602 of 1,293
Anyone tried connect AK70 and Android phone? It seems like ak70 supposed to receive phone calls. I get notification on ak70 with incoming call, but can't hear anything through phones. It would be great feature to receive calls on ak70 and don't put out phones.

Отправлено с моего XT1095 через Tapatalk

Sep 26, 2016 at 5:38 PM Post #606 of 1,293
Can someone help a balanced cable novice by suggesting one for the AK70 with Nighthawks? 

I found this option but would prefer something braided:
https://www.surfcables.com/products/sennheiser-hd700-headphone-cables?variant=18269269891

Does a balanced cable's plug always have three bands around it for 2.5mm sockets? Would that mean this Amazon cable is not balanced, then, but a standard one?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KFVW9I4

Sep 28, 2016 at 4:43 AM Post #608 of 1,293

For the moment the best in ear partner for AK70 i found is AZ-A2S, 
When using headphones Audeze Sine works fine but i find it too big for street use.
So I am looking for the best in-ear solution , and probably 2.5mm balanced jack helps but all AK earphones cost more than AK70 !
I did not find anything balanced at a "reasonable" price which i consider to be below $200 considering AK70 price.
All your suggestions are welcome ...

Sep 28, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #609 of 1,293

Thanks, I'm going to investigate that Ebay seller's options. In the meantime, I reached out to Audioquest. In case it helps someone else, the specs for the Nighthawk/AK70 balanced cable are a 2 x mono 2.5mm to 1 x 2.5mm TRRS.

Sep 29, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #610 of 1,293
I'm wondering, should I wait for the AK70 to get a price drop or get the AK Jr at 300 USD now? I don't need 2.5, DAC out or wifi and don't mind the lag on Jr since I don't usually pick music. I've listened to the Jr and was surprised how good it was but I already have the Xduoo X3. 

Sep 30, 2016 at 3:40 AM Post #611 of 1,293
i really start to hate astell&kern for not allowing their daps to be mounted as a mass storage device on macs. syncing an up to date itunes library to this device is a huge pain in the a**. does somebody know how to contact astell&kern/iriver to file a feature request? mtp connection is so 2005. if i had known that it would be such a hassle to get songs onto this device i would not have bought it. i'm really disappointed...

Sep 30, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #612 of 1,293
  i really start to hate astell&kern for not allowing their daps to be mounted as a mass storage device on macs. syncing an up to date itunes library to this device is a huge pain in the a**. does somebody know how to contact astell&kern/iriver to file a feature request? mtp connection is so 2005. if i had known that it would be such a hassle to get songs onto this device i would not have bought it. i'm really disappointed...

I am 100% mac . Its so easy to transfer : just select on Itunes and drag and drop on the Android File Transfer window ( in the main memory or in the SD card as you wish) and ... it's done.

Oct 1, 2016 at 4:59 AM Post #614 of 1,293
Yeah, that's exactly what I do with my android phone. Download here and just drag and drop

https://www.android.com/filetransfer/

I am 100% mac . Its so easy to transfer : just select on Itunes and drag and drop on the Android File Transfer window ( in the main memory or in the SD card as you wish) and ... it's done.

no, no, no. that's exactly what i do not want to do! yeah, of course i know of this abandonware called android file transfer. that's actually what i was talking about and what i do not want to use: lame mtp conntection. the fact that astell&kern calls android file transfer the "Mac OS X USB Driver" is a joke and imho a slap in the face of the user. it is no driver. it's just an old piece of software (2012) which allows to access the storage via mtp to copy and delete files. but i don't want to just load stuff on it with this piece of software. i want to sync it with an organized library which i curate on my mac. i want to keep a folder on the ak70 in sync with one on my mac. that's not possible with mtp connection where you have to add and delete files manually.

i'm so disappointed that astell&kern treats the mac community this bad. as a long time mac user i never felt handicapped using this platform. but now it's the first time using this dap. it's a shame that astell&kern shares the spirit with apple regarding aesthetics, design, product quality and most obviously the price and then leaves the mac with this crapty mtp implementation.

fiio is able to give its android based x7 mass storage device capabilities. why is astell&kern this incompetent? 

Oct 1, 2016 at 5:56 AM Post #615 of 1,293

no, no, no. that's exactly what i do not want to do! yeah, of course i know of this abandonware called android file transfer. that's actually what i was talking about and what i do not want to use: lame mtp conntection. the fact that astell&kern calls android file transfer the "Mac OS X USB Driver" is a joke and imho a slap in the face of the user. it is no driver. it's just an old piece of software (2012) which allows to access the storage via mtp to copy and delete files. but i don't want to just load stuff on it with this piece of software. i want to sync it with an organized library which i curate on my mac. i want to keep a folder on the ak70 in sync with one on my mac. that's not possible with mtp connection where you have to add and delete files manually.

i'm so disappointed that astell&kern treats the mac community this bad. as a long time mac user i never felt handicapped using this platform. but now it's the first time using this dap. it's a shame that astell&kern shares the spirit with apple regarding aesthetics, design, product quality and most obviously the price and then leaves the mac with this crapty mtp implementation.

fiio is able to give its android based x7 mass storage device capabilities. why is astell&kern this incompetent? 

Cool your jets Rockwell, it works like that , and it does so very well.
So Drag & Drop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back